Praise the Sun(bros)!

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Praise the Sun(bros)!

Post by callipygias on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Speaking of which...

I had my best moment as a Sunbro yesterday. I was doing 4 Kings co-op for hours and hours with my new sl 66 dex guy, and kept getting summoned alongside an excellent fellow Sunbro. I can't remember the exact circumstances, but he took a huge hit, and with very little health backed off, just as the King started to soul suck right at him. I wasn't far away so I quick rolled right at the king and took the soul suck for my Sunbro bro.

Not a big deal in the scheme of things,as I was at full health, but I was still proud that I did it. Especially since it's always kind of shameful getting boss-grappled in co-op.

That's the end of me tooting my own horn.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    befowler

Post by befowler on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:40 pm

I let super Ornstein impale me fairly often since it gives the host a nice long break to heal themselves, change their shorts, etc. Another one I've sometimes had to do is eat a bunch of pursuers angling for a host, since most people only get 3 casts of them and you can sometimes even survive it. I am a full service sunbro.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 pm

uh dude.. pendant the pursuers..

Post by befowler on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Not all my builds have it, and I find the success rate of that pendant to be underwhelming to say the least.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:55 am

I just had a touching (to me) broment with my summoner. I was helping him take out Manus and my summoner was being overwhelmed, so I rush over to save him and ended up distracting Manus. I was basically bleeding out I was so low on HP and took the 5-hit combo. As I died I thought of what it meant to be super sand legend. It was beautiful. My bro survived the encounter too.

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
    That looks on tempests and is never shaken"

XBL:Gunsoftheidiots
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:16 pm

FexDS wrote:

Sir Praisesalot

Post by befowler on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I love those - particularly when a host is saavy enough to actually realize what you did. A couple of times after I've purposefully eaten full pursuers spreads to save a distracted or vulnerable host, they've traveled all the way back up from the chasm to summon me in the township again. Great feeling.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

http://mmdks.com/y9b

One of my favorite sunbros to play on!
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

mlgs sunbro builds are probably the best non magic resistant boss killers in the game.

seriously you just stand off to the side and spam r2 the entire fight hahahah.

Addicted

Post by Tanklord on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am

Two days ago I summoned a phantom in New Londo for help with the 4 Kings. He immediately took off down the stairs towards the Magic blacksmith and threw himself off, the cad. Talk about getting my hopes up. I defeated the Kings sans help cheers

Yesterday a host was having much grief against the Ceaseless Discharge. He was grateful to me when I used my +11 Washing Pole and Dragonslayer Greatbow to slay the monstrosity. He was also grateful when I helped inflict much bleeding damage upon the Demon Firesage en route to victory. He messaged me, stating that I saved him loads of time. I was so proud that I felt like a giggling Bloated Head Oolacile servant afterwards cheers

befowler

Post by befowler on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 pm

I have a number of sl55ish coop characters, but this is my classic Solaire build:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=242985187856077277

Surprisingly high across the board defenses, a variety of offensive melee, ranged, and spell options, and a nice miracle boost from ring of the sun's firstborn (which also seems to increase the range/knockdown on WoG). With 30 faith you can also swap in Vow of Silence if you run into a rich vein of dark magic spammers, and with that flexible ring spot you can throw on Leo's etc as event dictate. I like 55 as a coop default because you get good summon rates from Sen's onwards. Praise the sun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 am