Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
reim0027
Yukon
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
lextune
Serious_Much
Uparkaam
WarriorOfSunlight
aceluby
12 posters

Darkmoons and 'Sin'

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Darkmoons and 'Sin' Empty Darkmoons and 'Sin'

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 am

I've seen a few threads over the past week or so talking about BB toons inheriting sin because of the glitch. During these discussions it is very common for people to suggest that 'sin' for darkmoons can be initiated by hitting NPC's or betraying your covenant. My question is has anybody confirmed this?

My theory is that to be eligible to be invaded by a darkmoon you have to be indicted, either as a DW or a forest hunter, and once that happens there is no turning it off. Now, I haven't tested this 100%, but I did kill an NPC on my last go around and hung around Anor Londo for an hour and never had a single darkmoon invasion, only darkwraith. This led me to believe two things.

1) Sin is not tied to your gamertag as I once thought
    2) Sin (for DM invasions) is only applied if you are indicted.

I'd love to hear some other people's thoughts on this seeing as it's one of the more popular covenants.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Darkmoons and 'Sin' Empty Re: Darkmoons and 'Sin'

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:02 pm

In my experience, a friend of mine was invaded constantly in Anor Londo (his rage was too funny) by Dark Moon Blades, I had to explain to him that killing all NPC's that don't sell you stuff isn't a good idea.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Dragon covenanters can also be indicted.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 pm

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:In my experience, a friend of mine was invaded constantly in Anor Londo (his rage was too funny) by Dark Moon Blades, I had to explain to him that killing all NPC's that don't sell you stuff isn't a good idea.

Was he ever indicted before that, maybe as a forest hunter? If not, did he try to kill Gwyndolin?

The reason I ask is because I killed Griggs after rescuing him and it never opened the darkmoons up for me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Ace, I've gotten plenty of DM invasions for just killing NPCs. (Usually Crestfallen, shiva, laurentius etc.)

I think it's any kind of sin at all. Even just switching covenants without using Oswald of carim first gives sin and opens up darkmoon invasions.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

I can confirm 100% that yoi do not have to be indicted to be invaded by a darkmoon.

I have 2 toons get invaded within the first 15 minutes of play time. One had used the bb "glitch" so that could explain him. But the other had done nothing. Made no invasions. Killed no npcs. Committed no "sin"

...and the DM was nearly 50 levels above me as well. The whole covenant is broken and blows.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 pm

lextune wrote:I can confirm 100% that yoi do not have to be indicted to be invaded by a darkmoon.

I have 2 toons get invaded within the first 15 minutes of play time. One had used the bb "glitch" so that could explain him. But the other had done nothing. Made no invasions. Killed no npcs. Committed no "sin"

...and the DM was nearly 50 levels above me as well. The whole covenant is broken and blows.

The BB glitch will carry over your sin. Was the other one created after the BB character?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

i have a bb'd char in ng+ now and the dm invasions are very frequent but oswald says i haven't sinned, oh well they've all been bad a t pvp and worth a ton of souls so no matter.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm

aceluby wrote:The BB glitch will carry over your sin. Was the other one created after the BB character?

No only one of them, as I said.

I had a thread about the other one actually: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t1711-darkmoon-invasions-and-sinning
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:07 pm

lextune wrote:
    aceluby wrote:The BB glitch will carry over your sin. Was the other one created after the BB character?

I had a thread about the other one actually: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t1711-darkmoon-invasions-and-sinning

Nobody asked, so I will. Did you have ten characters built before making this char?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Another question for all of you. When invaded had you ever used the black crystal before hand either as a host or as a partner? This could also be adding to you DM 'sin'.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't understand why people who bb glitch complain about this, arent you bb glitching to avoid farming up a character for PVP? SOooooooo, I guess you weren't looking for Darkmoon PVP?

I always thought that being killed by a DM removed your sin, since I often got idicted in the forest, walked out got wolloped by a DM and.... that was that. I got invaded as many times as I was indicted and then it just stopped, and I could never see myself on the book of the guilty, even when I went crazy and murdered everyone post-NG+.

Really, if you don't want to play online then run hollow. You have just as much chance getting invaded by a Dark wraith at random as you do a darkmoon. It's silly to hate on a single covenant.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:14 pm

And even if you have "sinned" there is no point of having a game where a level 80 in full Havel, with Wrath of Gods can invade a level 4 player.

Even if they have used the Box "glitch" they still only have like 11 vitality, it is stupid.

In stead of getting the message "you have been invaded by a spirit of vengeance" you should just drop dead and get the message; "you sinned".
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:17 pm

aceluby wrote:
    lextune wrote:

Nobody asked, so I will. Did you have ten characters built before making this char?

I did. I must be up to nearly 20 characters by now. (It is now a sad moment when I have to decide who to delete next, lol).

Why?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

It's too bad there isn't a wooden spoon weapon, could you imagine all the mother mask, apron wearing DM's there would be out punishing sinners?
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Yukon wrote:You have just as much chance getting invaded by a Dark wraith at random as you do a darkmoon. It's silly to hate on a single covenant.

It is not silly.

You cannot be invaded by a Darkwraith that is a ridiculously higher level then you.

It is as simple as that.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Same thing applies in the forest, and even to red soap signs, I have invaded someone with a level 118 character who was over 80 levels my superior.

You can't win them all, nor is that the point. The motto of the game is to be brutal. Wraiths in early game are just that, no more than moons, dragons, hunters, gavelords, or hell even duels.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:31 pm

aceluby wrote:
    WarriorOfSunlight wrote:In my experience, a friend of mine was invaded constantly in Anor Londo (his rage was too funny) by Dark Moon Blades, I had to explain to him that killing all NPC's that don't sell you stuff isn't a good idea.

Was he ever indicted before that, maybe as a forest hunter? If not, did he try to kill Gwyndolin?

The reason I ask is because I killed Griggs after rescuing him and it never opened the darkmoons up for me.
    He's just got the game off me, so no he's just trying to survive the game progression, as for Gwyndolin, no he hasn't been to the catacombs yet so can't access him.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Gwyndolin is in anor londo, in the very lowest part of the turnpike bridge. He is the leader of the darkmoons, you are thinking of the final boss Gwyn.

EDIT:
    Also, I don't know what it is about new players and being trigger happy. I have helped several of my friends through this game and there are always atleast 2 casualties. Pyromancers, winny the pooh sounding covenant members. You name it, they've lost their grip on R2 and poked them in the face with a battle-axe.

Last edited by Yukon on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:34 pm

From what I understand, sin is based on your PSN and not on your specific build.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Yukon wrote:Gwyndolin is in anor londo, in the very lowest part of the turnpike bridge. He is the leader of the darkmoons, you are thinking of the final boss Gwyn.
    Me? No, you need the dark moon seance ring to access Gwyndolin, which is located in the catacombs, he hasn't been there yet.
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Yukon wrote:Gwyndolin is in anor londo, in the very lowest part of the turnpike bridge. He is the leader of the darkmoons, you are thinking of the final boss Gwyn.

EDIT:
    Also, I don't know what it is about new players and being trigger happy. I have helped several of my friends through this game and there are always atleast 2 casualties. Pyromancers, winny the pooh sounding covenant members. You name it, they've lost their grip on R2 and poked them in the face with a battle-axe.

From what I gather he was talking about the Darkmoon Seance Ring, not Gwyndolin himself.

Oh nevermind post above beat me to it.

Last edited by Liff Daddy on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm

OH, my bad, I forgot about that. I forgot because my first play I did a suicide run of the catacombs before I realized I was outmatched and walked away grudingly to the depths. So I picked that ring up by chance and forgot where it came from by the time I needed to use it.

I thought you meant he needed to beat nito before seeing gwyn
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:43 pm

lextune wrote:I can confirm 100% that yoi do not have to be indicted to be invaded by a darkmoon.

How many times do i have to keep reminding people not to say stuff like this. Nobody and I mean NOBODy wants another discussion about which covenenants are "superior" to others.

Anywho I'm of the opinion that if you sin you deserve everything you get malicious sin or not. If you don't sin and get invaded then you could just be experiencing one of DkS many glitches. I've invaded many times as DM only to become a red phantom or white phantom.

Btw If he was infact a DM, sorry about the other stuff then, then its not his fault he didn't choose you specifically, if he choose to kill you then shame on him beating down low sl players, except griefers, isn't fun.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:

How many times do i have to keep reminding people not to say stuff like this. Nobody and I mean NOBODy wants another discussion about which covenenants are "superior" to others.

Anywho I'm of the opinion that if you sin you deserve everything you get malicious sin or not. If you don't sin and get invaded then you could just be experiencing one of DkS many glitches. I've invaded many times as DM only to become a red phantom or white phantom.

Btw If he was infact a DM, sorry about the other stuff then, then its not his fault he didn't choose you specifically, if he choose to kill you then shame on him beating down low sl players, except griefers, isn't fun.
    I've run out of rep to give, remind me to + rep tomorrow.
    Praise the Sun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm