Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Scudman_Slayer
Midgar
Yesuurd
ted1023
foolycooly
11 posters

Host is a Ninja

foolycooly
    Casual
    Casual

Host is a Ninja Empty Host is a Ninja

Post by foolycooly Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:18 am

So I invaded this guy, spent around 10 mins searching for him, finally found him and killed him. Later I invaded him again and another invader joined, we searched for this guy for 45 minutes straight in the archives, I looked for him in every nook and cranny. He wins sad Prostration , I raged a bit too after all that time not being able to find him lol.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Host is a Ninja Empty Re: Host is a Ninja

Post by ted1023 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

Charmeleon, can be a very wicked spell when used right. I once invaded someone in blighttown and spent almost an hour searching for him I was trying to lock on everything I seen. I finally found him as a jar next to the rock throwing guys. I never thouught of looking there cause I figured they would have attacked him, but he was close enough to not draw attention... The bad thing was he parried me to death..lol
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 pm

ted1023 wrote:Charmeleon, can be a very wicked spell when used right. I once invaded someone in blighttown and spent almost an hour searching for him I was trying to lock on everything I seen. I finally found him as a jar next to the rock throwing guys. I never thouught of looking there cause I figured they would have attacked him, but he was close enough to not draw attention... The bad thing was he parried me to death..lol

Chameleon works very well at the forest, but the tree you shift into looks very different when you have the
    experience to notice.
    I am so rusty in pvp, been working all these days.I have done some pvp but not that much and I miss the forest, ted you and I need to train more and get you in more of the FC action too.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Ring of Fog as well, makes it extremely hard to see a person in certain areas especially if they are wearing dark armor.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 pm

BREAK ALL THE OBJECTS! smash all the pillars on kiln!

say *** it and use chamaleon too when searching for the host so no one will find each other!
    foolycooly
    Casual
    Casual

Post by foolycooly Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 pm

ted1023 wrote:Charmeleon, can be a very wicked spell when used right. I once invaded someone in blighttown and spent almost an hour searching for him I was trying to lock on everything I seen. I finally found him as a jar next to the rock throwing guys. I never thouught of looking there cause I figured they would have attacked him, but he was close enough to not draw attention... The bad thing was he parried me to death..lol

Trust me I checked every freaking object, I forgot exactly what you can chameleon into in the archives, one of those globe like things right? Anyways I smashed every object in there lol, the only place I didn't check was where the blue titanite slab was. Damn ninja *shakes fist*
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 am

I love it when the host wants to play hide and seek!

The best is when they're so confident in their hiding spot that they'll go afk. I find them, kill them, then message them! I usually send something like: "I found you!"

Midgar wrote:Ring of Fog as well, makes it extremely hard to see a person in certain areas especially if they are wearing dark armor.
    Can you imagine... In TOMB OF GIANTS. :x I invaded someone once, and was determined to find him. Took me 45 minutes or so, then I spotted him on the ledge where you get the Silver Serpent ring. That was before I even knew the ring was there, let alone how to get there. He's actually the reason I ever found the ring. Anyways, so I look for this guy for 45 minutes, find him, wearing his black armor and Ring of Fog. Only reason I saw him was because there was some light behind him so I barely made out his outline--thought it looked human, and I was right. I didn't know how to get up there, and figure he was afk, so I started shooting a few arrows at him. THE BASTARD DISCONNECTED. Took me 45 minutes to find this hiding coward, then he has the nerve to disconnect on me. What a *****. You can bet I sent him some nasty messages.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:02 am

LOL blaine thats so rough silly

there was some guy on the chat earlier invading people with ring of fog in Tomb of giants, was such a troll would make so many people rage quit. Regular invasions are bad enough in there :|
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 am

It's better to host in ToG than it is to invade if you want to be stealthy. Invaders glow red--can be seen from a mile away! When I invade in there, I usually wear the Sunlight Maggot, otherwise I'd be screwed. I don't know how effective wearing the Ring of Fog would be as an invader. As a host, though: practically invisible.

In Dark Anor Londo too. Damn Gold Hemmed and Ring of Fog = good luck spotting him...
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:50 am

Serious_Much wrote:LOL blaine thats so rough silly

there was some guy on the chat earlier invading people with ring of fog in Tomb of giants, was such a troll would make so many people rage quit. Regular invasions are bad enough in there :|

I think I might try this as host, my characters are probably a bit too high to host that area and get lots of invades though. Maybe I'll make a new character and be a stealthy ninja in the tomb.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 am

BLA1NE wrote:It's better to host in ToG than it is to invade if you want to be stealthy. Invaders glow red--can be seen from a mile away! When I invade in there, I usually wear the Sunlight Maggot, otherwise I'd be screwed. I don't know how effective wearing the Ring of Fog would be as an invader. As a host, though: practically invisible.

In Dark Anor Londo too. Damn Gold Hemmed and Ring of Fog = good luck spotting him...

Yeah i invaded a few farmers there like that once, could not see the host until he ran up to me and hit me, he was completely invisible.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 pm

if your gonna do that be a gravelord and ruin someones day! that way they have to deal with bp skelleton dogs and when the invade they can't find you!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Another fun trick in ToG as a host is that the archers get bored of you after a while if they can't hit you due to obstructions. There are several spots near some of them where you can stand particularly with the ring of fog where they'll shoot at you for a bit, and then give up if you don't move. Some are quite close to the archers (being purposefully - ahem - cryptic here). Point being, many invaders will assume if the archers aren't firing at something, you're not near them. This combined with the BP undead hounds that appear makes gravelording in ToG just pure evil. Plus your light radius from the sunlight maggot or lantern is visible only to you, so you can watch people stumbling right past you in the dark and miss you every time.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Ha, love the OP. Anything that makes invaders rage is alright in my book!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:11 pm

I had a darkwraith go ninja on me in the Burg. Japanese player invaded and I and two summons chased him back to the rooftop where you find some throwing daggers. After some fun ranged battles and spell attacks, the guy up and just vanishes into thin air. We advanced from the two different routes in a pincer, and instead of running into him around some corner we all just ran into each other. Then we scoured the area from fog gate to fog gate twice, and found nothing. Finally we hung around near the bonfire for a while and he never stuck his head up. After about 45 minutes, I jumped off the edge to my death, because he totally won. I still have no idea where he went.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 pm

^Why didn't you just go fight the boss and send him home?

Now that I think of it, when you're fighting a boss, you can quit game and respawn outside the fog gate. So you could have sent him home and not fought the boss. silly
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:47 pm

That toon is sl120 - I left Taurus alive on that toon as part of my sunbro action avenger squad in the burg (I was hosting). I suppose I could have gone through fog gate and then quit, but if someone evades 3 players in an enclosed space for 45 minutes I will suicide to give them the win. That guy was seriously puttin' the wraith in darkwraith
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:19 pm

I invaded as a Darkmoon once and looked in the Forest for a guy for probably 20-30 minutes. I went everywhere from the top of the ML Butterfly stairs to behind the goddamn Hydra in the basin...smashed every tree, looked EVERYWHERE.

Finally, I message him and tell him I'd give him a Humanity just for hiding so well (really, I would have just given him one and left). He ignores me, so I leave, but message again asking where he was. He responds this time...

"I was wearing the Fog ring and hiding where you get the Dragon Bow."

I message again and it turns out I invaded him in the Forest but he was in Anor Londo...

That's when I stopped Darkmooning.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Wow, really? I've seen and heard of many bugs with invasions, but invading in completely the wrong area is a new one on me. I know there are certain spots where you can just make it past a fog gate such that the invader is stuck on the other side and can't ever reach you, but it's not like forest/londo are close.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 pm

befowler wrote:I had a darkwraith go ninja on me in the Burg. Japanese player invaded and I and two summons chased him back to the rooftop where you find some throwing daggers. After some fun ranged battles and spell attacks, the guy up and just vanishes into thin air. We advanced from the two different routes in a pincer, and instead of running into him around some corner we all just ran into each other. Then we scoured the area from fog gate to fog gate twice, and found nothing. Finally we hung around near the bonfire for a while and he never stuck his head up. After about 45 minutes, I jumped off the edge to my death, because he totally won. I still have no idea where he went.

If He jump off the roof and dissapeared, then he took the short cut to the capra demon. From the roof you can jump down without fighting the Tarus Demon. I found this out by mistake I jumped off the roof and landed infront of the fog gate leadin to the capra demon..lol
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:02 pm

^No ****! That's awesome, I didn't even know that. Would've saved me some time just now making my new PvP Mage--could've saved Griggs and Laurentinus faster.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:33 pm

ted1023 wrote:If He jump off the roof and dissapeared, then he took the short cut to the capra demon. From the roof you can jump down without fighting the Tarus Demon. I found this out by mistake I jumped off the roof and landed infront of the fog gate leadin to the capra demon..lol

The roof with the throwing knives on it? I've fallen off enough places in the burg wonder if it was possible to survive (in some places you bounce off roofs etc) but never managed to stick the landing.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:04 pm

befowler wrote:
    ted1023 wrote:If He jump off the roof and dissapeared, then he took the short cut to the capra demon. From the roof you can jump down without fighting the Tarus Demon. I found this out by mistake I jumped off the roof and landed infront of the fog gate leadin to the capra demon..lol

The roof with the throwing knives on it? I've fallen off enough places in the burg wonder if it was possible to survive (in some places you bounce off roofs etc) but never managed to stick the landing.

Yea if I remember right its kind of a two jump process I'll make a video of it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 pm

i think there already is a vid of that, i do this with everyone of my mages now, yyou just jump back over the ladder leading to the roof to the small lip of stone on the wall on your left (takes some practice to find the angle) then back up as far as you can on the small ledge and running jump at the wooden section of the wall on the right (wooden support struts?)
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 pm

This is very cool. Are there places you can get to jumping down from above that you can't from ground level in the lower burg? I know from PvP in there that I've seen bloodstains left from dwraiths who have fallen into areas that seemed inaccessible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm