Found my first blacksmith, need info

Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Found my first blacksmith, need info

Post by Yukon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 pm

The worst thing about that chest was I saw it coming. Since the very first chest I saw, I was like NOOoooo, swung at it... nothing then hours of gaming later when I had lured myself into a sense of safety from killer chests... that one chest in the floor of the sens fort.

I walked around it at first, avoided it for a long time, then curiousity got me, and I back tracked to go get it. FFFFUUU!!! as soon as those arms came out I laughed so hard. Damn you From, you sadistic jerks.

EDIT: if you have a pyromancy hand and a decent shield you can run most of the archives with just great combustion.
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:47 pm

I heard pyromancy was a neat feature in this game, but not worth investing in since the spells take to long to charge to use and no scaling modifier for it that helps mag adjustment, only over priced upgrades to make it a little stronger.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Deadpool wrote:I heard pyromancy was a neat feature in this game, but not worth investing in since the spells take to long to charge to use and no scaling modifier for it that helps mag adjustment, only over priced upgrades to make it a little stronger.

I completely disagree w/ this analysis. Pyro is wonderful simply because you can upgrade it to max (yes, it does take a lot of souls), but don't have to level up your character. A lvl 25 w/ a max pyro glove is a force for that level. A great fireball can do upwards of 900 damage to the gaping dragon. Then you have spells like combustion and great combustion which are powerful AND fast, faster still if you are Dex based. It's a tool any character can have and will benefit from.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Well I have no experience with it yet do I can't say much of it. After this character I'll try it out.

Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:02 pm

greetings everyone. this is my first post to this forum... i took a short break from Dark Souls for Skyrim, but now i am back on the grind. i have a question about Mr. Andrei and weapon ascension.

i have given the Large Ember and Divine Ember to Andrei but it keeps telling me i have no weapons for ascension when i go to modify. i have not ascended any weapons in this game yet so i am unfamiliar... i have only upgraded them with titanite. i do not know what i must do in order to ascend a weapon.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:02 pm

The weapons need to be upgraded to +5 to be ascended. And welcome to the forums man.

Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 pm

thanks much! i am looking forward to sharing things on this forum.

that being said, is it possible to ascend the Drake Sword?
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Yes, you need Dragon Scales, however it really isn't that great of a weapon. As time goes on upgraded normal weapons will out damage that drake sword because of stat scaling. Good luck in your adventures in Dark Souls.

Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:41 pm

right on. i love this game and can't wait to continue advancing. maybe i'll see you on some time! Praise the Sun praise the sun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 pm