Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
callipygias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Midgar
ViralEnsign_
BLA1NE
reim0027
darksoulslover
11 posters

made my new char please help

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

made my new char please help - Page 4 Empty Re: made my new char please help

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:17 am

Crystal Soul Spear.

Crystal Magic Weapon.

Non Player Character.

With a +15 Uchi you can actually buff it, so CMW, MW, and GMW are perfect choices with your stats.

Magic Weapon, Great Magic Weapon.

I might not suggest joining the forest covenant just yet, it is a covenant in which you invade the forest, a hellish battlefield in Player versus Player. Darkmoons are a bit easier to start invading as, as are Dark Wraiths or via using Cracked Orbs. Cracked orbs can only be bought as a Dark Wraith from the Serpent in the Abyss, if you haven't already given Frampt the Lordsbessel, if you have you cannot become a dark wraith until NG+.

If you do wish to join the forest hunters though, in my signature is a link to the Forest Hunters tactics and tips thread, it will definitely help you out a lot.

Also for casting spells and getting the most out of your intelligence, you should check out Blain's Catalys Magic Adjustment thread. Here's the link, https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t53-magic-adjusts-all-catalysts-all-levels

By the way if you want, you can join the forest hunters for a bit then leave the cov. While in the cov in the forest you'll find a man in golden armor named Shiva, speak to him, then go to blight town. Near the water wheel he'll be selling exotic weapons and katanas you might enjoy, try some out and see what you like. Almost all of his weapons have dex scaling.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Tolvo wrote:Where is Blain! Stats are more so his thing.
    Haha, I love discussing stats! But I tend to shy away from it when giving advice to new players, because I consider it more information than they need. I can tell them to get their Int to 44 to get CSS, but that brings up a lot of questions: what's CSS? Where is Logan? What's Duke's archives? Strategies, etc... And I feel, by that point, I'd have spoiled so much of the game. As much as I love to help and advise people, I'm a proponent of discovering the game yourself. There's nothing quite like the feeling of uncertainty in exploring Dark Souls yourself on a first playthrough, and I hate to spoil that for new players--even if they ask for the spoilers...

Also, to even begin to help someone with stats, they have to have an idea what they want to achieve with the character. I can't help someone if they don't know whether they want 4 attunment slots or 10, or if they want to go dex or strength, dual wield, whatever. If the person asking for help has no idea what they want, I could throw stats at them but I wouldn't be helping them.

So when someone asks for advice on stats and they haven't even completed a playthrough, I usually tell them to finish the game at least once, and try out everything they get their hands on; weapons, armor, spells--everything.

BUT, after the whole speech I just gave, I think you've given good advice. cheers

(Btw, I created this page with the intent for new players to get acquainted with the idea of making their own builds: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Character+Building+for+Dummies )

Last edited by BLA1NE on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : url was broken)
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:32 pm

i want a char with good wep off and spells. Is 4 att slots enough?

I want to achieve a sorcery and pyro with good wep dmg thats it. PLan and simple. I thank u for the help.
    Im telling you what i have . I have no clue if its enough.Pertaining to the slots.

THats why im here looking for help. I dont wanna make more char i wanna do the one im playing now.

not being rude just saying happy I guess dex goes with sorcery cause it help the speed of casting.

ill read up on what i want my int to be at. Just looking for ways to get better wep ,armor. My spells im more than happy with exp chaos fire ball - amazing. Gonna up my pyro. But is full pyro and sorcery over kill?

WHat can i do with my uchi at 15? also got gargoyl ax but its slower. WHat are other good weps. i can use that effect dex and WORTH upgrading.

Thats all im having prob with is wep dmg and staying alive. I gave you my stats. IF you can just steer me in the right direction i would love it.
    Didn't have time to do the stat builder i gotta make a account.

again ty very much for help.Ill make another char later of str and faith build. FOr this char i just wanna have fun and stop starting over and over.

Last edited by darksoulslover on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added stuff)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 pm

There's nothing rude with asking for help! That's not what I was trying to say... Just that my own recommendation would be for you to get through the game trying out as many things as possible right now, and then come back and ask specific questions, only so I (and we) can help you better.

You can ask questions now, and we'll all be happy to help. I'm just saying that our answers won't be as helpful to you as they would be if you had better fundamental understanding of what you're asking.

Edit: 4 slots, in my opinion, would not be enough. With that Int, and since you want to be a melee/ magic hybrid, it'd be a waste not to get a weapon buffing spell. So 1 slot gone out of 4 for your buffing spell, and you only have 3 left for magic and pyro. HCSM and CSS are very valuable spells to have in your arsenal, but with only 4 slots that leaves you 1 for pyro. Not to mention CSS only gives you 4 casts per attunment... For me, personally, going for a hybrid, I'd have at least 6 slots: CMW, HCSM, CSS, SS, Great Combustion (pyro), Great Fireball (pyro).

Last edited by BLA1NE on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Are you going for PvP or PvE? (If you said that already, I'm sorry).

Here's my $0.02 about sorcery in PvP. It is hard to pull off. You want a dex of 45 to maximixe casting speed. The best spells are HCSM, and CSS. Also, consider Chameleon as well.

If you want to use the Crystal Catalyst, you may consider getting 2 of each spell (making 5 attunement slots, including one slot for Pyro). If you use Logan's, then you probably don't have to do that, but for CSS it is nice to have a lot, since you will miss a lot.

Hope this helps.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 pm

ty so far im doing both pve and pvp. I suck at pvp everyone kills me in 1 hit. But its getting better and being more strategic. I dunno what i fall into pvp or pve its just dex ,sorcery and pyro.

sorry.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:48 pm

k so 1. work up to 6 to 7 slots. ok what about dex? end vit?
    i understand what ur saying and it makes sense to make specific questions.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Mages are super powerful for PvE. They can obliterate most enemies. For PvP, really steep learning curve.

If you are new to PvP, I really don't recommend a mage. BUT, you can take your Intelligence build, equip a MLGS and do melee with that. That sword is really good in PvP. Throw in some off hand Great Combustion, and you've got a good build. Swap over to magic for PvE, easy.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:53 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Darkmoon+Battlemage this was the build that caught my eye. Just wanna make sure im in right direction.

i know its a pvp but i wanted to modify it to pve. Thats is my specific question i guess.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:02 pm

A basic MLGS/Mage build might look like this.

SL: 120
    Class: pyro

Vit: 50
    Att: 23
    End: 40
    Str: 16
    Dex: 10
    Res: *
    Int: 44
    Faith: *

That'll give you 6 attunement slots and MLGS AR of 475.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Main problem with following a pre-set build like that, is it doesn't tell you what to level first. For experienced players, it's not a problem, since we can reach our desired level fairly quickly, and in the mean time we can go through the game with no problem. But for a new player, if you level things in the wrong order, it can make progressing through the game tougher than it needs to be.

Specifically: Int and Att can wait. You don't have the spells to take advantage of those stats, at the moment, anyway. What I recommend is: first thing, to get your Str and Dex to a level where you can wield a good weapon (just get base wielding stats), then upgrade that weapon on an elemental path. Then you can raise End and Vit until you're comfortable, and finally you can raise Int and Att. If you raise them in a different order, it'll unnecessarily make your progress more difficult than it could be.

(Btw, I much prefer the build Reim just suggested to the other one you linked.)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:16 pm

100% agree. Sometimes I forget that. That leveling order is exactly how I do it. Minimum for weapons, Vit/End to where you're comfortable (I usually go to 20 on each early on), then att and int later on, when you are getting your spells.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 pm

ok with that bieng said givin the stats i gave to my current char. How could i sucseed in bieng the best char i can be , with what i want out of this char?
    like i said i dont wanna start over just continue with the char im playing.

y not put points into dex. it add wep dmg and spell casting time ?????
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 am

ok i made a new char up and this is what i would like:

I picked a warrior. i want to do pve, sl i dunno what i want to achieve here. This is my ng char. What ever lvl it takes to keep beating it.

First priority is weapons dmg.
    next is spells

i wanna go str as main way of picking wep.
    wanna do faith and pyro - so attunment is needed. Dunno how much sad
    i want high end so i can wear the best armor and i want high hp to stay alive.and be agile at same time.

hard hitting agile warrior- but with faith and pyro happy

I wanna go toe to toe with the baddest of enemy's.

fig i can start by getting drake sword then picking other weps to buff. May be clay more?

Now the big question is what stats to do?
    also in what order to do stats so i can get a idea.

Like work str and vit at the same time till a certain number then att and faith?

Need some help. I think im gonna really like this char.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:16 pm

By "keep beating it," do you mean you're going to make an NG+infinity character and not cap at any specific level?
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:17 pm

you got it
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 am

Trying to fix this char. im up to 53. As you know im doing a warrior/faith and this char int dex

MY stats are as follows
    vit 20
    att 16
    end 13
    str 14
    dex 21
    res 12
    int 32
    faith 8

What im doing is basically grinding and ptting my points where they need to be to balance this out.

Weapon im running the uchi +13 and lighting rod. Which is better?
    I jsut got gold-hemmened armor .
    i have up to homing sole mass( if thats the name) and soul spear. Thats highest spells i have
    I was thinking about buying sorcery power ring to boost dmg. Is it worth it?

looking at my stats what should i raise first and to what?

ty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm