Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Myztyrio
sinspaw
Soul of Stray Demon
Kiva the wanderer
Ferrous Mathias
thrill
XuitusTheGreat
phastings
Cronotis
jaythibodeau
Steel Dragon74
Argetlam350
Juutas
Icegodzilla
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
SATLOS
skarekrow13
Onion Knight
CaligoIllioneus
δelta
Marino.
>Brave<
Serious_Much
passivefamiliar
Sneezer
FexDS
steveswede
Noob-of-Artorias
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Ashran
35 posters

Exclusive Preorder Weapons?

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Exclusive Preorder Weapons? - Page 4 Empty Re: Exclusive Preorder Weapons?

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:09 am

Just noticed the ax is described as being found in the Undead Purgatory. Isn't that s beta area? I'm not saying we'll find it in the beta but if it's an area there I would assume it will be an area in the final version. It would seem odd I think to not be able to find it there ourselves.

Another one is in a mansion. We've seen a mansion in earlier official release videos.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:15 am

BTW has anyone else noticed that the dagger is over double it's length with the black crystal on it?  I wonder if that will mean the range of the dagger will be longer than a normal path dagger or it's just a visual thing.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 am

imagine a double length ultra great sword or spear huehuehue (but ya I'd assume its aesthetic :c )
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:21 am

Maybe it gets really bad scaling, and base damage, but gets a little extra length per upgrade. For spears, it would still be op, but for greatswords, not as much.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:21 am

>Brave< wrote:*Scratches head* What's with the mixing of Fandom and DLC hate? FROM wouldn't go complete turncoat on the fanbase and become the next EA or capcom. Have a little faith instead of be doubtful and acting like those facebookies.

You don't wanna be a facebookie, do you?

People are saying that since it's DLC, these items cannot be obtained the usual way. Those without the Artorias DLC cannot have those items; don't single them out by saying "Everyone has the DLC". Talk of downloadable weapons has been around since they released the Arty DLC and when they finally announce what we've thought about, this happens? Say something positive, people.
    Exclusive Preorder Weapons? - Page 4 NHcEqsG
    *green rep blast*
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Can we just lock this god awful thread already so people stop being complete ***** and **** to each other? Honestly threads like this are making me feel incredibly unwelcome on this forum with how people treat each other.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 am

Perhaps it's for the best.

Might I make a suggestion? Because I think it is important to be kept abreast of all these pre-order goodies and DLC information perhaps it might be best for the mods to open a locked thread that only they can post in and they can update as more information comes out.

Sort of like they do with the Fextralife feed. My $0.02

EDIT: I hope OP doesn't take this a castigation of sorts. Ashran just made a thread for something that needed to shown and is blameless in all this.

Last edited by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:36 am

That is quite reasonable, since it is important people know about the Pre-Order and likely have the Translation to go with it.  But the personal bias, flaming, and etc in this thread show people are not mature enough to have a discussion openly about this subject.  This is pretty much a Spears are OP Thread.

EDIT: I feel I should also mention I'm very disappointed in the Elitist attitudes I've seen in this thread, we're supposed to be better than this dammit.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:54 am

I had said a double length spear would be op. Imagine hitting someone from double the length of the SKSP.

Spears themselves aren't op, and in fact, from when I was PvPing, I would say I saw more Katana's then spears.

With spears, their main advantage isn't damage, but length, so doubling that is much more effective then just increasing the damage.

(BTW, I'm the first one I know of to say about spears in that context, so I'm assuming it was about my statement)

And yeah, maybe there should be a thread like that, but that doesn't open up the more civil conversation that has occurred among all this bias.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 am

Soul I was using that as an example, don't actually discuss the topic of spears in this thread. This is a thread about the Pre-Order content.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:22 am

While Pre-Order weapons aren't a dealbreaker for me, I'm very sad that this is happening. sad

Though admittedly ever since Artorias of the Abyss, the gates have been opened for DLC weapons...hopefully none of these will be Gold Tracer/Black Flame levels of OP.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:26 am

Tolvo wrote:Can we just lock this god awful thread already so people stop being complete ***** and **** to each other?  Honestly threads like this are making me feel incredibly unwelcome on this forum with how people treat each other.
    I don't know if the mods do it here, but on other forums I go on, moderators just trash offending posts when people get in heated discussions with one another so the thread can get back on track. No need to trash a whole topic when we're actively talking about certain things reasonably.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:13 am

There are no offending posts here. From what I've read (since I last talked about locking), the posts have been benign. As always we will deal with a thread when it needs intervention, but unnecessarily demanding it be locked when the only person who is losing their cool here is the one asking that it be locked isn't merited.

Also people as always do not down rep things just because you do not agree with their opinion. Down reps are saved for posts which break rules. I see a few misguided neg reps in the last few pages and it's misleading for people who jump into the topic and see neg reps on posts that shouldn't be ignored as the voting would suggest
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 am

Then you truly are blind Serious, and it really worries me in regards to what that means for the future of the forum.

EDIT:  Keep in mind Serious, in this thread you deemed it the truth to call me not a True Fan, because I didn't Pre-Order the game.  I've logged over 2,000 hours in Dark Souls, purchased Demon's Souls and played it for hundreds of hours.  I love both games, I've analyzed them, joined a community involving them, worked on a Wiki for Dark Souls, speculated about the Lore, and played with hundreds of people.

But no according to you I'm not a True Fan because I didn't Pre-Order.

So perhaps when you can start ignoring your personal bias and understand you have insulted me, that people have been insulting those that aren't happy about these Pre-Order bonuses, you'll realize this thread is a lot more volatile than it appears at first.  The crazy guy getting so emotional and angry is really just wanting the same respect you give each other.  I was being respectful, I did not get respect turn.  As such I stopped giving you and the others respect since you do not deserve it if you can not afford to show it to me either.

You are also being a massive hypocrite frankly, you hate Elitism so much unless it's the Elitism you like such as being a "True Fan." Obviously you're the "True Fan" not me, so it makes my side instantly wrong.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:38 am

ummmm this had moved on o-o and we're talking about the pre-order weapons soooo its all fine o-o

in regard to length addition to spears or other items that would be an interesting upgrade path since u would be able to attack further out but if it takes away dmg it would be an interesting trade off, the bleed one makes me really happy (not that Im a huge bleed fan, I just like that there is a trade off :3 adds more depth to upgrade paths) Im sure someone will make a bleed dagger lmao no damage just all bleeeeeed
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:11 am

(Off topic, but need my. 2 cents . Ever since Dark souls 2. Has been announced, ive seen a down turn in member activity and a lot more negativity. A lot more childish behavior, and sadly it brings out the worst in everyone. I used to always feel welcome and fair. But lately a lot of people are petty and rude)

on topic. Dlc weapons scare me. I HATE the idea of dlc exclusive content as items. Add a new area with new items is not as bad. But if it is flat out dlc that adds items to your inventory, especially items that are in any way better or even just as good but offer them to you with no effort it still gives an edge to anyone who can buy them.

if these are just cosmetic dlc then imI'm all for it. Adding unique skins gives a game more flare and breaks monotony(sp)

but either way, i'lI be buying it.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:05 am

Tolvo wrote:Guys if you have a differing view just don't post in the thread, it's only for people with like minded opinions.  That much is evident, it isn't worth it to even try and present a different side here, just don't post.
    Forumsinanutshell.jpg

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 am

I don't see any rerason to lock this Thread either .
    Things have been pretty chill .

On Topic, It all depends on wether or not you can obtain the Weapons without the Pre-Order DLC thingie, other Pre-Order bonuses for Games like Assassins Creed for example were exclusive for the Pre-Order Version .
    However, i still think that it's just to make the Game a little easier by giving the Player these Weapons from the start, maybe they work like the gifts in Dark Souls1 and you have to choose one out of all of them ?

Last edited by Marino. on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing parts of the post for over sensitive people)
    δelta
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by δelta Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:17 am

Tolvo wrote:Guys if you have a differing view just don't post in the thread, it's only for people with like minded opinions.  That much is evident, it isn't worth it to even try and present a different side here, just don't post.
    Onion Knight wrote:Forumsinanutshell.jpg
    That's neogaf. While the Souls fanbase is one of the worst around in all of gaming, Soulswiki is actually better than most other places to discuss Souls games
    Spoiler:

Marino. wrote:It all depends on wether or not you can obtain the Weapons without the Pre-Order DLC thingie
    The answer to that question is YES, you can get those weapons in-game but like way later. It still will completely break low-level PvP and put preordered weapon users in the same category as twinked builds.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am

Tolvo wrote:Then you truly are blind Serious, and it really worries me in regards to what that means for the future of the forum.

EDIT:  Keep in mind Serious, in this thread you deemed it the truth to call me not a True Fan, because I didn't Pre-Order the game.  I've logged over 2,000 hours in Dark Souls, purchased Demon's Souls and played it for hundreds of hours.  I love both games, I've analyzed them, joined a community involving them, worked on a Wiki for Dark Souls, speculated about the Lore, and played with hundreds of people.

But no according to you I'm not a True Fan because I didn't Pre-Order.

So perhaps when you can start ignoring your personal bias and understand you have insulted me, that people have been insulting those that aren't happy about these Pre-Order bonuses, you'll realize this thread is a lot more volatile than it appears at first.  The crazy guy getting so emotional and angry is really just wanting the same respect you give each other.  I was being respectful, I did not get respect turn.  As such I stopped giving you and the others respect since you do not deserve it if you can not afford to show it to me either.

You are also being a massive hypocrite frankly, you hate Elitism so much unless it's the Elitism you like such as being a "True Fan."  Obviously you're the "True Fan" not me, so it makes my side instantly wrong.
    I think you need to take a step back, calm down and then join the discussion again. Noone has shown you a lack of respect, but having a different opinion does not mean they disregard yours, as you are suggesting- they simply believe differently to you.

I give everyone here respect because that is how I am, regardless of who they are. At no point do I stop treating everyone in that manner.

Also you twisting my words and attempting to slander me as a hypocrite is not helpful, and also not allowed. I ask you refrain from further personal comments in your future posts, please. Fex has already asked the thread once to refrain from it and I do not wish to see this thread proceed down tht road again.

If you wish to continue this, please PM me, but if not lease drop it. Derailing the thread with posts like that is not wise.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Thank you for again refusing to actually read my posts and just jump to conclusions. For the sake of others I will leave this thread so they may continue to discuss the Pre-Orders since we need a thread about it. Just know I'm not doing this because you asked me to Serious.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:20 pm

δelta wrote:
    Marino. wrote:It all depends on wether or not you can obtain the Weapons without the Pre-Order DLC thingie
    The answer to that question is YES, you can get those weapons in-game but like way later. It still will completely break low-level PvP and put preordered weapon users in the same category as twinked builds.
    Yeah, that could happen .
    However we still don't know how strong they are compared to what a normal player can get .
    For all we know they could be like the Drake Sword, strong at the begining of the game, hard to upgrade and abysmal later on .
    The description of the Dagger is worrying though.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:21 pm

δelta wrote:
    What is your source on being able to get these weapons without a pre-order?  As far as I've seen the only thing that could be leading you to that conclusion is the translated item descriptions. However from where I'm sitting the translations simply allow for speculation that these could be equivalent to getting a weapon that's been ascended to another upgrade path at the start of the game.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:35 pm

What if the weapons are just plain visual thingies and we can get the same weps ingame by upgrading? I mean, if you look at them they look modified to live by their upgrade path. Maybe we'll only get those visual weapons, idk.

And... regarding to some people doing some innocent offtopic and other ones scared about the post being derailed, i think that this topic is very sensitive, it touchs a specially controversial part of the gaming industry and touches the game we are all waiting for! (at least me) So its completely understandable that the nerves are in the air.
    However, lets be careful and remember that we know little about this preorder thing.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:40 pm

I hope these are just upgrade paths. If they are, it'll be a pretty interesting twist on what's possible. Changing length and weight could prove for some good set ups. I'm hoping for dual enhanced-length Zweihanders. big grin

Judging from what δelta said on the first page, "(shield description is same but says that it's better at slash defense)", I'm curious as to whether or not physical damage types will play a large role in the game. Such as when you had to use thrust weapons for world 2 in Demon's Souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am