Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Amazing new game called Miegakure.

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Amazing new game called Miegakure. Empty Amazing new game called Miegakure.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:15 am

http://marctenbosch.com/miegakure/

So has anyone heard about this yet?

It looks amazing, just.. a 4d platformer. The very idea is just mindblowing.

Talk and discuss this guaranteed masterpiece.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Amazing new game called Miegakure. Empty Re: Amazing new game called Miegakure.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:28 am

Looks like it's been in the works for a while. I'd relish the opportunity to play it, but who knows when that will be.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:40 am

Yeah but when it comes out.. It should be amazing.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Heh, I think it sounds great! It really seems interesting.

I, and I am sure many others, have a hard time visualizing beyond the third dimensions (Height, length and width), probably because it is all we have experience with. Except from a mathematical perspective, of course.

Amazing new game called Miegakure. 190px-Hypercube.svg
    A hypercube, or a tesseract, a four dimensional hypercube.

"The game medium makes the mathematical concept of a fourth dimension easier to understand by allowing to experience it first-hand, using trial and error, as opposed to being told about it. "

That is a very noble idea, to help spread knowledge of relatively abstract concepts such as higher mathematical dimensions.

Though, I will have to disagree with what Soul of Stray Demon said. Even though I think it can become a masterpiece, quite easily, they will have to execute this game in a very special way for it to work.

I personally can not wrap my head completely about the idea, so I myself am not to judge if it does not meet expectation.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:17 pm

I know, four dimensions is very hard to wrap your head around.. I can't even do it that good.

That's the point of the game, to teach it by having you work with the dimension, rather then just being told.

It may not be good, but if someone is able to understand the dimensions well enough to make something like this, I'm sure they will know how to make a good game, (or at the very least find someone who will know)
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:25 pm

There's always someone that will like your game, I suppose. I think it is a very ambitious idea, and if they execute it well I will be incredibly impressed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 am