Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Zeta Prime
shadowzninjaz
m-a-x-2
Qyntius
Icegodzilla
homelessguy
PyroElleh
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
tinypantha
Soul of Stray Demon
Aigaios
Hugh_G_Johnson
TheMeInTeam
Pilgrim34
xenon_nobelium
Marino.
Noob-of-Artorias
reim0027
Kirk-Barb
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
XuitusTheGreat
26 posters

All your Salt

XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

All your Salt Empty All your Salt

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 pm

I see a lot of "best pvp fight ever" threads and so on but what is the saltiest invasion you've had? or the saltiest experience you've had while playing Dark souls?

For me it was recently having a dude shoot crystal homing soul mass into my shield then turn around after they hit to cause dead angle damage and kill me. Afterwards he mocked me for not knowing "advanced techniques"....no that's a glitch and you are a cheater so thus /allmysalt
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

All your Salt Empty Re: All your Salt

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 pm

I got reported and a rather colourful message for breaking the poise on a flinjanipping dude in smoughs armour with a claymore, apparently smough's armour has unbreakable poise.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:56 pm

My numerous experiences with exploits and glitches. Disappoints me when people see them as "techniques" instead of what they are- game faults.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:00 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:I got reported and a rather colourful message for breaking the poise on a flinjanipping dude in smoughs armour with a claymore, apparently smough's armour has unbreakable poise.
    how dare you unfairly break a man's poise /shame lol

and yea Serious just bring up toggle escape as a glitch and watch people defend it but what ever gotta pick your fights
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Recently I finished my lvl 60 darkmoon and have been invading in the upper burg. Most of my invasions have been with lvl 50-ish... but from time to time I do invade a lvl 1.

As I entered, he spammed black flame in an attempt to kill me, but I had enough health to escape along the walkway. He followed me and got fire bombed. When he entered the room with the two hollow warriors, I again retreated along the walkway back to the spawn in point. He followed me and the hollows followed him. I blocked him on the walkway and as the fire bombs fell and the hollows attacked from behind, I cast wrath of god. It wasn't pretty, but I found it funny.

He sent: "I'm lvl 1 and you needed mobs and WOG nub."

I sent: "Black flame spam much nub - lol"

I then proceeded to invade him again. This time as I spawned in he just shrugged. I took the opportunity to cast vow of silence. I attacked. He attempted to cast with his glove. I two handed my longsword and slaughtered him with r1 during his "What The?" animation.

I sent: "No mobs, WOG, or black flame - lol

No response... winking
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Here's another one:

watching what appears to be a fight club in the burg, host and red fighting so I watch from the balcony, host pops a DB and I'm like "OH SNAP!" so slap hornet ring on and run down and BS him, the red he was fighting then pops a DB and precedes to attack me WITH the host..... all my salt was lost
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:23 pm

I rarely get hatemail, even while catbro-ing in the forest. Its too bad, really. Normally when I get hatemail, it is from some immature brat who feels cheated because I beat him, or feels a false sense of pride because he glitched me or ganked me.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 am

Defeated a 3v1 gank in the Kiln, the hosts were using DWGR, Giants armor, WoTG, the works.

I get a message from the host telling me to f**k off, and that I'm not better than him just because I stomped him and his buddies. I tell him that if his jimmies are rustled so badly that losing must be fairly common for him.

I invade again while he's trying to summon in help, curb stomp him and taunt.

I get a voice message, it was an incomprehensible mix of yelling and cursing that undoubtedly came from somebody who was 15 or 16 years old.

I replied with a simple, "U Mad?"

No response, I like to think he threw his controller and broke his TV.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:07 am

I ate pretzel sticks during one of my Souls session .

Sh!ts salty, man .
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:43 am

-pc ver. just came out and i proceeded to grind me a nifty dex pyro within 2days from release, great scythe and all that good stuff.
    -amongst my first encounters was a guy i dueled -> flawless victory, he didn't even touch me...
    -shortly afterwards i get accused of hacking because "he's a seasoned pvp pro and just knew that he hit me, i took no dmg, he even heard the hitting soundeffects"
    -_-
    -of course i tried to reason with him, but to no avail
    -made me more mad than it should have
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:44 am

I invaded in Sens with my level 35 dragonslayer greatbow character. The host had summoned two phantoms and they started making their way along the first walkway with the swinging pendulums.

I sniped one of the phantoms off the edge and the fall damage killed him. I managed to hit the second phantom off the edge just as he got to the end. The fall didn't kill him but he landed right next to a titanite demon which did the job.

I was standing on the second walkway above the first in the doorway where the serpent mage is. The host came at me but I blocked the door with my shield and kicked him backwards. He then got hit by the pendulum and fell to his death. Got some hatemail informing me that I was a noob and hacker because of my weapon. I didn't bother to respond.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:57 am

xenon_nobelium wrote:-pc ver. just came out and i proceeded to grind me a nifty dex pyro within 2days from release, great scythe and all that good stuff.
    -amongst my first encounters was a guy i dueled -> flawless victory, he didn't even touch me...
    -shortly afterwards i get accused of hacking because "he's a seasoned pvp pro and just knew that he hit me, i took no dmg, he even heard the hitting soundeffects"
    -_-
    -of course i tried to reason with him, but to no avail
    -made me more mad than it should have
    Found that quite a bit on PC. I got the reverse, invaded some guy, hit him quite a few times and nothing so i ran off and black crystal'd out of it, full sure he was hacking. I don't hatemail but did get a mail calling me a chicken for running, i just told him i wasn't interested in giving him free souls and humanity, we discussed and met up again. Same again, so he just stood and i'd hit but the damage registration was behind in time. PC lag is just weird, never seen the like on the consoles.

And my personal favourite salt from another fight. From a guy cosplaying kirk "Your build is unimaginative and boring", um like i give a toss. You're cosplaying so i should drop everything and play the way you want to play. That crap bugs the hell out of me.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:35 pm

I can't stand hackers and I have quite a bit of salt for people spamming blessings because they *probably* mule, which isn't fair to the few who just traded to get them in a legit fashion. Mule'd crystal weapons anger me also.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:46 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:Here's another one:

watching what appears to be a fight club in the burg, host and red fighting so I watch from the balcony, host pops a DB and I'm like "OH SNAP!" so slap hornet ring on and run down and BS him, the red he was fighting then pops a DB and precedes to attack me WITH the host..... all my salt was lost
    I find my saltiest fights are against people camping for 1v1s and FCs.  I BC whenever I run into an FC now.  Perhaps it's because I'm always blue I have a worse experience... but, I find a vast majority of the time FCs stop what there doing when I invade, hide and gank me in the cheapest way possible.  I hunt ganks all the time and I love it, but it's tough to fight more than one person in a wide open area with no mobs.  And it irritates me that the 'honor guys' just get on either side of me and wait for an opportunity to BS me.  I've had people get mad at me for breaking up their FC, even though I never saw any damage and the red hid and the host pretended he was going to duel me.  

In any situation, whenever someone I don't know bows I treat it as a signal of a dishonorable fight.  I used to bow back if it was safe to do so  But, there's no worse feeling then knowing you actually bowed to the biggest scumbag in the world who had just enough lag to land a BS or two that you saw coming but couldn't stop anyway.  So, I don't bow back anymore.  If the guy turns out not to be a scumbag, I bow after the fight. winking

AnCapaillMor wrote:Found that quite a bit on PC. I got the reverse, invaded some guy, hit him quite a few times and nothing so i ran off and black crystal'd out of it, full sure he was hacking. I don't hatemail but did get a mail calling me a chicken for running,  i just told him i wasn't interested in giving him free souls and humanity, we discussed and met up again. Same again, so he just stood and i'd hit but the damage registration was behind in time. PC lag is just weird, never seen the like on the consoles.
    I've seen damage pop up about 2 seconds late on PS3, though it's extremely rare.

I invaded a guy with a zweihänder and when I got close to him he spammed 2 or 3 R1s.  Nothing unusual there, except the R1s were quick vertical slashes.  I double-checked and it was still a zwei.  Just as I was wondering if maybe I didn't see him switch weapons another batch of R1 spam confirmed he had a katana move-set on a zwei.  I ran and BCed -- he sent a taunt and I explained I had no interest in even giving him a fight.  He wrote back; 'it's ok, I understand' and I wrote something like: 'did you just forgive me for your cheating???'.  He tried to deny it, but he admitted he had a zwei.  But, there's no confusing the zwei and katana move-sets... I even heard the katana sound effects.

TheMeInTeam wrote:I can't stand hackers and I have quite a bit of salt for people spamming blessings because they *probably* mule, which isn't fair to the few who just traded to get them in a legit fashion.  Mule'd crystal weapons anger me also.
    Just for clarity; Mega Mule has zero divine blessings.  Although I've seen people with multiple stacks of 99 DBs... and bizarrely; multiple estus flasks with 99 drinks!  It seems they reset to 20 though after you interact with them like the Thomas dupe in Demon's Souls started you with a few thousand and reset to 99 after you interacted with it.  But, that still leaves more than a hundred sips of estus -- ya know, so you can save your divine blessings. phbbbbt 
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Ah, I didn't realize. So 99 blessing = legit trade or true hacker big grin.

Crystal weapon issue still bothers me, though not tremendously.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Once I invaded a 3 man gank team in the forest, it would be really fun if the host didnt have modded armour. After around 20 minutes of running around the forest and having them heal all the damage that I did one of the phantomes fell off that little gap on the bridge where Alvina is, when he was trying to roll away from me.

I then killed the other phantom and started to BS fish the host since my normal attacks had almost no effect, with a final BS I thought he was dead so started to walk away but it turned out he still had some HP left and he shoot a CSS killing me.

Of course he then messaged me, explaining just what a giant noob I am... thumbs up
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Well obviously you deserved it.

I remember one time I was in the painted world, and we were up top, so I was trying to push the host off the edge, so he would fall and die. He fell, and survived with little health, and decided to do a taunt, (for some reason instead of healing) so I just fell with a plunging attack and we both died.

He messaged me with great hate.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:06 pm

I once sat in the woods with two other phantoms and wore the typical ganking gear (giants and father's) and when they got close me and my phantoms proceeded to kick them around literally. We spent hours with one guy trapped in alvina room in a corner. He eventually gave up and cut off his xbox then sent me rage messages...
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:39 pm

tinypantha wrote:I once sat in the woods with two other phantoms and wore the typical ganking gear (giants and father's) and when they got close me and my phantoms proceeded to kick them around literally. We spent hours with one guy trapped in alvina room in a corner. He eventually gave up and cut off his xbox then sent me rage messages...
    That is the most amazing idea.. would have better to use the thorn leggings with it though.. muahahahaha. Die a very slow death.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:50 pm

tinypantha wrote:I once sat in the woods with two other phantoms and wore the typical ganking gear (giants and father's) and when they got close me and my phantoms proceeded to kick them around literally. We spent hours with one guy trapped in alvina room in a corner. He eventually gave up and cut off his xbox then sent me rage messages...
    You deserved it. I would have pulled the plug and blocked you, if you were on PSN.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 pm

tinypantha wrote:*lame*
    Oh please, i once had two of my Friends summoned in the PW, there we trapped a DW in the Corner tricking him that we wanted to fight 1v1 .

When we got him where we wanted him I cast Twop with he Stone GS and my Phantoms started kicking him, eventually one of my Phantoms started to Dark Hand him sucking all Humanity of him.

He tried everything to get out of there, toggling, kicking, WoG nothing helped him but with me constantly casting Twop my Phantoms kicking and blocking him he was in for a wild ride .
    Eventually he messaged me :"I WANT TO GET OF MR BONES WILD RIDE" after which i killed him .

So, not that much salt actually, just fun lol.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Marino. wrote:Eventually he messaged me :"I WANT TO GET OF MR BONES WILD RIDE" after which i killed him .

So, not that much salt actually, just fun lol.
    Kinda sounds like this guy.

https://twitter.com/urdnotbonkers
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:51 am

Was invaded in Chasm of the Abyss, just before the narrow bridge thingy leading to Manus. Invader hid in humanity monsters, attempting to make me agro them and/or run into them. So I chucked a few fire orbs at him, and just paced around until he got bored. He ran out, I backstabbed him. He hid back in the humanity monsters to heal. Rinse and repeat. The circling went on for some time.

Eventually I led him onto the narrow bridge leading upward, where he could not dodge my fireballs. I hit him, he ran back down to heal. Sadly, I eventually died to bleed. :C But of course he was very proud of himself. Well What is it 

You know, I'm accustomed enough to being invaded and dying. And usually I actually find the trolls kind of funny, especially when they use cunning tactics. But this wasn't particularly cunning. Or funny. Boring mostly. I am disappoint. /salt
    homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by homelessguy Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:53 am

so many option to pick but I would have 2 say my most salted fight would have to be when I was in undead parish must have been lv11 so I was clearing the zone with a summon and I got invaded.

the invader had a great lord great sword and full paladin gear (somehow he was ninja flipping).My summon got 1 shot killed and I ran away to summon the sunbro and Lautrec they both died in about 3 hits and invader used divine blessing to heal.

so with only me left I ran to the part of the bridge u can fall off near the balder knight. parried and kicked him off the bridge. 2 minutes later I got message saying I a hacking *** who cant 1v1

I then sent him a message back about his divine blessing's and his gear. he then sent me a message about how I just a noob and that I cant speak to him as he is a pro you tuber with half a million subs. I then went orly and asked what his YouTube name is. I am yet to get a message back
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:36 pm

god dam noobs always killing me when i got my paladin gear and great lord sword. Those dam hacking noobs herp derp.

I hate those kinds of people soooooooo much, bad enough your doing a hole moves but then you cry like a ***** after dying, thats just sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am