enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Share
    avatar
    Uberkafros

    Posts : 2
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-20
    Location : Greece

    enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Uberkafros on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:45 pm

    Hello DS wiki.I'm coming back to ds for some warming up before ds2 and ill be rolling a faith mage build with
    40 vit
    19-23 att
    23 end
    16 str > MLGS
    12~ dex
    50 int > unlocked WDB
    28 FAI


    My question is is Velka's rapier worth the extra points on dex stat wise or stick with 12 dex and use enchanted rapier/estoc ?
    Does the occult bonus making the better rapier?
    Note that the rapier type weapon will be used purely for bs / reposting (once i get the hang of it )

    first post <3
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Leet on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:00 pm

    The only thing that would bug me is the 23 end. But with the bare stats you listed with a cleric you would end up at SL113. Imo, 50 int is worthless. I don't feel it's worth leveling it up that high for 1 spell. Especially when that spell isn't very effective (against experienced players)

    I would do something like this.

    http://mmdks.com/4cph

    Obviously you can tweak to your liking.

    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:02 pm

    Uberkafros wrote:Hello DS wiki.I'm coming back to ds for some warming up before ds2 and ill be rolling a faith mage build with
    40 vit
    19-23 att
    23 end
    16 str > MLGS
    12~ dex
    50 int > unlocked WDB
    28 FAI


    My question is is Velka's rapier worth the extra points on dex stat wise or stick with 12 dex and use enchanted rapier/estoc ?
    Does the occult bonus making the better rapier?
    Note that the rapier type weapon will be used purely for bs / reposting (once i get the hang of it )


    No, Not really, once you have 50 int, at your stats, the Enchanted Rapier has a higher combined AR, and although it does less magic damage, when you're dealing with such small numbers, the increasing returns on damage.. just don't matter at all.

    And if you use an Estoc, it quite easily would beat out Velka's for damage.

    And the occult bonus only affects certain enemies (of which are quite rare actually)

    If you were to use it on them, then yeah, it would deal a little more damage, but it's not worth it.
    first post <3

    avatar
    Uberkafros

    Posts : 2
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-20
    Location : Greece

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Uberkafros on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:10 pm

    The end actually is 30 not 23 my mistake.My only reason for going 50 int is to use whtie dragon breath unlocked which is quite interesting and out of ordinary.

    The big quistion is to stay @ 12 dex for enchanted rapier/estoc or go 16 for Velka's .Is it worth the 4 point investment?
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Rynn on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:32 pm

    Uberkafros wrote:The end actually is 30 not 23 my mistake.My only reason for going 50 int is to use whtie dragon breath unlocked which is quite interesting and out of ordinary.

    The big quistion is to stay @ 12 dex for enchanted rapier/estoc or go 16 for Velka's .Is it worth the 4 point investment?
    Unlocked White Dragons Breath is very effective once you get it down <3

    It's quite worth the investment. Velka's does more damage per hit due to the higher distribution in magic damage, and it's also quite a bit longer than the rapier. I'd suggest actually keeping a normal rapier for using CMW on too.
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:06 pm

    Actually, considering how it is... The Estoc is still probably a better choice then Velka's.

    It's easy to get, it's strong, and it has a better R2, then Velka's. The damage difference is quite negligible.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Rynn on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:34 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Actually, considering how it is... The Estoc is still probably a better choice then Velka's.

    It's easy to get, it's strong, and it has a better R2, then Velka's. The damage difference is quite negligible.
    The R2 is a matter of preference, I find Velka's R2 better personally, however it's of note that Velka's has a faster attack speed than the estoc.
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Leet on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:11 pm

    I love Velka's rapier. But i don't remember the last time i was hit by WDB. Over a year and a half at least.

    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:37 pm

    I like the Velka's too. It's crit is surprisingly high with the proper stats.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

    Sponsored content

    Re: enc rapier vs velka's on faith mage

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 am