Unknown Character Stories

Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Unknown Character Stories

Post by Encore on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:19 pm

I decided that there's a lot of character, corpses and pieces of equipment without story. I decided to make up some of them.

This is not based on facts, and if anything contradicts any of the current community consensus I apologize.

Now, the first story is about one the least appreciated characters in the game.

Elmard:
    The world always seemed large to Elmard, whether it was finding food or or just walking around in the general area around the house he lived in it was always a journey for him, it was always a challenge to overcome. He had always had a tough time when living everyday life, since food wasn't easy for him to get hold of.

His mother fed him when he was really young, and while he had for short time share with his siblings. Perhaps in a streak of horrible, sad luck, all, but the him, his sister and his mother was killed when he was too young to remember.

They lived hidden under the floors of families around the world, rarely moving , and when their mother eventually passed out they were devastated. The only one that knew how to survive were gone, and they had to leave, starting to wander the world. Time passed and they noticed changes, cities started to feel deserted, food were starting to be easier to find, and their standard of living was generally improved, yet at the cost of humanity.

They arrived, after wandering for many years, into the land of Lordran, the home of the four lords and magnificent beasts. Yet whatever had hit the rest of the world had hit Lordran with the same force, and wandering undead were everywhere.

They had lived lived a glorious life up until that point, but now everything were different, they had to dodge death at every corner, and on one faithful day his sister were killed. Elmard, in a moment of flashing insanity, bit down on her throat, and ate her. He felt strange, his eyes twitching and he felt the sanity he had yearned slipping away.

He no longer had the support of a sibling, and had to find food himself. He resorted to feast on the flesh of the dead, and moved towards the depths of the undead burg in his insane feast of blood and gore

After many weeks he found something, a spark of hope. The insanity he experienced were not his alone, and he found acceptance in a group of people like him.

He lived with them, their insanity spreading disease and death all around wherever they walked, and their body warped into a large half-dying, half-living mess of flesh and sickness.

The day he met his demise he was walking with his group of insane brethren, and met one of the most feared being, an undead. He braced himself for battle, and after seeing his brothers fall in battle he decided to throw all he had towards the undead, but was slayed in a moment of weakness.

The blood-stained sword hit his body, and the cold steel gave him peace in the last moment of his life. He was going to be reunited with his sister.

Thus ends the story of the the sewer dwelling rat, Elmard the insane.

Now, that wasn't completely serious, as I intend to make it all more interesting and make stories for the characters we do not have, but it was a taste of what I intend to do.

If anyone has any ideas or requests, post them, or write one yourself. If you want it added to the opening post, PM or mention in the post.

Song of Myself
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Re: Unknown Character Stories

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Encore wrote:I decided that there's a lot of character, corpses and pieces of equipment without story. I decided to make up some of them.

This is not based on facts, and if anything contradicts any of the current community consensus I apologize.

Now, the first story is about one the least appreciated characters in the game.

Elmard:
    The world always seemed large to Elmard, whether it was finding food or or just walking around in the general area around the house he lived in it was always a journey for him, it was always a challenge to overcome. He had always had a tough time when living everyday life, since food wasn't easy for him to get hold of.

His mother fed him when he was really young, and while he had for short time share with his siblings. Perhaps in a streak of horrible, sad luck, all, but the him, his sister and his mother was killed when he was too young to remember.

They lived hidden under the floors of families around the world, rarely moving , and when their mother eventually passed out they were devastated. The only one that knew how to survive were gone, and they had to leave, starting to wander the world. Time passed and they noticed changes, cities started to feel deserted, food were starting to be easier to find, and their standard of living was generally improved, yet at the cost of humanity.

They arrived, after wandering for many years, into the land of Lordran, the home of the four lords and magnificent beasts. Yet whatever had hit the rest of the world had hit Lordran with the same force, and wandering undead were everywhere.

They had lived lived a glorious life up until that point, but now everything were different, they had to dodge death at every corner, and on one faithful day his sister were killed. Elmard, in a moment of flashing insanity, bit down on her throat, and ate her. He felt strange, his eyes twitching and he felt the sanity he had yearned slipping away.

He no longer had the support of a sibling, and had to find food himself. He resorted to feast on the flesh of the dead, and moved towards the depths of the undead burg in his insane feast of blood and gore

After many weeks he found something, a spark of hope. The insanity he experienced were not his alone, and he found acceptance in a group of people like him.

He lived with them, their insanity spreading disease and death all around wherever they walked, and their body warped into a large half-dying, half-living mess of flesh and sickness.

The day he met his demise he was walking with his group of insane brethren, and met one of the most feared being, an undead. He braced himself for battle, and after seeing his brothers fall in battle he decided to throw all he had towards the undead, but was slayed in a moment of weakness.

The blood-stained sword hit his body, and the cold steel gave him peace in the last moment of his life. He was going to be reunited with his sister.

Thus ends the story of the the sewer dwelling rat, Elmard the insane.

Now, that wasn't completely serious, as I intend to make it all more interesting and make stories for the characters we do not have, but it was a taste of what I intend to do.

If anyone has any ideas or requests, post them, or write one yourself. If you want it added to the opening post, PM or mention in the post.
    Clap Clap Clap Clap..

I love it.. Great idea.

And the surprise at the end of the first story.

Thanks for using that rat idea.

GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Wonderful idea Encore. I'll have to start a story about 'The Wanderer' OR the person that we loot the wanderer set off of.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Nice story, Enc!

I'll see if I can come up with one of my own later silly

[21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:37 pm

That was pretty cool. I might think of some when i got more time.

Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:31 am

Well, he's not quite unknown, but we don't know a lot about him. So, without further fanfare, here is the tale of one of Dark Souls greatest heroes.

Spoiler:

A moment was all it took. One second I was the last man, the last hero standing between a beast and the small village it had set its gaze upon. The next, there was merely searing agony as its fangs ran me through. I still remember the horrible sensation of feeling the last drops of life drain from my corpse.

I remember waking up more. It was five days before they heard me. Five days of screaming and tearing at my prison as though I had become one of the beasts I had sworn to purge.

It was another three before they finally dug me up. After having dozens of talismans waved before me and an uncountable number of rituals, I was finally granted an audience with the Archbishop and, from there, the Allfather himself. And after having an impossible amount of divine power coursed through my being, enough to fry even the strongest of evil spirits yet only resulting in barely endurable agony for me, they finally believed that I was no impostor. I had prayed that Lord Lloyd would cleanse my curse like Lord Gwyn had millennia ago.

My prayers went unanswered. Lord Gwyn had never shared what he and the other Great Lords had discovered when they parleyed that last time. The other gods were never told why the dead started to walk and the warm days turned to frigid nights. They were never told how Lord Gwyn solved the crisis after Lady Izalith’s domain burned around her in failure. All the stories we were told growing up of great evil striking down one of the three Great Lords only for Gwyn, greatest of them all, to smite it in return were false.

I received what I thought was my greatest blessing; the right to carry the legendary Grant of the Allfather, and the melodic Sanctus of the Lords. With them by my side as proof of the rightesousness of my mission, I was sent away, to seek the only one who might know what disaster befalls us once again.

The journey to the Land of the Gods was long, but I marched as quickly as I could, feeling the days get longer and colder. With no steeds willing to let me near, it took months to reach Lordran, and even then the gods were already being evacuated from their Holy City in the wake of the walking corpses that resembled me. As much as I yearned to leap to their defense, I knew that my mission was too vital to ignore.

And so I marched into the cold, dark earth. Feeling the once sacred halls being tainted as I wandered through the sprawling caverns. At long last, I found one of the legendary high priests of Nito – creating grotesque mockeries of life. I was wary, but when it tried to slay me, I fought back and drove it away. My worry driven to new heights, I pressed deeper into the ancient tombs. I ran out of torches after the first few nights, and after that I was left only with a hideous lantern crafted from a human skull that I picked up from the withered husk of what must have once been one of Lord Nito’s clerics. With this, faint lights led me, at long last, to the hallowed barrier said to have been erected by Lord Gwyn to seal away Lost Izalith and protect the last lord. Without the holy Sanctus, I would have been at a standstill, but the barrier recognized it’s kin.

And there, I witnessed the other “high priests” of Nito gorging themselves on the humanity filtering through the Pools of Oblivion. I heard the tortured howls of souls as they were sucked into those unfeeling maws. And I angered; in a burst of rage, I unleashed the might power of Sanctus and Grant, tearing at and driving away the fallen priests. The once mighty Grant and the now whispering Sanctus sat in my hands; their lifelike power nearly completely drained away. Yet I knew that they could be restored, in time, if only my mission could be completed and they could be brought back to the Allfather’s temple.

But that day never came. The Lord of Death was still. He had no answers to our plight. Our prayers were to go unanswered. Yet within him, far dimmer than expected, I could sense the legendary Lord Soul flickering. In a panic, I resolved to strengthen the once great lord.

And so, I stalk the caverns, seeking the wandering souls who in turn seek salvation, knowing that I have become one of the monsters I once swore to destroy. Sanctus has faded; it no longer even whispers to me. Yet I know that my cause, though monstrous is just. With each soul I present to The Gravelord, his Lord Soul is kindled ever more. If I can just find a few more strong souls, he will surely be strong enough to end this horrible curse.

I refuse to believe otherwise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:11 am