Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

New londo ....HELP!!!!

GamingTrench

New londo ....HELP!!!! Empty New londo ....HELP!!!!

Post by GamingTrench Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:04 pm

i cant send private messages yet but I just got dark souls and am stuck on a place called new londo...some help would be greatly appreciated my gamertag is............Just Stop I Win....thanks guys
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

New londo ....HELP!!!! Empty Re: New londo ....HELP!!!!

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:15 pm

GamingTrench wrote:i cant send private messages yet but I just got dark souls and am stuck on a place called new londo...some help would be greatly appreciated my gamertag is............Just Stop I Win....thanks guys
    One question for you. In what way are you stuck? Can you not hit the ghosts? Have you even gotten the lordvessel yet?

It would be very useful if you also gave what level you are at, (for summoning purposes), and because you said gamertag, I assume Xbox, but not everyone may notice that.

If you want good help, you might want to post more details about the problem you are having. It's very difficult (if not impossible) to help much with the details given at this point.

Edit, We actually have a page on New Londo, I believe.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Londo+Ruins

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm assuming you are on the Xbox 360 since you used the word gamertag. What Soul Level are you? Can you give more details towards how you are stuck in New Londo?

Edit: Ninja'd.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Summary of New Londo: The area has two places. An upper and lower area. The lower area is flooded when you first go there so you only have the upper parts to travel.

The upper area has ghost that can be deadly in low sl levels and n large numbers, they are immune to all damage unless you are cursed or use a transient curse (item) or wield one of their weapons. There is a man there who when either A: you kill or B: get the lordvessel Will give you a key to drain New Londo for the lower area.

The lower area will hold the darkwraiths, very strong knights that hit hard and can steal one humanity from your HUD. Lucky you can get Large titiante shards, their dark hand (will let you steal humanity if on right hand, shield on left hand) and the rare slab. Here you will have to go to fight and kill the Four Kings and can also join the darkwraiths who are the red invasion phantoms in the games PvP. However to even FIGHT the Four Kings you need to get the Covenant of Artorias ring by killing the giant wolf SIF in the Darkroot forest.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Summary of New Londo: The area has two places. An upper and lower area. The lower area is flooded when you first go there so you only have the upper parts to travel.

The upper area has ghosts that can be deadly in low sl levels and in large numbers, they are immune to all damage unless you are cursed or use a transient curse (item). There is a man there who when either A: you kill or B: get the lordvessel, will give you a key to drain New Londo for the lower area.

The lower area will hold the darkwraiths, very strong knights that hit hard and can steal one humanity from your HUD. Lucky you can get titanite chunks and slabs, their dark hand (will let you steal humanity if on right hand, shield on left hand).

Here you can go fight and kill the Four Kings. However to even FIGHT the Four Kings (You can enter the fog but you will die upon dropping down) you need to obtain the Covenant of Artorias ring by killing the giant wolf Sif in the Darkroot forest. There's a big door on the way to the Moonlight Butterfly area.
    Cleaned it up some and took out a few small details that could just be confusing to a new player and explained some others more in depth. Ok, with you? Oh, and one rep for an attempted explanation of New Londo.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Well it was rushed since I am leaving soon so thank you soul. Though I have to say I highly advise against going there as a human until you have drained the city and I suggest having at the least +3 etsus flasks by giving a firekeeper soul to one of three firekeepers in the game (One being the girl behind the bars in Firelink shrine). One of these is in New Londo to the left of the wooden bridge when you enter on a...I think broken tower with a small walkway. Beware it is a trap that holds three ghosts so be ready.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Well it was rushed since I am leaving soon so thank you soul. Though I have to say I highly advise against going there as a human until you have drained the city and I suggest having at the least +3 etsus flasks by giving a firekeeper soul to one of three firekeepers in the game (One being the girl behind the bars in Firelink shrine). One of these is in New Londo to the left of the wooden bridge when you enter on a...I think broken tower with a small walkway. Beware it is a trap that holds three ghosts so be ready.
    Ok, I'm gonna phrase this and expand it out better too as well.

There isn't a reason to be human in New Londo until you lower the water level. You can't see any summon signs or be invaded anyway until it's lowered.

Also if you're going to go in, it's a good idea to have an upgraded Estus Flask. There's one in New Londo, right near the first ghost, but you have to walk across a walkway that has several ghosts hiding underneath it. They can be quite difficult to deal with for beginners, so you might want to instead just equip a 100% block shield, and use a spear, (They are so closely grouped you can normally hit two at a time at least.) Remember to use the Transient Curses though, or you can't even hit them.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Guess that makes sense to do since I have been running by memory of the place. Still I think that is the majority of New Londo without going into details on item locations and such. However I will say this about the Four Kings fight: You have to wear the ring of Artorias for the ENTIRE fight or else you will die automatically, this also applies to the phantoms as well. Only after you kill them can you take it off.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Summary of New Londo: The area has two places. An upper and lower area. The lower area is flooded when you first go there so you only have the upper parts to travel.

The upper area has ghosts that can be deadly in low sl levels and in large numbers, they are immune to all damage unless you are cursed or use a transient curse (item). There is a man there who when either A: you kill or B: get the lordvessel, will give you a key to drain New Londo for the lower area.

The lower area will hold the darkwraiths, very strong knights that hit hard and can steal one humanity from your HUD. Lucky you can get titanite chunks and slabs, their dark hand (will let you steal humanity if on right hand, shield on left hand).

Here you can go fight and kill the Four Kings. However to even FIGHT the Four Kings (You can enter the fog but you will die upon dropping down) you need to obtain the Covenant of Artorias ring by killing the giant wolf Sif in the Darkroot forest. There's a big door on the way to the Moonlight Butterfly area. When fighting the Four Kings you have to wear the ring of Artorias for the ENTIRE fight or else you will die automatically, this also applies to the phantoms as well.

There isn't a reason to be human in New Londo until you lower the water level. You can't see any summon signs or be invaded anyway until it's lowered.

Also if you're going to go in, it's a good idea to have an upgraded Estus Flask. There's one in New Londo, right near the first ghost, but you have to walk across a walkway that has several ghosts hiding underneath it. They can be quite difficult to deal with for beginners, so you might want to instead just equip a 100% block shield, and use a spear, (They are so closely grouped you can normally hit two at a time at least.) Remember to use the Transient Curses though, or you can't even hit them.

All helpful posts put together for sake of ease.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:10 pm

That deserves an up-rep Soul. Well there is your words of advice and have fun, in the Dark Souls way, and good luck with the place and remember: time and practice make the player.
    GamingTrench

Post by GamingTrench Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:55 pm

ok heres my problem im in new londo i just drained all the water from the town but when i go to the lower levels I run into darkwraiths which I cannot manage to handle them. that enemy has killed me over and over again ive lost count and im level 43 at the moment
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:59 pm

GamingTrench wrote:ok heres my problem im in new londo i just drained all the water from the town but when i go to the lower levels I run into darkwraiths which I cannot manage to handle them. that enemy has killed me over and over again ive lost count and im level 43 at the moment
    Ok, a good tactic for them is to keep your guard up and just block all their swings, and wait for them to do their grab attack. It has very horrible tracking, so you can just circle around and backstab them. If they gang up on you, then just start approaching slower so you only trigger one at a time.
    GamingTrench

Post by GamingTrench Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:01 pm

ok ill try it
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:04 pm

GamingTrench wrote:ok ill try it
    Oh, and don't be afraid to come back to this forum. It's not just for getting Dark Souls help. We talk a lot about different mechanics or theories, and we even have a fun off-topic section as well.
    GamingTrench

Post by GamingTrench Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:15 pm

thanks for the advice i didnt even think about that it worked finally!!!! and i wont.. ill be back seems like a friendly online community
    GamingTrench

Post by GamingTrench Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:16 pm

oh and is that white wall the four kings
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:17 pm

GamingTrench wrote:oh and is that white wall the four kings
    Yes it is. Don't enter it unless you have the Covenant of Artorias.
    GamingTrench

Post by GamingTrench Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:19 pm

oh ok i have the ring.. wish me luck
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

GamingTrench wrote:oh ok i have the ring.. wish me luck
    Oh, and because your new here. You can click thanks under the post of whoever you feel helped you the most. (I normally wouldn't ask for this, buut, I kinda want to pass up this other poster) happy And you can only do one thanks... so don't use it wrong.

Good Luck. This is mainly a Damage Per Second fight, take too long, and more Kings will spawn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am