Random facts, you say?

    Share
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:02 pm

    Hatsune Miku wrote:In case some of you didn't know.
    I prefer small melons over big melons. I'm talking about boobies. Small breasts are WIN!
    Actually this is a fun fact. It's truth, not a joke meant to be taken lightly.

    Unless I'm looking at this thread wrong.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:06 pm

    It's not a fact though.. It an opinion, and no less an opinion on the sexual assets of the opposite sex.. Yeah, that doesn't belong in this thread


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:10 pm

    Neanderthals had larger brains than modern man.

    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:11 pm

    Oh well. I guess I'll have to find something else that is fact.

    Like Geiko could save you 50 percent or more on your car insurance. ? ? ?


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:12 pm

    Hatsune Miku wrote:Oh well. I guess I'll have to find something else that is fact.

    Like Geiko could save you 50 percent or more on your car insurance. ? ? ?
    lol. You didn't even get it right.

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 pm

    Hatsune Miku wrote:Oh well. I guess I'll have to find something else that is fact.

    Like Geiko could save you 50 percent or more on your car insurance. ? ? ?
    *Geico, *15%

    The smile on Goldfish crackers are a manufacturing error.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 481
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-08-01
    Age : 22
    Location : Canada

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by tigab95 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Hatsune Miku wrote:Oh well. I guess I'll have to find something else that is fact.

    Like Geiko could save you 50 percent or more on your car insurance. ? ? ?
    *Geico, *15%

    The smile on Goldfish crackers are a manufacturing error.

    My life is a lie sad


    _________________
    XBOX GamerTag : tigab95 


    if anyone want to Coop Praise the Sun or PVP   Duel
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by reim0027 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 pm

    The Stegosaurus had a really large canal in the hip region of his spinal cord that may have housed a second brain.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by WaffleGuy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 pm

    reim0027 wrote:The Stegosaurus had a really large canal in the hip region of his spinal cord that may have housed a second brain.
    WHAT. THE. FLIPPERDOODLE.

    My world might be crumbling down.


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:42 am

    95% of facts aren't true


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 491
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Location : The T.A.R.D.I.S.

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by lonewolf on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:50 am

    masturbation cures hickups.
    hey you asked for random dont blame me.


    _________________
    XBL: lone wolf 986
    Ask and you shal know.
    avatar
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1282
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2013-02-11
    Location : Shayol Ghul

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by AnCapaillMor on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:28 am

    There's another thing that's guranteed to cure them. Not saying it here but look up QI hiccups.


    _________________
    PSN: AnCapaillMor

    PC:AnCapaillMor

    XBOX: I'll give you 2 guesses
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 am

    Dibsville wrote:
    Hatsune Miku wrote:Oh well. I guess I'll have to find something else that is fact.

    Like Geiko could save you 50 percent or more on your car insurance. ? ? ?
    *Geico, *15%
    Thanks for the correction.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 445
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Location : Nowhere you've heard of.

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Shakie666 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Neanderthals had larger brains than modern man.
    Neanderthals were bigger then homo sapiens, meaning proportionally their brains were still smaller than ours (though only by a few percent. They were still more intelligent than we give them credit for).

    Also reim the stegosaurus' second brain was really just a bundle of nerves. Though it was responsible for controlling the tail movements so I guess it could be considered a separate brain.

    The oldest living thing on Earth today (discounting bacteria) is a quaking aspen tree called Pando, which can be found in Utah. Its estimated to be around 80,000 years old. What makes the tree so unique is that it has multiple trunks, that are all connected to a single root system. Each trunk only lasts about 100 years, but new ones are growing all the time, each with identical DNA and all part of the same organism. (I've seen Pando myself. Its quite funny really, on the surface it looks just like a forest of ordinary trees. You can't tell that they're all part of a single megatree).

    Incidentally, forest fires are good for Pando, since the central root system is too far underground to be killed, while the fire kills off the competing conifers.
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by WaffleGuy on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:22 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Neanderthals had larger brains than modern man.
    A larger brain also does not mean it's more benifitial.
    Our cells are programmed to die. In our body, cells are constantly replaced by other cells. In a way, we throw the things we don't need away.
    f.e. a fetus has little stomps instead of hands. Time after time, the layers of cells change until it finally forms a little hand with fingers. The same thing happens in our brains.
    Lots of people with autism have a larger brain than the average person. This is not benifitial to them because they have troubles 'selecting' signals. They experience everything at once, which is very confusing for them.

    ^ This is a dumbed down definition btw. I can go into detail, but I don't want to bore you all xP

    (Just giving the info, not accusing you of saying Neanderthals are smarter than us or something like that silly)


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:26 am

    Neanderthals were larger than us today?

    It's kinda weird though considering that over the last 500-1000 years the average height of a person has increased by quite a significant margin... But I don't pretend to understand evolution past it's most basic principles silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by reim0027 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 pm

    Every three days a human stomach gets a new lining. Sounds like it should be painful.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:17 pm

    WaffleGuy wrote:(Just giving the info, not accusing you of saying Neanderthals are smarter than us or something like that silly)
    No, I didn't mean to suggest that in case anyone thought I did.silly 

    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm

    WaffleGuy wrote:
    (Just giving the info, not accusing you of saying Neanderthals are smarter than us or something like that silly)

    Considering how some people are... I'm sure there's Neanderthals smarter then them.

    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by WaffleGuy on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    WaffleGuy wrote:
    (Just giving the info, not accusing you of saying Neanderthals are smarter than us or something like that silly)
    Considering how some people are... I'm sure there's Neanderthals smarter then them.
    Auwtch.


    But on topic, the red coloring in candy has a good probability of being made from parts of certain bugs. Yup.


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:14 pm

    A poinsettia is actually a tree, not a flower.

    Turtles, can actually breath their butts.

    Men can be allergic to their own semen.

    The dot over the lowercase i and j is called a tittle.

    The Eiffel tower is on average, six inches (15 cm) taller in the summer then in the winter.

    In 1938, Time Magazine's Man of the Year was Adolf Hitler. In 1939, it was Joseph Stalin.

    A ribbon worm will eat themselves if they cannot find food. They can still survive after eating up to 95% of their body weight.

    avatar
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 445
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Location : Nowhere you've heard of.

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Shakie666 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:26 pm

    WaffleGuy wrote:But on topic, the red coloring in candy has a good probability of being made from parts of certain bugs. Yup.
    Do you mean carmine? Yeah, thats made from cochineal beetles (knowing that might discourage people from eating it, but that's probably a good thing).

    Elephants only have 4 teeth, but they are replaced 6 times. When the last lot falls out the elephants starves (unless its lucky enough to live in a zoo).

    Also, some african elephants eat the volcanic rocks from around Mount Kilimanjaro. The rocks contain minerals that keep the elephants healthy.
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:04 pm



    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Men can be allergic to their own semen.
    And I guess women can be allergic to their own eggs.
    How is this possible?


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by reim0027 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:43 am

    Some of the most expensive coffee in the world comes from monkey feces.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:04 am

    reim0027 wrote:Some of the most expensive coffee in the world comes from monkey feces.
    I already knew that.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Random facts, you say?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm