Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Sneezer
reim0027
TheMeInTeam
Shakie666
Serious_Much
Leet
Marino.
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Soul of Stray Demon
15 posters

An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.  Empty An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:05 pm

I really like this guys opinion on topics such as Morality and such in PvP. Like, don't send threatening hate mail. 

So, anyone else want to comment on this?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.  Empty Re: An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm not watching the video; i'm just commentating. Morality is a two way street, if my opponents treat me like another player, I will do the same. If they didn't cheat, I will keep my gripes over their actions to myself, and they should stay there. We need to all remember we're relaxing though, and not intentionally go out of our way to destroy an opponents experience. That means don't grief, or hack, but don't be afraid to defeat your opponent in a competitive game.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.  Empty Re: An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Foxeo blocked me from his channel. That, in and of itself, tells my opinion on the matter.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Wait, you mean he explicitely blocked -you-?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes, he sent me a PM explaining his reasons for it and everything.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:22 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Yes, he sent me a PM explaining his reasons for it and everything.
    And? Did you do something bad?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:27 pm

I just called him a hypocrite and told him that he angles to create situations that fit his PvP philosophy. I used cuss words, true, but it's YT so so does everyone.

He called me a troll and told me that if I don't clean up my act that I will be put in with the worst of the worst YT has to offer.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Still got that PM?
    And no, everyone does not use cuss words. I hold my arguments out without needing to do that, you should too.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Yeah. Do you want me to PM it to you or should I just spoiler tag it here?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:36 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Yeah. Do you want me to PM it to you or should I just spoiler tag it here?
    Spoiler tag. Spoiler Tag.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:37 pm

I've watched Foxeo's videos since he first started doing commentary on Dark Souls, and he's still one of my favorite commentators. Even though I disagree with a lot of the stuff he says, I can understand every point he makes - and there is normally good reason for each one.

That being said, I still believe there is a lot left to be desired on the way he handles things on his channel. I do not like the way he reacts to people bad mouthing his channel (even though he normally responds with a well-thought out argument in my opinion), sometimes I believe he blocks too many people from his channel for the wrong reasons, and he speaks a lot about hypocrites yet he sometimes goes back on his word in later videos when he says something.

I'm not trying to flame the guy or anything, but I doubt Pendant was blocked from his channel for good reason.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Yeah. Do you want me to PM it to you or should I just spoiler tag it here?
    Spoiler tag. Spoiler Tag.
    Ok, but it's really nowhere near as exciting as you might think.

Spoiler:
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:46 pm

I dislike most of the Dark Souls commentators because they want to bring their "superior" "moral" into the Game .
    It's an instant kill for my fun .
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:48 pm

Haha. Well okay then.
    He sure thinks mightily of himself if he thinks he can group people like that.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Any uploader i have came into contact with, held themselves above "non-uploaders." I have had a few instances with uploaders blowing up on me because i didn't quite agree with what they said and i let them know, which is what then comment section is for, no? 

I ultimately have stopped watching their videos, besides Dark Project Mayhem. One of the funniest things is if you're gonna talk about tryhards, don't be a tryhard yourself. 

But, this isn't a thread to flame uploaders. They just need to realize the viewers is what keep them moving. If you want a bunch of mindless casuls saying 'eYz LykE uR Cha0S bLaDEZ bR0" then more power to you. 

Last edited by TooLeet on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:37 pm

TooLeet wrote:Uploaders do hold themselves above "non-uploaders."
    Some uploaders.
    I've never liked sweeping statements like that.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Rynn wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:Uploaders do hold themselves above "non-uploaders."
    Some uploaders.
    I've never liked sweeping statements like that.
    Lol. I edited it just for you.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:26 pm

<3
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Rynn wrote:<3
    Praise the Sun
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:34 pm

I just don't think being humble in your opinions is something that goes with being what they probably see as being a pillar of the dark souls community as an uploader.

I saw another video of his when he was talking about divine blessings, then near the end pops one himself. That video gave me all I needed to know what he's like
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I just don't think being humble in your opinions is something that goes with being what they probably see as being a pillar of the dark souls community as an uploader.

I saw another video of his when he was talking about divine blessings, then near the end pops one himself. That video gave me all I needed to know what he's like
    Wait, did he seriously like go into a video about how divine blessings are bad, and then use them while making the video?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I just don't think being humble in your opinions is something that goes with being what they probably see as being a pillar of the dark souls community as an uploader.

Wait, did he seriously like go into a video about how divine blessings are bad, and then use them while making the video?
    Yep, he normally says something like, "I don't mind if you use hacked/glitched Divine Blessings as long as you use them after your opponent uses them."

Once again, not hating on the guy. I like his commentary, but some things are iffy.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Rynn wrote:

Maybe it was to prove a point. If you want to say something's bad, you should use it to make sure.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:01 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

Yep, he normally says something like, "I don't mind if you use hacked/glitched Divine Blessings as long as you use them after your opponent uses them."

Once again, not hating on the guy. I like his commentary, but some things are iffy.
    Eh. My opinion on divine blessings is there is inherently nothing wrong with them, the issue is that due to certain exploits they are very easy to exploit. I personally take the stance that if you're going to use them, you should make sure your opponent both has them, and wishes to use them. Than we can go have some Demon Souls type combat and really go wild.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Rynn wrote:

Yup. There was a thread not too long ago about it. I believe Serious actually posted it himself? But yeah. "Divine blessings blah blah blah, hacking blah blah blah (pops divine blessing) blah blah blah"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am