Weird equip burden property?

Phenetylaminos

Weird equip burden property?

Post by Phenetylaminos on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:21 pm

Hello all, I'm pretty new to the forum, not sure if this is the right place for this discussion but I wasn't able to find a game mechanics section so I just posted here.

A while ago I was mixing and matching certain pieces of armor when I noticed something strange. I had achieved a compostition of armor that, while still being at exactly 25 percent of my total equip burden, would not allow me to fast roll.

I mixed and matched some other gear and made sure I had the same equip burden and lo and behold, fast roll! I couldn't believe what I was seeing so I checked rechecked and triple checked, with the same result.

I was positive I had never heard of anything like that so I told myself I should write it down, but of course I didn't and just let it be. I forgot what I was wearing and have been struggling to recreate it ever since. Now, 2 months later, it still creeps up on me at times and I just can't let it go.

Has anyone here any experiences with anything similar?

Last edited by Phenetylaminos on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Revived

Re: Weird equip burden property?

Post by The Letter X on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:41 pm

I remember  this same issue happening to me a while back, and I believe the issue was the game's way of rounding. For some reason when I had an item equipped with an irregular weight, the game would round down,  displaying a slightly lower value than it should be. I added the weights of my equipped items myself, and the weight happened to be off by 0.1 or 0.2 units.

I sadly don't remember any solid examples.

Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:16 pm

I feel like mugenmonkey tries and (at least sometimes) fails to account for this. I've had it tell me exactly 25% was over before, then tried it in game and got fast roll.
    DPSMurphy

Post by DPSMurphy on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 pm

I can agree that the game has hidden decimal places. Makes sense when the upgrade paths in shields sometimes increases stability but at times does'nt, due to a hidden decimal place. It all goes up by a % when upgrading, but it just looks odd at certain times when upgrading.
    Phenetylaminos

Post by Phenetylaminos on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:57 am

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have ever experienced something like this, I was beginning to think I might have dreamt it or something.. What I'm now wondering about though, is if the game might have hidden decimal points like DPSMurphy said, or if the game just makes certain rounding errors, as X said.

I'm leaning more towards hidden decimal points, since I had 2 sets of armor that weighed the same but one allowed fast roll while the other didn't. Then again I did not add all the pieces up indiviually, so it might yet be a rounding error..

It might be noteworthy, that when I was wearing "heavy armor", (I explicitly remember wearing the Fang Boar Helm, and Elite Knight Body) I was not able to fast roll, but when wearing "lighter" armor (I cant remember which) I was able to fast roll. But this could just be a coincidence.

This might be trivial, but to me this is interesting stuff big grin

EDIT: thanks for the replies:)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:19 pm