Going for platinum

Xiver

Going for platinum

Post by Xiver on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Hey all,

First time poster long time viewer.

After finishing the main story line for the 4th time I have decided to get the platinum trophy (PS3) for this epic game. Can anyone offer any tips on the best way to get this? Is there anything miss-able I may oversee?

Also for all the Miracles, Sorceries etc. must I have the stats to be actually able to use them? Or collecting them is enough for the trophy? I know some spells you may only purchase with a certain INT/FAITH level, does anyone know of the top of there head what these are?

Really love this game, I have 20 other games I want to finish but I just can not put DkS down. I am trying to play Skyrim but just can not get into it the same way I can DkS! I guess the only negativity with this game is it taints all other games for me!

Thanks all. Sorry if these are a repetitive question. I did a quick search and could not find any recent information.
    JulioDRai

Re: Going for platinum

Post by JulioDRai on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:44 pm

I recomend you to serch on the wiki to be sure what you dont have and how or where to get it.

For weapons, shields, talismans and catalysts you just need to know the location or who drops it or who sells it and boss souls too (sif takes 3 NG because you can make the gratshield, gratsword and gratsword cursed).

For magic Griggs is the only one that sells aural decoy and fall control for wich you need 10 int for him to sell you that. I do not recomend buying any more spells because Logan will sell you all of them in dukes archives. Dusk sells some spells too. Ingward sells resist curse. The rest are found in the game like the dark ones that are spread in oolacile. And for pursuers you need to exchange manus soul to snuggly.

For Pyromancy you can buy most of them from laurentius and quelana. To get chaos fireball and firestorm you need 30 humanity in the chaos servant covenant. To get fire tempest you need to have the pyromancy flame to +10 at least for quelana to appear and i think you can kill her and she drops it although you have no need for that because after you kill the bed of caos she will would give it to you. Black flame is in oolacile. For toxic mist you need to have the egg-head and buy it to eingyi.

For miracles you need to do the sigmeyer quest to get emit force. Most of the miracles are sold by reah after you rescue her from tomb of the giants. In the warrior of sunlight covenant (for what you need 25 faith) you get 3, the lightning spear, great lightning spear (you need 10 sunlight medals) and the sunlight spear (for this one you need gwyn's soul). Karmik justice is sold by oswald. For joining the darkmoon covenant and offering 10 souvenirs of reprisal you will get the darkmoon blade miracle. By killing gwyndolin you will get the sunlight blade. By joining the gravelord covenant you will get the gravelord sword dance and by offering 10 eyes of death you will get gravelord gratsword dance.

Hope it helps xD

Xiver

Post by Xiver on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks Julio that helps immensely.

I have the Wiki open and will check off everything as I complete it. I am still worried I'll miss something that I will only be able to achieve in another NG.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:55 pm

It'll only take time honestly. This game isn't a hard plat if you're patient. You've beat it a few times already and should be relatively well off I bet

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:56 pm

And welcome to the forums. Both of you

JulioDRai

Post by JulioDRai on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Proper Bow Thanks xD

Xiver

Post by Xiver on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks for the advice and the welcome skare.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 pm

If you miss anything, you have 2 1/2 playthroughs total. So you can get it the next playthrough, or two playthroughs later if it's near the start of the game. You need 3 sif souls to get all the boss weapons.
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:48 am

Xiver wrote:
    Really love this game, I have 20 other games I want to finish but I just can not put DkS down. I am trying to play Skyrim but just can not get into it the same way I can DkS! I guess the only negativity with this game is it taints all other games for me!
    lol

Hello Xiver,

this comment I really like! It is so true! And Demon's Souls also has this disadvantage!

Can't help you with your request, though because I just started the game after pausing it for Demon's Souls for quite a while.

And always keep your swords in shape!
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 am

You don't have to have a single character to posses all the miracles, spells, items, etc. to get the trophy. They just all have to be on the same console ID. The exception to this is the Knight's Trophy where one character has to have every required weapon to be awarded the trophy/achievement.

I have a question: Is it true you have to have the DLC spells to get the trophy/achievement? Does it matter if you got the DLC or the PTD edition?

Reaver112

Post by Reaver112 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:26 am

You do not need anything from the DLC to platinum the game.

Xiver

Post by Xiver on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:24 am

Hey Micha,

Hope you are enjoying DkS. It really is a great game. I find DkS and DeS are very similar and at the same time very different!

Thanks all for the advice.
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm

I recommend making a checklist from the start.
    You may often forget which pyromancy you didn't pick up, for example.
    The toughest for me were a few rare drops like the Channeler's Trident and the Balder Side Sword. A good way to get some of these are to put down your sign in those areas and run around farming while you wait to be summoned (to lessen the drudgery of straight-up farming).

Xiver

Post by Xiver on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:36 pm

I think I will. I have no problems farming. Working out which spells I have missed and chopping off Seaths tail will most likely be the most challenging.
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Pyros buffed with the Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, and Power Within will take out the tail in a few blasts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm