Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Leet
Serious_Much
SirArchmage
Derpwraith
Aigaios
9 posters

Moonbros using SLB?

Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Moonbros using SLB? Empty Moonbros using SLB?

Post by Aigaios Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:11 pm

So I recently injured my hand and couldnt really play Dark Souls for a week and after playing today I noticed something.

I dont know if its just bad luck but it use to be that almost every DM that invaded me used GMB and DMB, then went to try to R1 spam me to death. However for some reason the last 15 ish DM buff users that invaded me today used the SLB instead could it be that R1 spammers are using the SLB because GMB is becoming more and more popular or is it just my luck? confused 

Anyone else noticed this?
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Moonbros using SLB? Empty Re: Moonbros using SLB?

Post by Derpwraith Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:16 pm

You just answered your own question.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Derpwraith wrote:You just answered your own question.
    Yep. I do the same thing. Even though I am rarely, rarely ever a Darkmoon, even when I was one I switched to Sunlight Blade pretty soon after a few invasions. Or even if I used DMB I carried a SLB as well at the same time so I could switch is they cast GMB.

SLB is just a whole lot more reliable. Though smart Darkmoons should carry both.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:06 pm

The answer is obvious- SLB is what these moonbro hipsters want to use to show how much they go against the system
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:18 pm

I was gonna ask where were you when this happened because i was invading as a Darkmoonbro today but i wasn't using GMB and i don't spam so it wasn't me.

Anyways, you run into a lot of Darkmoonbro buffers because that's one of the main reasons to join that covenant is for the buff. I made a Anikin cosplay (courtesy of Amos) and the buff on a bss looks as close as you can get to a blue lightsaber. 

And when being a Darkmoonbro a GMB user can be your biggest nightmare. Maybe they all were getting sick of GMB and started using SLB (I switch if i run into a GMB user the 2nd time around.) 
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 pm

I stopped using DMB when I realized it really isn't that much stronger than SLB. On top of this, magic defense is more common. IMO, SLB is better.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Lemon > blueberry
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Maybe 50 more damage per hit, 100 tops. however an a katana that hits 3 times, thats now 150-300 damage, the full weight of another unbuffed swing, and so nothing to sneeze at.

CMW is stronger than slb though (and weaker than dmb) so if you're a buff build and going for efficency, dmb first, cmw second, slb only if they use mb/gmb. This gives faith an edge in being able to circumvent gmb.

(one can hit like 450 magic defense, at which point slb would do better, but i've never once run into a build that has 450+ magic defense)
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Maybe 50 more damage per hit, 100 tops. however an a katana that hits 3 times, thats now 150-300 damage, the full weight of another unbuffed swing, and so nothing to sneeze at.

CMW is stronger than slb though (and weaker than dmb) so if you're a buff build and going for efficency, dmb first, cmw second, slb only if they use mb/gmb. This gives faith an edge in being able to circumvent gmb.

(one can hit like 450 magic defense, at which point slb would do better, but i've never once run into a build that has 450+ magic defense)
    Oh, so barely weaker. At 50 int, and using the TCC, Crystal Magic Weapon adds 410 magic Ar. But 50 faith using darkmoon. Sunlight Blade adds 406 lightning AR. 

And considering how much lower lightning defense normally is compared to magic defense (and considering how with TCC, you pretty much only get one super strong buff anyway) SLB is probably the best of the buffs.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:44 pm

but its not usually much lower, not with poise taking so much of a priority over defense and the heavy armor not working well too fast roll in anymore. I spent all day dueling yesterday and met not one person with any elemental defense over 300, as anecdotal evidence.

dmb is 474. increasing returns and all that, as i said its 50 to 100 damage more per hit.

no big thing on a dmb dgm, but that extra damage adds up very quickly on lighter weapons, as i described. 300 extra damage over 3 swings of a dmb kat buffs its approximate damage from 1500 to 1800.

slb is the lowest damage of the buffs most of the time, what it is is the most reliable of the buffs. dmb is unquestionably better unless the crest/shield or gmb are involved. (hence having both.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:but its not usually much lower, not with poise taking so much of a priority over defense and the heavy armor not working well too fast roll in anymore. I spent all day dueling yesterday and met not one person with any elemental defense over 300, as anecdotal evidence.

dmb is 474. increasing returns and all that, as i said its 50 to 100 damage more per hit.

no big thing on a dmb dgm, but that extra damage adds up very quickly on lighter weapons, as i described. 300 extra damage over 3 swings of a dmb kat buffs its approximate damage from 1500 to 1800.

slb is the lowest damage of the buffs most of the time, what it is is the most reliable of the buffs. dmb is unquestionably better unless the crest/shield or gmb are involved. (hence having both.
    I wasn't comparing DMB, I was comparing SLB and Crystal Magic Weapon. Normally the defense defence is big enough to matter then. Just because of shield blocking and such. And with a sun kat, you can do great chip damage and inflict bleed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am