Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Share
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:23 pm

    Now im uncertain on this game
    I like the look of the Engine, the graphics are truly next gen, the gameplay ..... i cant say for certain if i like or dislike it, the combat looks clunky and awkward but that might just be me but my biggest issue with this game is two things.
    Capcom and a required network connection.
    Capcom are known for consumer unfriendly practices and relying on DLC, i dont want them making this game they will nickel and dime you aswell as complicate the state of the games playability.
    Well thats my issues with the game, am i reasonable or biased here?


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:26 pm

    Kiva the wanderer wrote:Now im uncertain on this game
    I like the look of the Engine, the graphics are truly next gen, the gameplay ..... i cant say for certain if i like or dislike it, the combat looks clunky and awkward  but that might just be me but my biggest issue with this game is two things.
    Capcom and a required network connection.
    Capcom are known for consumer unfriendly practices and relying on DLC, i dont want them making this game they will nickel and dime you aswell as complicate the state of the games playability.
    Well thats my issues with the game, am i reasonable or biased here?
    Big Question.

    What game are you referring to?

    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:27 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:Now im uncertain on this game
    I like the look of the Engine, the graphics are truly next gen, the gameplay ..... i cant say for certain if i like or dislike it, the combat looks clunky and awkward  but that might just be me but my biggest issue with this game is two things.
    Capcom and a required network connection.
    Capcom are known for consumer unfriendly practices and relying on DLC, i dont want them making this game they will nickel and dime you aswell as complicate the state of the games playability.
    Well thats my issues with the game, am i reasonable or biased here?
    Big Question.

    What game are you referring to?
    Deep down , its in my badly punctuated title :L


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 pm

    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:Now im uncertain on this game
    I like the look of the Engine, the graphics are truly next gen, the gameplay ..... i cant say for certain if i like or dislike it, the combat looks clunky and awkward  but that might just be me but my biggest issue with this game is two things.
    Capcom and a required network connection.
    Capcom are known for consumer unfriendly practices and relying on DLC, i dont want them making this game they will nickel and dime you aswell as complicate the state of the games playability.
    Well thats my issues with the game, am i reasonable or biased here?
    Big Question.

    What game are you referring to?
    Deep down , its in my badly punctuated title :L
    Oh, sorry, I think that needs to be more clear. It's so hard to understand.

    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:35 pm

    well what do you think of what i think?


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by WaffleGuy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:08 pm

    Hi, stupid guy here. I'd like to know the title and my guessing is always wrong.
    Thanks silly


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 pm

    Deep down , it looks good but capcom is running the show.


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Argetlam350 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:38 am

    I'm in the same boat. It looks good but Capcom isn't known to be that great of a company so I'm hesitant to say if I will buy it or not.


    _________________




    avatar
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 491
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Location : The T.A.R.D.I.S.

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by lonewolf on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 am

    capcom is really dependant on dlc that is often alredy on the disk, so i am scared what they will do with deep down.
    but be redy to be disepointed and buying keys to unlock even the most basic of things.


    _________________
    XBL: lone wolf 986
    Ask and you shal know.
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Sentiel on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 am

    The game looks like Capcom tried to combine Resident Evil and Dragon's Dogma, but were too lazy designing locations, so they made a randomizer instead. I haven't see those since Persona 3.

    I wonder how fighting with a sword looks, because I only saw spear poking. Baing able to aim at a particular part of the enemy is nice, but it feels like a shooter, not an RPG. I wonder how this system allows the player to handle multiple enemies and blocking.

    As for the random dungeons. I have yet to see a game that has this feature done properly. Most of the time you get the same locations over and over again with a different area layout. It doesn;t matter if the dungeon has shuffled rooms, it still looks the same and is boring. The idea is good, but I never even heard of a developer studio that would actually put some effort into making this work so that you don't feel like it's just a polygon lego.

    avatar
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 347
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2013-01-15

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by xenon_nobelium on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:18 am

    1. it's free to play. so expect lots of stuff to require real money (psn points) investment. kind of a dealbreaker, maybe they pull it off right (see warframe).
    2. randomized dungeons and enemys. now that is huge for me, i love me some roguelike games (not talking about rogue legacy or spelunky).
    3. gameplay and character development. almost seen nothing about this, make or break here.

    i'm less euphoric then i was when it was announced, too many factors than need clarification. but i'll definitely check it out and hope that it'll turn out as good as i'm hoping.


    _________________
    Build Archive

    Sponsored content

    Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:44 pm