Hacking isn't pure evil

arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Hacking isn't pure evil

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:08 am

Just like the title says, hacking isn't pure evil. It's a tool, and it's only evil if the hacker uses it that way.

Examples of good hacking are often limited to singleplayer in the minds of others, however there are good multiplayer applications as well, if you organize them.

For instance, I had a big pvp battle in the oolacile arena with three of my friends. They were the host, two phantoms, and me, the black phantom. They were playing as normal, but I was at triple health with a really slow straight sword hilt. The catch was that it was cursed, meaning that you'd die in one hit. In doing so, we created a boss battle like experience, and a pvp situation that is fun but not possible with the normal game. 

What I'm saying is this: Start using the cheat engine as a tool for fun, and testing out new things within the game's parameters, as opposed to just using it to destroy the unfortunates you come across.
    And for those of you unfortunates, know that the bastard with infinite health who just one shot you with a silver knight spear is not the grand representative of the hacker demographic, and that most of us are players who enjoy the base game as much as you, and just want to mix things up a bit from time to time. (In preset situations when it comes to multiplayer, of course)
    reim0027

Re: Hacking isn't pure evil

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:16 am

Be careful to not describe, at all, how to do the hacking.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 am

Hey.. is it possible to hack the game or whatever to tell you the body physiques of all the npc's.. id love to know that ****.. it makes cosplaying a bit slow.

"We are not required to save the world. We are required to stand up as truly as we can for what we love."
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:11 am

Zeta Prime wrote:Hey.. is it possible to hack the game or whatever to tell you the body physiques of all the npc's.. id love to know that ****.. it makes cosplaying a bit slow.
    Unfortunately, there is not, although I'm sure that information is actually listed for characters that are human (not priscilla or gwyndolin, anything like that)
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:13 am

reim0027 wrote:Be careful to not describe, at all, how to do the hacking.
    Anyone who looks for it will find it, and all the crazy stuff (the stuff that really doesn't have an impact on other players) you need a bachelor in Ontology to do.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 am

Well, nothing is pure evil. And it's true, hacking can be used for creative and fun purposes. I don't understand all the hate for it. You can make do awesome move swaps, or damage swaps. Disable backstabs, or all criticals. Make it so no shield has 100% damage reduction. 

You could try out a lot of new things. As long as it isn't done to gain an advantage against other's I think it's fine.

arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:54 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Well, nothing is pure evil. And it's true, hacking can be used for creative and fun purposes. I don't understand all the hate for it. You can make do awesome move swaps, or damage swaps. Disable backstabs, or all criticals. Make it so no shield has 100% damage reduction. 

You could try out a lot of new things. As long as it isn't done to gain an advantage against other's I think it's fine.
    I also learned that critical hitting with shields does 0 damage, except to mimics. So yeah, confusing, but I'm glad that someone share my opinion. Granted, most of the stuff that I know would give me an advantage, I do in offline mode because I'm just playing around with the game. In fact, the only time I've ever cheated online specifically to kill a player was because that player was using hacked HP, so I cursed him.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am

arshan272 wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Well, nothing is pure evil. And it's true, hacking can be used for creative and fun purposes. I don't understand all the hate for it. You can make do awesome move swaps, or damage swaps. Disable backstabs, or all criticals. Make it so no shield has 100% damage reduction. 

I also learned that critical hitting with shields does 0 damage, except to mimics. So yeah, confusing, but I'm glad that someone share my opinion. Granted, most of the stuff that I know would give me an advantage, I do in offline mode because I'm just playing around with the game. In fact, the only time I've ever cheated online specifically to kill a player was because that player was using hacked HP, so I cursed him.
    Oh by the way I up-repped your post.
    I don't like it when people will downrep, but not explain.

Sounds good of you. Not using it to your advantage unless they are cheating as well.

I've always wanted to see someone have two white phantom dogs, and dual wield Demon Machetes in the lower burg. Would be intimidating.

arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    arshan272 wrote:

Sounds good of you. Not using it to your advantage unless they are cheating as well.

I've always wanted to see someone have two white phantom dogs, and dual wield Demon Machetes in the lower burg. Would be intimidating.
    or just spawn a capra demon and some dogs in.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:48 am

arshan272 wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    arshan272 wrote:

or just spawn a capra demon and some dogs in.
    Not as fun. Not as fun. 

Hack in the ability to use pyromancy with the izalith catalyst. It would be so fitting.

arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 am

Well, the problem with that is that because there is no infrastructure for catalysts that can cast more than one type of spell, the best I can do is switch the models of the Izalith catalyst and the pyromancy flame.
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:49 pm

I can agree that using the cheat engine and other things can make the game more enjoyable with your friends.

Key Words: With your friends.

Don't bring it into the public world though, it really isn't cool to give yourself something that someone else can't have, even if it's not an advantage.

"You never truly discover the nature of a weapon until you pretend to be it's former master"

Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:I can agree that using the cheat engine and other things can make the game more enjoyable with your friends.

Don't bring it into the public world though, it really isn't cool to give yourself something that someone else can't have, even if it's not an advantage.
    Fact is anyone can "give themselves something that someone else can't have" if they wish. But as Reim said, as long as they don't do "how to's" opinions on the forum regarding this topic are informative.

But, yes...ditto Wilks. happy

HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm considering getting into InfoSci as a minor at my uni, out of personal interest as well as other reasons, so maybe I'll try messing around with Dark Souls hacking for a bit once I'm halfway decent at that sort of stuff. Actually, by the time that's the case it'll be Dark Souls II that I'll be messing with... Well I'm getting excited already. 

More on-topic though, I agree. I've had some experience with hackers and seen a good number of them on Youtube, but I'm all for prearranged, benevolent (to the extent that all parties agree to the changes) and fun hacks. Or offline hacking, as long as it doesn't have an effect in PvP. I recall someone on these forums once asked for suggestions on possible hacks he could do to make the game harder for himself on SP. Just doing something like that, that's not to anyone's detriment, wouldn't be 'evil' in the slightest imo.

Last edited by HereticForLife on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:I can agree that using the cheat engine and other things can make the game more enjoyable with your friends.

I know what you mean by that statement, but I just so want to pick on it.

Wilks, aren't you one of the traders? Isn't trading pretty much having what others can't have? Like if you traded someone a boss weapon, before they get to Anor.

Once again, I know what you mean though, so this is more just bringing up for discussion, how fair is trading if you set it up out of game?

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Do what you want with your game. Just don't use that to interfere with other's games. So, if you want to make cool videos like showing Manus vs Kalameet, that's fine. If you want to grab a +15 crystal greatsword and ninja flip with havel's +15, that is not fine.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:24 pm

reim0027 wrote:Do what you want with your game.  Just don't use that to interfere with other's games.  So, if you want to make cool videos like showing Manus vs Kalameet, that's fine.  If you want to grab a +15 crystal greatsword and ninja flip with havel's +15, that is not fine.
    Actually, you can't exceed parameters in the PC version. You cannot make a +15 crystal greatsword or +15 halberd. You can ninjaflip force though.
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm

HereticForLife wrote:I'm considering getting into InfoSci as a minor at my uni, out of personal interest as well as other reasons, so maybe I'll try messing around with Dark Souls hacking for a bit once I'm halfway decent at that sort of stuff. Actually, by the time that's the case it'll be Dark Souls II that I'll be messing with... Well I'm getting excited already. 

More on-topic though, I agree. I've had some experience with hackers and seen a good number of them on Youtube, but I'm all for prearranged, benevolent (to the extent that all parties agree to the changes) and fun hacks. Or offline hacking, as long as it doesn't have an effect in PvP. I recall someone on these forums once asked for suggestions on possible hacks he could do to make the game harder for himself on SP. Just doing something like that, that's not to anyone's detriment, wouldn't be 'evil' in the slightest imo.
    One of the easiest and most benign hacks is the self-gravelording hack. With the click of a button, your game is gravelorded for two sessions regardless of what NG you are in. I used it on a new character in NG+6 so that I could simulate Dark Souls 2 difficulty.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:24 pm

arsh - too close to describing the hack. Let's keep this on the topic at hand, not describing the hacks.

The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:09 pm

I thought the ps3 was supposed to be free from hackers:/  I  see them all the time.  So much for Sony's security.  I hope they can keep dks 2 hack free.  I don't remember it at all in Demon's Souls.  What is the difference and why is dks hackable when des was not?

PSN: kingphisher2 and Once-Ler_

I will respect Rex

I will not misuse Rex Kwon Do

I will be a champion of justice and freedom
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Demons did not have mega mule- which seems to have been the window into the soul of dark souls on ps3 unfortunately

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:46 pm

So mega mule is a hacked file then?  Still, someone was able to hack it originally and ps3 was supposed to have lots of protection from that sort of thing.  It's not an open source platform.  Can't they just patch it?

PSN: kingphisher2 and Once-Ler_

I will respect Rex

I will not misuse Rex Kwon Do

I will be a champion of justice and freedom
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:36 am

The Once-Ler wrote:So mega mule is a hacked file then?  Still, someone was able to hack it originally and ps3 was supposed to have lots of protection from that sort of thing.  It's not an open source platform.  Can't they just patch it?
    The copyrighted\protected save file was the one thing the PS3 had over the Xbox\version. Mule is an unlocked file so it can copied over, so it opened the possibility of editing\hacking the save file.

As for using hacks, if its with mates i suppose it might be ok, but as long as its with mates only. I invaded a few times on PC where it was some dude waiting around for a red soapstone summon and they had infinite health in order to practice dueling without pesky death intervening. i was none too impressed at the time.

PC:AnCapaillMor

XBOX: I'll give you 2 guesses
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:03 am

The problem with hackers that are waiting for friends is that when you invade,they kill you anyway. If the invader is no threat to you,why can't you just message them and explain yourself since you have little fear of dying? And if the person refuses to respond and leave and keeps hitting you,do what you will. Not directing this at anyone here,just saying.

I have no problem with people experimenting outside of random PVP but it sees too much abuse by the people we love to complain about. I agree that hacking isn't evil, just the people that do it to annoy others/MLG Pro Win.

Regular

Post by arshan272 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:55 pm

reim0027 wrote:arsh - too close to describing the hack.  Let's keep this on the topic at hand, not describing the hacks.
    It's perfectly fine, I will not disclose at all how to hack the game ever, just what it does, and I won't describe malevolent hacks at all. Those who seek the ark power must find it on their own.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 pm