Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
White Knight Wulf
skarekrow13
billy_bayonet
Graelaoch
8 posters

Spacing, A bane of my playstlye, and yours?

Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Spacing, A bane of my playstlye, and yours? Empty Spacing, A bane of my playstlye, and yours?

Post by Graelaoch Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:45 pm

So, I have been informed by Billy, (thanks Billy.) that I have terrible spacing when it comes to fighting. I am all over the place at times but other I can swoop in, land that parry or dance out of that attack. So my forum friends, tips and tricks to better place one self to hit and not be hit in return, or to dodge that attack coming for your brainpan. Lets hear what you all have to say about it! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing 
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Spacing, A bane of my playstlye, and yours? Empty Re: Spacing, A bane of my playstlye, and yours?

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:59 pm

lol +1
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Spacing, A bane of my playstlye, and yours? Empty Re: Spacing, A bane of my playstlye, and yours?

Post by Graelaoch Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Why thank you billy Proper Bow 
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Do the Kiln Challenge.  

Take your weapon of choice and fight the Black Knights.  No dodging.  No blocking.  No parrying. No backstabs. Learn to step, not roll or dodge, out of harm's way and casually work back in to attack.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:49 pm

It helps a lot to know your weapons range as well. That goes for all of the attack. If u can hit ur opponent without them hitting u keep a note of ur spacing for ur next strike. U on ps3? Is be happy to help u work on ur spacing if ur on xbox
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

I will try the Kiln Challenge and I know Billy has some training for me, I just hope I can survive the torture that he will put me through. thanks for all the input guys and gals.
    Lacedaemon

Post by Lacedaemon Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:34 pm

You're getting training from billy -_-p lol billy is skrub
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:50 pm

He is billy and thats all there is to it. He makes all the baddies go buh bye hehe.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Punishing, and playing against people who play ruthlessly. I don't do it myself as I don't play those people often, but when I do, I pay for it.
    Simple to fix, really, but it's a weakness nonetheless.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Spacing. Want to know how to use the best spacing?

Go tank.

Being a mid-roller with a big weapon will force you to rely on your spacing and timing. I cannot count the times that I have hit people with just the edge of my weapon for a win, the times I've watched people dodge and jump around me while I stare at them, and when they go to attack I simply step out of the way and counter attack.

Yeah, do the Kiln challenge with no poise and a big weapon. Then it will teach you not only spacing but timing. I would show you also how to do spacing, as I am a self proclaimed strength master on xbox and many times manage to use very good spacing to win my fights with big weapons, or even just the claymore. But seeing as you were fighting Billy, you are probably PS3? Billy has both xbox and PS3 so I am curious.
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Yea just ps3 but i really appreciate! Thanks arcmage
    AnimeRamen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AnimeRamen Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Spacing is hard to give tips on. Sometimes you want to stay at your max attack range, other times at your opponents max range, or even super close. The list goes on and on. 

Advice:
    1. learn your weapons attacks (thrust, sweep, etc.), speed, range, and animation
    2. know your opponents attacks, range, speed, and animation
    3. If you know these things you can attack without being hit (factoring in bs, rolls, and parries of course).

Ex.you do a 2handed claymore rt, r2. I have a katana and do a normal rb, r1 and start up my animation slightly after you begin yours. Thus, my weapon is coming in for a landing while your weapon's arc swing barely missed me (both weapon animations are bringing us closer to eachother) BUT you did not hit me and are still in your animation so dodging is impossible.

People will call this luck but once you get it down, you have mastered this game

Edit: if you take anything from this, then take this: "The best time to attack is during your opponents animation"

Anime Ramen
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:11 pm

That was a very well put and insightful post. Thank you I've been using my longsword and estoc combo for a bit now and I agree I can land my r2 so much easier now when I time for when my opponent is swinging
    AnimeRamen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AnimeRamen Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Ah well I'm happy to see this helped you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am