Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Understanding Demon's Souls Lore

pylorih

Understanding Demon's Souls Lore Empty Understanding Demon's Souls Lore

Post by pylorih Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 am

I didn't play Demon's Souls and I have been watching some videos as of late on youtube. Some comments I have seen regarding Lady Astrea state that at this point this encounter is supposed to be like an epiphany that the player is now the worst demon. This crusade to destroy demons turns him into a demon.

Since I haven't played the game, I don't have the lore/experience to understand how this can be. Also, a character named Yurt is freed and states something about being right about the player before killing him. He also kills the NPCs in the Nexus.

Are the NPCs in the Nexus all demons then?

If someone has a link to lore I would appreciate it!

FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Understanding Demon's Souls Lore Empty Re: Understanding Demon's Souls Lore

Post by FexDS Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:03 pm

This perspective is just the "triumph by all means makes you evil" view. Maiden Astraea sacrificed her purity and became a demon to give hope to the plagued inhabitants of the Valley of Defilement. In your righteous crusade to seal the Old One (master demon) you slay her and thus rob the crazed residents of the swamp of their one and only light.

Yurt's words are not meaningful until you make your end game choice of sticking to your original objective or becoming a demon yourself.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am