Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
befowler
Reaperfan
Emergence
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
berkut
PlasticandRage
Tolvo
12 posters

That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 11 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:01 am

There's a specific kind that's almost exactly like the girl from the Ring. They hide in really confined spaces, like little boxes, and come crawling out after you when you aren't looking. It came out around the same time as the Ring I think. I've never seen the Grudge. I remember seeing that Buffy the Vampire Slayer was in it so I passed
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 11 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:05 am

The ring was very...Meh...Meh meh meh...

I will admit, those things sound quite terrifying. Anything stalking me in a game or real life freaks me out greatly. It's the reason why I had to stop watching those Slender Man Videos.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah I was entertained by the Ring the first time I saw it but all in all there are much better horror flicks out there. You should really go find a video for that game Amnesia. If you find being stalked terrifying you'd probly be into it too. It's only $19. I'm getting it next time I get paid. Do you have a netflix account Tolvo?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 am

https://youtu.be/eTlWBtz62Z0

It gets a bit, loud at times.

The thing that is scary most of the time is just the atmosphere, 95% of the time is you trying to solve puzzles and figure out where to go, while hoping you don't find anything living. The 5%, running from anything that is alive.

By the way the game does have nudity, all male. Just thought I should warn you on that one.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:25 am

Oh you've played it already?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:26 am

Nope, just watched some of the thousands of playthroughs of it on youtube haha. My current computer can't handle any games, so I'm reduced to Let's Plays sadly. sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 am

Oh right. I think I remember you saying your computer was f$^#ed up. I think I'm going to give it a try. I'm a really big fan of the genre and it looks promising.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 am

That Milky Ways guy in the video at about 2:04 in, my god. That is the strangest scream I've ever heard. I want to link it again just because of that guy.

https://youtu.be/eTlWBtz62Z0
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:38 am

If anything that makes me want to get it even more. Excellent prepubescent screaming there to boot.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 am

It's probably a good thing I can't play Amnesia, I'd never finish it haha. I'd just be hiding in a corner too afraid to ever leave my new home.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 am

Tolvo wrote:It's probably a good thing I can't play Amnesia, I'd never finish it haha. I'd just be hiding in a corner too afraid to ever leave my new home.

I once had a dare with my friend (I'm well known among my friends for not being able to stomach anything remotely scary :oops:) that if I could play Amnesia for 5 minutes they would buy me lunch. If not, I had to buy them lunch. I'm not gonna tell you exactly how long I lasted, but here's a hint: it was less than 3 minutes.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 am

I would probably get to my first monster then quit haha. Either that or my first dead naked man that it completely shows.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 am

I just finished downloading the demo. I guess we'll see how I do. I generally seek this stuff out though. I love to be scared. Well a certain kind of scared.

Yeah so it's definitely terrifying. I'm still getting used to trying to stay in the light. The lack of abundant tinder boxes and the slowly draining lantern oil definitely add a sense of urgency.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:24 am

PlasticandRage wrote:When I hear people having the wars/trek argument it always blows me away that Lando gets left out. Trekkies always play the Kirk gets the women card. Cmon now. Wars has Billy D. The baddest pimp in the galaxy.

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 am

Also, I'm not trying to invalidate Empire or Return as films, but say Godfather III...it's definitely not a bad film, but when talking about The Godfather, the good ones are I & II. A New Hope, to me, set a bar which every subsequent film could not reach. Whereas Godfathers I & II can be argued forever over which is better, there's no doubt in my mind that A New Hope is the best Star Wars film, which is why it reigns supreme forever.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 am

Reaperfan wrote: I once had a dare with my friend (I'm well known among my friends for not being able to stomach anything remotely scary :oops:) that if I could play Amnesia for 5 minutes they would buy me lunch. If not, I had to buy them lunch. I'm not gonna tell you exactly how long I lasted, but here's a hint: it was less than 3 minutes.

My roommate a couple years back had his girlfriend start a playthrough of Deadspace and she screamed and threw the controller when the lights first turn off (not a necromorph in sight). She nearly broke the thing.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:45 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Also, I'm not trying to invalidate Empire or Return as films, but say Godfather III...it's definitely not a bad film, but when talking about The Godfather, the good ones are I & II. A New Hope, to me, set a bar which every subsequent film could not reach. Whereas Godfathers I & II can be argued forever over which is better, there's no doubt in my mind that A New Hope is the best Star Wars film, which is why it reigns supreme forever.

I wont argue with that. New Hope not only carries the novelty of being the first one, but so much great stuff happens also. Like the trench run on the Death Star.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm a sucker for character development, which is why A New Hope is my favourite. I just feel like you see the most of the characters in that one, that you can really see everyone grow in some way.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm

The clone wars animated series was the best part of anything starwars.

lol. the movies/shows are my least favorite parts of the wars universe. I prefer the books/ games
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Remember Plastic to keep your sanity up, you don't want to be making too much noise or pass out haha.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 pm

I suggest a different strategy. Let the wookie win.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Haha, so many great quotes to be had. lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:58 pm

So Plastic, have you screamed at all yet?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:10 pm

"Activate the emergency reverse boosters"

"Open the flaps Anakin!"

Star Wars logic at it's finest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:14 pm

If you want to talk about moments of stupidity, the one that comes to mind is by Obi-Wan.

Well we are on like the ten bellionth floor of a building, a flying droid which could be rigged to self destruct is right outside the window. Better dive out after it and hope an assassin is stupid enough to have their weapon used for killing a high priority target guarded by Jedi return to themself!

*Dives through window*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 pm