Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Memorial for Gwyn

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Memorial for Gwyn Empty Memorial for Gwyn

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:24 am

Sigh.

I feel a little bit of a mixture of both anger and sadness. I think I am getting too overly attached towards Dark Souls... and it seems that 'roleplay' has transforming into real play for me. Or just real, as it seems that the play of it is more so... life, for a lack of a term.

I was thinking about Dark Souls, and what has happened across the world of Lordran, and the world of man. Plunged in Chaos and Dark, both the terrorizing Demons in which bring terror to many, as well as the Dark and Dragons that seek the power of only themselves in an anarchistic way... their seems to be no order at all in the world, no Gwyn. I can see why Gwyn went hollow with everything falling apart, and everything he fought for, obtained... all for it to be toppled over by not only his comrades, but his loved ones as well. I am angry at the people who lead to his hollowment, angry to what has happened to man, to Lordran, and everything else. Yet... I feel sad. I do not know if their is a way to obtain what Gwyn had before, order and stability in the world. It seems dark and cold, as if the flame is seemingly just withering away...

So, for the memorial of the Great Lord, I want to make a memorial for such a creature. Not for him being a God, but a Man. I think their is a reason why FROM chose Silent Comedy's songs for Dark Souls, as well as why the have this picture: A Black knight, handing his weapon to the player. So here is the image... as well as 'All Saint's Day'. It seems appropiate for Gwyn, and I think FROM knew as well.

Cheers. Discuss whether Gwyn is a Great Man or not... I think I am just going to lay back for awhile.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Memorial for Gwyn Empty Re: Memorial for Gwyn

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:04 am

A manly tear has been shed this day sad
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Have you ever said no to Kaathe, after he tells the 'truth'?

It's the greatest triumph you can here from me. That snake was perpulsed.

Or perplex if you prefer... I think it is a little bit of both. lol
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:53 am

I *** love that song. Along with Bartholomew fit very well with the game's atmosphere. Anyway I encourage people to listen to the full album of The Silent Comedy, called Common Faults. That album has 10 songs, including those 2. Really, a very good band.

Sad for Gwyn, must been hard to live through all of that, but anyway, the course of nature has to go on.

Here is Bartholomew:

And one of my favorites songs from the album (excluding previous 2):

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm sorry, this post before was scribbled overtop by other topics in the past, so I did not see this post... So I will respond.

Yes I love the music, and I know and understand that nature must come, in which case the age of dark... But tell me, did the nature of such things be needed to reject the ideas of relighting, after a new enemy arises which we know as the chaos flame? Was it justified for those who followed his rule to then attack him when he sacrificed his reign to defeat the chaos; a foundation that could destroy the very thing that Gwyn created, the order and society that was brought for man?

I hope you see it as such. The ignorance of the followers of the dark helped allow the other flame to win, in this case chaos win. The sacrifice of order, of sunlight, brought the rise of chaos to rule, and the dark followers and others who reigned with Gwyn did not help with this cause at all. The only one that did was Nito, as his domain is the only one that contains the Black Knights with peace with the dead. Even nito's alliance is questionable, as it could be for either what he saw from the different holes of the tomb, possibly the birth of chaos, or just the ability to incarnate and resurrect, in which he may or may nit depend upon the flame.

So let me ask you this: was it justifiable for those who wanted the dark to burn their savior? To destroy and create anarchy and chaos, to help destroy what Gwyn tried to save from the second flame, the chaos flame? I highly doubt that their choice was that of the right choice.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:21 am

I think the story of dark souls has a much much deeper meaning that can relate to morality. They did the wrong thing for the right reasons. They loved their saviour until they found a way they thought was better and abandoned their saviour. you are only a hero as long as the people cheer.

The chaos flame was created from depseration, a desperation not to lose power. Seath attacked lordran in his ambition for power. Nito stayed loyal but did nothng because the dead do not do.. The dark lord's motives are still unclear but it is known that whyever they did it they put their motives ahead of the greater good. Velka betrayed Gwyn ad all those who followd the fire because she felt weak and wanted more power. Kaarthe and frampt simpl try to sway you with words.

but then look at the normal people. Oscarfails his quest yet advetures all the way back to the asylum to find someone who can complete it. All Quelana wants is for her sisters and mother to be free of the horrible existence they follow and helps you complete this by teaching you. Siege just wants an adventure. Solaire is seeking his purpose in life yet still finds the time to help others during his quest. Logan and all the other teachers are adventuring in lordran for one reason or another, fighing against the corruption within it.

All those with power do is screw up the world. yet it is those without real power that are actually doing things.

Just while I'm here I must point ut how well made a of a character Nito is. He uses poison and disease to kill his foes. Even in the prologue he is not shown fighting but just releasing a plague. He himself does very little to actively hurt his foes. His army rots in the tomb allowing Seath and the bed of chaos to run free. Fire, the embodiment of change, literally energy given form damages him. Nito is the embodiment of death. the dead do not do. Nito does nothing himself and eergy actually hurts him. He is literally the dead.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:03 am

Love that album. My son-in-law brought it over from the States for me when he and my daughter visited recently. I could watch the Bartholomew trailer over and over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 am