Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Mental Gear
ScottyDoesKnow
SirArchmage
chantienyee
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Green__Eagle
Sentiel
Acarnatia
Aigaios
Tolvo
14 posters

Stuck In The Great Hollow

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Stuck In The Great Hollow Empty Stuck In The Great Hollow

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:56 pm

So I'm stuck in the Great Hollow and have no way of getting out.  My game glitched or something, because one of the branches leading out has an invisible wall on it I can't get around.  From the bottom, taking the ladder up, then the next ladder, there is a branch to go up that is yellow with green on the sides.  At the end of it is an invisible wall I can't pass, I've been able to go through it on other characters I just tested it on, this one it is impassable.  Is this a glitch we have not seen enough and has never been reported?  What is happening?  I can't warp out or anything either, I rested at the bottom then ran into this on my way out.  Do I have to reroll my entire toon because frankly this on top of many personal issues and forum related ones are making me think I should just quit playing Dark Souls, the stress is getting to me.

I died once also, only once, and it left no bloodstain.  I had 10,000 souls since I rarely ever die in the Great Hollow and that is pissing me off too.

Is there anything possible that I can do to remove an invisible wall, or am I just completely screwed?
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Stuck In The Great Hollow Empty Re: Stuck In The Great Hollow

Post by Aigaios Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Well I don't know about the wall but I can help you get back any stuff you had if you want to, im in the process of making space for new characters anyway. Maybe there is something wrong with that character save, did you pick up any items recently from an unknown player? I know that people can mod items to break your game. Still I don't think that would explain the invisible wall.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:20 pm

I think I may have the same wall-I've died there many times. It's by where I think the last crystal lizard is, the last wooden floor between branches before the one with two ladders. To get up it, you have to do a sprinting jump within a certain distance before getting to the ledge of the platform-if you do it right next to it, you won't go over it.
    I've ALWAYS had this wall, before and after I got my ps3 online. (it was unpatched before I got it online) While it's obnoxious and little difficult, I can get past it.

Of course, this is assuming that we're taling about the same spot. We may be havnig issues in different areas.

I wonder if we're the only two (or perhaps just me) who has this wall, or if everyone is and they just always warp out so they haven't noticed it.

On another note, I once fell through a hole in last platform with basilisks and landed on a tiny branch in the middle of the hollow. I lost half my health and was stuck on a tiny branch that I think wasn't even meant to be able to stand on-I'm actually surprised that I didn't just phase right through it. I fell off doing my best to leap to the path way further away than I could have jumped and lost my 900k souls and 50-or-so humanity because my bloodstain was on that branch.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:28 pm

I had to wait a bit to let my dirty mind laugh at Tolvo being stuck in Great Hollow. big grin

Now, to actually try and help you.
    Seems like you're screwed. If nothing, even rolling and jumping can be done and you can't warp, then I'm afraid you have to delete the toon. I wouldn't give up just yet though. I got stuck on some sort of invisible wall in there as well, but I thought it was patched. As stupid as it may sound, what helped me was to do a backstep. That somehow got me through.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys, the backstep didn't plainly work.  But for some reason, doing the reverse backstep, the Ravioli step, worked and got me past it. *** the Great Hollow, never again without the Lordsvessel.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Yep; I walked out of the Great Hollow once. I always wait for the LV so I can warp out.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Tolvo wrote:Thanks for all the advice guys, the backstep didn't plainly work.  But for some reason, doing the reverse backstep, the Ravioli step, worked and got me past it. *** the Great Hollow, never again without the Lordsvessel.
    At least you got out. winking 
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Were you down there for the covenant or for the materials?
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm

The worst is running past the hydra without the Lordvessel at a low level and no stealth abilities, and then getting stuck on the other side when he does his jump...
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Nice to see you got out. I suggest doing what I do. I get twenty estus flasks from Firelink then go get whatever I need in Blight town and the great hollow. I'll only rest at a bonfire for farming slugs. That way, just home word bone all the way back. Screw that entire area.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Tolvo wrote:Thanks for all the advice guys, the backstep didn't plainly work.  But for some reason, doing the reverse backstep, the Ravioli step, worked and got me past it. *** the Great Hollow, never again without the Lordsvessel.
    Tip for the future, just keep walking against the invisible wall and move left. It looks like you're going to fall off but you get up on the platform first, can do it just running or sprinting.
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I also got stuck there the first time and spent quite some time trying to jump it which rarely works. You literally float on air when going left, looks daring. See for yourself:
    Stuck In The Great Hollow Data_216

But there is an even nastier spot in Blighttown, I call it the troll border Prostration . Oh I loathe this spot so much, it really tries to pull you sideways off the branch as soon as your feet touch the planks:
    Stuck In The Great Hollow Data_217
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Heh, yeah. I've done on both of those so many times~
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:46 pm

I found that for that Blighttown spot I can more reliably traverse it if I run rather than trying to walk slowly and carefully.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:52 pm

I usually just run through that blight town spot and don't fall.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:53 pm

So, Am I the only one who doesn't have too much a problem with the actual platforming in this game?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:So, Am I the only one who doesn't have too much a problem with the actual platforming in this game?
    There is a difference between problems with the platforming, and problems with glitched out invisible walls that should not be there in a place that trying to go around the wall means falling to ones death.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:So, Am I the only one who doesn't have too much a problem with the actual platforming in this game?
    There is a difference between problems with the platforming, and problems with glitched out invisible walls that should not be there in a place that trying to go around the wall means falling to ones death.
    They were talking about blight town. Maybe I misinterpreted what they meant then.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:51 am

Blighttown tip. Ignore the branch, or whatever it is path and climb up. On the floor with the enemy, you can jump down and reach the place you would need to cross the branch to get to. Once there, do what you must and to get back, use Homeward.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 am

SirArchmage wrote:Nice to see you got out. I suggest doing what I do. I get twenty estus flasks from Firelink then go get whatever I need in Blight town and the great hollow. I'll only rest at a bonfire for farming slugs. That way, just home word bone all the way back. Screw that entire area.
    I used to do it your way magey. But, I did it unpatched testing out the DH glitch. I always went with 10 eustus on the bf at the top of the trees just outside the swamp area, (probably the one you mentioned). Do what you need to do down there and DO NOT touch the 2 bf's on the way to dragon.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 pm

It isn't an invisible wall, instead the tiny bump that connects the branch and the platform acts like a piece of terrain that's like the "no go, slidey" pieces of terrain (still with me)
    It always gets my characters stuck and I just run and jump between the branches, towards the platform float for a second or 2 and then my character just rolls onto the platform as usual.

I hope I explained that well enough.
    Also I'm not sure if leg armour plays apart in the dodgey stump.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:03 am

If it's the same spot that Mental Gear posted a screenshot of, I don't think you're necessarily stuck. I've hit that invisible wall spot too. Try running around it slightly to the left. It'll look like you should fall, but keep hugging the side of the invisible wall and you should probably make it around. If that doesn't work, maybe try unequipping your armor (or put more on) to see if your burden has any impact.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm