Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
OGS0ulsFAN
phastings
BackwardsBaboon
mugenis4real
DyingAce
Qyntius
GrinTwist
Odinbear
mikeiothegreat
White Knight Wulf
Noob-of-Artorias
Looking Glass Mind
eminusx
SpecialNewb
Frank Poole
jaythibodeau
Back Lot Basher
crbngville2
Argetlam350
Onion Knight
Walter_White
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Aigaios
sinspaw
Encore
skarekrow13
morte
32 posters

Who plans to buy DkSII on the first day?

Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Who plans to buy DkSII on the first day? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who plans to buy DkSII on the first day?

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Got mine pre-ordered. 

I don't care that March is the middle of my Spring Quarter and I'll likely be up to my neck in exams...I'm gonna play me some Dark Souls dammit. 

Hell, my buddy down at the local Gamestop has me on an unofficial list to upgrade me to the collectors edition if such a thing exists. 

Until then however I'll have GTAV, Pokemon X and CoD: Ghosts to keep me company.

Edit: 1000th post, WHOOOOO, I DID IT MA!!!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Who plans to buy DkSII on the first day? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who plans to buy DkSII on the first day?

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:41 am

Gettin it day one taking the next day off and playing for 24 hours n there will b a collectors edition vents but won't b announced till the 18th
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:09 am

White Knight Wulf wrote:Gettin it day one taking the next day off and playing for 24 hours n there will b a collectors edition vents but won't b announced till the 18th
    You know, I'm kind of conflicted on the collector's edition thing. On the one hand: it's neat for those who pre-order, a reward for their loyalty to the franchise, but at the same time, it's either aesthetic or a different weapon or gear with the potential to result in unbalanced gameplay at the early stages or a long-term item to unbalance in the later stages.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 am

Nope nothing in game for dks2 its a statue and a few other things
    Looking Glass Mind
    Looking Glass Mind
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Looking Glass Mind Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:32 am

White Knight Wulf wrote:Gettin it day one taking the next day off and playing for 24 hours n there will b a collectors edition vents but won't b announced till the 18th
    Like... the 18th of this month? Really?

bounce
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:42 am

Yup this month they'll give full details
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 am

Who plans to buy DkSII on the first day? - Page 2 Praise
    White Knight Wulf wrote:Yup this month they'll give full details
    mikeiothegreat

Post by mikeiothegreat Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm pre-ordering (hoping there'll be some special editions) and will probably not sleep for the 1000 hours after booting it up.

As for day 1 bugs, yes of course. I'm a game developer myself and the only fact about games is there are bugs in all of them, it's just a case of which ones get fixed before release and which ones don't. happy
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Plan to Pre-order so it arrives a day early.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Looking Glass Mind wrote:
    Like... the 18th of this month? Really?

bounce
    Of course the 18th, it's my birthday after all.

Who better to honor than yours truly?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm hoping to get it as soon as it hits the PC, until then, I wait.
    Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Qyntius Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:41 am

Getting it day one. I'd be pretty dissapointed if it's not immediately available on the PC because it will make for an even smaller playerbase for pc.
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DyingAce Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:54 pm

If I can, I'll get it day 1 and maybe even help the wiki big grin  Will be curious to see how fast they come out with a patch.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 pm

If there's going to be a midnight release, well then you already know how it's going to go down. cool
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 pm

The day this releases I plan to have a productive day at work, pick up my copy on the way home, then oversleep (if I sleep at all) and have an absolutely miserable time the following day at work!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:44 pm

morte wrote:
    Argetlam350 wrote:Yes day one for me. All ready have it preordered even. I'm not big on preorders but this is one game I had to do it for. Though March really isn't the best for me to actually play it for long durations of time, I can at least give an hour or so a day to enjoy it.
    Where did you pre-order it? I looked on DkSII's website, but I couldn't find a PC preorder.
    Last time I checked they had yet to announce the PC release waiting ...

Hopefully it will be soon to follow if not same as ps3/xbox bc that aint fair to the PC folk. Im a ps3 guy, but wish I had a powerful PC to play around optimizations or whatever theyre called

--------------
    Im all for pre-orders. reason being is gamestop may do a midnight release, which means I can play the game till 5AM, then call in sick next day for an epic collecting of souls. pre-ordered a couple months ago, but may refund and order the collectors edition, I want that cloth map, damnit
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:52 pm

I believe the Collector's Edition preorder might wind up being ny Xmas present from my wife
    OGS0ulsFAN
    OGS0ulsFAN

Who plans to buy DkSII on the first day? - Page 2 Empty hell yeah

Post by OGS0ulsFAN Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:41 am

already pre ordered it gonna do a couple demons souls/darks souls run throughs to warm up once my ps3 is repaired
    OGS0ulsFAN
    OGS0ulsFAN

Post by OGS0ulsFAN Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:42 am

phastings wrote:
    morte wrote:
    Argetlam350 wrote:Yes day one for me. All ready have it preordered even. I'm not big on preorders but this is one game I had to do it for. Though March really isn't the best for me to actually play it for long durations of time, I can at least give an hour or so a day to enjoy it.
    Where did you pre-order it? I looked on DkSII's website, but I couldn't find a PC preorder.

Hopefully it will be soon to follow if not same as ps3/xbox bc that aint fair to the PC folk. Im a ps3 guy, but wish I had a powerful PC to play around optimizations or whatever theyre called

--------------
    Im all for pre-orders. reason being is gamestop may do a midnight release, which means I can play the game till 5AM, then call in sick next day for an epic collecting of souls. pre-ordered a couple months ago, but may refund and order the collectors edition, I want that cloth map, damnit
    they did last time i checked
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:40 am

I convinced my wife that might be a good week for her to take a bit of vacation time, since I don't plan to bathe or put on pants for a few days.  Schedule a bit of time off work and I'm golden!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:13 pm

OGS0ulsFAN wrote:already pre ordered it gonna do a couple demons souls/darks souls run throughs to warm up once my ps3 is repaired
    Actually, I would suggest not getting to familiar with those controls/mechanics again due to the fact they are changing so much in the sequel; Go into DkS2 with a fresh mind. Tho I could be wrong, never hurts to get that coordination locked down.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:23 pm

OGS0ulsFAN wrote:
    phastings wrote:
    morte wrote:

--------------
    they did last time i checked
    They announced ps3/xbox release for EU 4/14/13 and US 4/11/13 but for PC they stated "to follow shortly after console release," which can mean they have more things to work out and don't want to set an exact date they may not be able to deliver on. 

Remember that From Soft's only experience with PC is the DkS1 port. I realize they have been working on the PC version since the advent of this project, im just saying their native language is that of playstation code, so they may need more time with PC version. 

They just want to make sure they deliver a solid PC version since they kinda dropped the ball last time according to those who were not happy with the pc port.
    Phenetylaminos
    Phenetylaminos

Post by Phenetylaminos Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:38 am

No doubt day 1, first PC & PS3 after that. Because Dark Souls, that's why.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm pre ordering it. To this day I have never pre ordered a game.

FROM made one of my favorite games ever. Take my money, you've earned it based on dark souls alone.

I will probably take the day off work just to marathon game.
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Pre-ordering that ****, son.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 am