Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
TomBombadil515*
ViralEnsign_
BloodTempest
Encore
NathanC
Pilgrim34
Micha369
CakeThiefPro
Derpwraith
Fen
Carphil
Say Xbox Again
Bassman Bob
Icegodzilla
Green__Eagle
Wilkinson3424
Seignar
SirArchmage
Werdax
Serious_Much
lonewolf
DyingAce
Elite Knight
Darkfallen
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sneezer
GrinTwist
Tolvo
Latitoast
Soul of Stray Demon
34 posters

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Poll

Who will win?

[ 10 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 10 I_vote_lcap67%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 5 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 10 I_vote_lcap33%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 10 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by CakeThiefPro Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:25 pm

BloodTempest wrote:And the stalemate is finally broken!
    Quick someone vote for Artorias silly
    BloodTempest
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. - Page 10 Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by BloodTempest Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:40 pm

CakeThiefPro wrote:
    BloodTempest wrote:And the stalemate is finally broken!
    Quick someone vote for Artorias silly
    Lol, this is going to go on forever.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Ok, then, I'm hurrying before it ties again. 

Ornstien and Smough win with a score of 9 to Artorias' 7.

Next round, Gwyndolin vs Gwyn.

This one seems quite obvious, but it's an iconic battle. Father and Son, Sun vs Moon.

Wow, son and sun. 

Ok Discuss
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I think it depends on the battlefield.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I think it depends on the battlefield.
    What do you mean?
    BloodTempest
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I think it depends on the battlefield.
    The battlefield doesn't really matter if Gwyn does his jump attack everytime Gwyndolin teleports though.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Wowwy, that orn and smough vs artorias was a close one

Next poll is up- the kid with the biggest daddy issues in souls gets to have at it with his hollowfied father.

Here, I'm going to go for gwyn. Leaping attack and grab attack i feel could neutralise gwyndolin's teleporting fairly well, and gwyn's power would kill gwyndolin... just.

Would definitely be a close one.. But I'm going for Gwyn- HP and higher power just nicks it from gwyndolin's long range attacks
    Say Xbox Again
    Say Xbox Again

Post by Say Xbox Again Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Gwyndolin teleports a long distance. Perhaps longer than Gwyn's entire arena. Gwyn closes distance fast, though, and I suspect Gwyndolin would be unable to escape fast enough. I vote for Gwyn because his damage output will likely exceed Gwyndolin's, and because Gwyndolin can't parry.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 pm

If it's a long corridor or wide-open area, Gwyn would constantly be hit because he charges straight for the target and will get hit, often.

Gwyn sometimes stops and looks around, too, which is another opportunity to get hit. When Gwyn gets close to Gwendolin, the son will teleport away.

If it's a small area, Gwyn wins handily. If not, I think it's a toss-up.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 pm

I think Gwyn is going to get arrested for child abuse.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:12 am

I vote for the moon. He does a lot of damage if you don't avoid it, which Gwyn wouldn't, then you die very quickly. I think if Gwyndolin could teleport fast enough then Gwyn would go down but it would have to be in the corridor. 

Lore wise Gwyn would take it every time in any other arena but I think Gwyndolin would know his father very well and would be able to predict his attacks. Gwyn luckily lost his mighty bolts otherwise he would one shot Gwyndolin.

Also who doesn't love Loki silly
    BloodTempest
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:13 am

Gwyn hasn't lost his mighty bolts actually, if you stay far enough away from him to attack you with his sword but close enough that he won't leap at you, he'll start shooting Sunlight Spears instead. Sometimes anyway.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 am

BloodTempest wrote:Gwyn hasn't lost his mighty bolts actually, if you stay far enough away from him to attack you with his sword but close enough that he won't leap at you, he'll start shooting Sunlight Spears instead. Sometimes anyway.
    Really? I've never seen that surprised 

Well hopefully Gwyndolin would be smart enough to teleport away when he sees it being cast...
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:49 am

Gwyn can leap a long distances (as seen when you enter his boss room), and it takes Gwyndolin 100+ years to teleport away if he is not properly prepared with his catalyst.

Then again, magic can really do a trick on Gwyn, and assuming Gwyndolin is clever enough to keep the necessary distance, the fight might be in his favor. Then again, Gwyn is very agile so he can just jump from side to side, rendering Gwyndolin's magic useless.

Gwyn takes this one.
    Maplepop
    Maplepop
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Maplepop Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:12 am

BloodTempest wrote:Gwyn hasn't lost his mighty bolts actually, if you stay far enough away from him to attack you with his sword but close enough that he won't leap at you, he'll start shooting Sunlight Spears instead. Sometimes anyway.
    Woah... Really Tempest? 

I've never seen this - Makes sense though I guess!
    TomBombadil515*
    TomBombadil515*
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TomBombadil515* Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:15 am

I think Gwyn would win because, unlike Gwyndolin, he can actually dodge her attacks. Also, he could do long range attacks as well-- lightning bolts.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 am

Oh lord, It's like Kalameet vs Pinwheel all over again.
    BloodTempest
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 am

Maplepop wrote:
    Woah... Really Tempest? 

I've never seen this - Makes sense though I guess!
    It's quite rare, I've only seen this a couple of times when I decided not to parry Gwyn. He'll just run at you most of the time though, or leap at you if you get too far away.

TomBombadil515* wrote:I think Gwyn would win because, unlike Gwyndolin, he can actually dodge her attacks. Also, he could do long range attacks as well-- lightning bolts.
    Erm dude? Gwyndolin's a guy.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Well, Gwyn beats Gwyndolin with a score of 11 to 2.

Next Round would be Sanctuary Guardian vs Kalameet. 
    This seems too obvious, how would you all feel if we had two of them, seeing as how they respawn like that in the boss area? 
    So, although it seems quite obvious, Discuss.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:56 pm

I don't even feel like coming up with a valid reason, as to why Kalameet walks off with this one.
    All I really bother saying is this: Kalameet's breath is lethal, and his skin is rough. Enough said.
    Say Xbox Again
    Say Xbox Again

Post by Say Xbox Again Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Kalameet is not as weak to lightning as other dragons, and he can close distance much faster than Sanctuary Guardians can.

Lorewise it's an absolute curb stomp because why would Gough shoot Kalameet down for the Guardians to fight?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Say Xbox Again wrote:Kalameet is not as weak to lightning as other dragons, and he can close distance much faster than Sanctuary Guardians can.

Lorewise it's an absolute curb stomp because why would Gough shoot Kalameet down for the Guardians to fight?
    He shoots down Kalameet for you, even though he believes it to be pointless. That's how much he wants that Dragon gone. I'm sure he would shoot it down for the Sanctuary Guardians to take on.
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:55 am

Sanctuary Guardian and Kalameet? That's not even fair.

That's like saying, the Hellkight VS Taurus Demon.

Kalameet wins. Too many reasons to list.

The flying and fire breathing? Even if he's grounded, his tail slam would make short work of that mix matched cow-cat.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Kalameet.

But for the sake of argument I'm going to consider the best chance for the guardians to win. I guess they could attempt to dodge some of his fire breathe with their flying/jumping and then shoot lightning at kalameet from multiple sides to confuse the dragon. I still don't think they'd do enough damage or be able to win but they might put up a fight. 

Also it'd be pretty cool if one of them shot out water and the other spit lightning to do massive area damage. Luckily it doesn't seem to rain in Lordran x)
    Say Xbox Again
    Say Xbox Again

Post by Say Xbox Again Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:58 pm

I still want to see a mod that allows us to watch these kinds of battles in-game. We know the game AI allows multiple targets, aggro changes, side changes etc. so it's possible, I'm sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am