BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Poll

Who will win?

[ 10 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 5 ]
    33% [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Poll is up!

Let me think about it.. But I'm leaning to gwyn

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 pm

This took me roughly one second to come to a conclusion.
    Lorewise? Ha.......Ha ha.......Gwyn. Even hollowed, Gwyn. They are both powered down, Nito from using his Lord Soul to pretty much be death and Gwyn from lengthening the age of fire. Neither have the amazing powers as before, not nearly the same, but Gwyn can rely on his Greatsword and agility where Nito lacks that. The skeletons would hardly pose a thread, and Nito would be down very quickly. If they were both at max power? Yeah, still Gwyn. He is the Dark Souls equivalent of Zeus for a reason. His power is way too immense to challenge.

Gameplay wise? Still Gwyn. Gwyn's speed will help very much, taking down all the skeletons to get to Gwyn fast. You could debate that he could kill all the skeletons permanently due to him being......well, the holiest thing in existence, though he is hollowed and lacking influence in the world. And just because I am having some pity on the Ol' Sack of Bones Nito, I'll just say that they respawn, and neither Gwyn or Nito has occult or holy modifiers against each other. Gwyn is too fast to be stunlocked by simple Skeletons, though would take a bit of a beating everytime he kills the skeletons to get to Nito. But what to factor in, is his extremely aggressive nature. Out of all the bosses he can dish out the biggest amount of DPS. As well as the fact that fire is fairly effective against Nito, and that Gwyn being small(compared to most things) Nito is going to miss a lot. So giving this to Gwyn.

The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:52 pm

SirArchmage wrote:This took me roughly one second to come to a conclusion.
    Lorewise? Ha.......Ha ha.......Gwyn. Even hollowed, Gwyn. They are both powered down, Nito from using his Lord Soul to pretty much be death and Gwyn from lengthening the age of fire. Neither have the amazing powers as before, not nearly the same, but Gwyn can rely on his Greatsword and agility where Nito lacks that. The skeletons would hardly pose a thread, and Nito would be down very quickly. If they were both at max power? Yeah, still Gwyn. He is the Dark Souls equivalent of Zeus for a reason. His power is way too immense to challenge.

Gameplay wise? Still Gwyn. Gwyn's speed will help very much, taking down all the skeletons to get to Gwyn fast. You could debate that he could kill all the skeletons permanently due to him being......well, the holiest thing in existence, though he is hollowed and lacking influence in the world. And just because I am having some pity on the Ol' Sack of Bones Nito, I'll just say that they respawn, and neither Gwyn or Nito has occult or holy modifiers against each other. Gwyn is too fast to be stunlocked by simple Skeletons, though would take a bit of a beating everytime he kills the skeletons to get to Nito. But what to factor in, is his extremely aggressive nature. Out of all the bosses he can dish out the biggest amount of DPS. As well as the fact that fire is fairly effective against Nito, and that Gwyn being small(compared to most things) Nito is going to miss a lot. So giving this to Gwyn.
    I was thinking those big skeletons would be the stun lockers, three small skeletons plus three big skeletons. I don't believe Gwyn can handle that and Nito using the stab scream (or whatever it is called.) And Nito isn't actually all that weak to fire surprisingly. He's weakest to it, but it's still not the most effective. And even then, Gwyn's sword does mostly do physical damage. And truthfully, what with toxic buildup, it seems much more stacked towards Nito.

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm gonna lean towards gwyn. He's got nice range on attacks to deal with the skellies, and we all know that in a straight slug fest (which gwyn's aggressiveness would cause), gwyn would win.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Nito can't parry. Have you ever tried fighting Gwyn without parrying? It makes him a legitimately difficult boss.

Nito is an easy boss, Gwyn isn't. Gwyn may be hollowed, but Nito just wakes up from a nap when you fight him, and trying to do things when you're half asleep is probably more difficult.
    But really, Gwyn wins in both lore and gameplay, as stated before me.

When you stand by the Gate of Death
    And you have to tear free
    I shall follow you
    Across the Resounding Bridge with my song

You will be free from the bonds that bind you
    You are free from the bonds that bound you.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Sneezer wrote:Nito can't parry. Have you ever tried fighting Gwyn without parrying? It makes him a legitimately difficult boss.

Nito is an easy boss, Gwyn isn't. Gwyn may be hollowed, but Nito just wakes up from a nap when you fight him, and trying to do things when you're half asleep is probably more difficult.
    That's even more of a reason why Nito would win. If Nito is only half asleep then he would totally dominate over Gwyn then.

SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Sneezer wrote:Nito can't parry. Have you ever tried fighting Gwyn without parrying? It makes him a legitimately difficult boss.

That's even more of a reason why Nito would win. If Nito is only half asleep then he would totally dominate over Gwyn then.
    I believe that was meant as a joke.

And to you Sneezer.
    Spoiler:

Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:47 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:

I believe that was meant as a joke.

And to you Sneezer.
    Spoiler:
    I was pretty sure it was a joke, but if it wasn't a joke, I wanted to be able to use for it my argument.

ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 pm

You fought over Nito without me? This is an abomination..... I was Nito's favourite son.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:44 am

I'm voting for Nito.

Nito can actually think, unlike Gwyn who's hollowed out right now.

If Gwyn jumps to Nito at the beginning of the match like he loves to do whenever we go after him, Nito can tank the hit, back away and have his minions surround and trap Gwyn then proceed to do the Gravelord Sword miracle on Gwyn to stunlock.
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:28 am

I was *THIS* close to hand it to Nito, until I remembered that Nito is weak against fire, and Gwyn's sword is quite literally made of fire. This advantage, combined with Gwyn's very aggressive AI, makes him a clear winner in my experience.
    At first I would declare Nito the victor, due to his goons and the damage he deal himself (although, who have ever actually been hit by Nito himself?).

Lorewise, I don't even think I have to go into details. Nito with his mighty lord soul, against Gwyn and his ALL mighty lord soul. Hollow or not, Gwyn is stronger lorewise.
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:08 am

I'm going to give it to Nito because lore wise I've seen nothing the concretely says one was stronger than the other. Gwyn certainly had more friends but honestly we know very little about Nito in the early days. He could unleash a miasma of death and disease, had a damn good sword and based on Pinwheel could repeatedly bring skeletons back to life which means he might have been able to bring himself back to life since he/a collection of bodies were dead before they bonded with the Lord Soul right? I honestly feel like Nito would have been stronger in a 1v1 fight.

After both are extremely weakened later on I think the skellies would swing it along with Nitos miracles.

Post by Say Xbox Again on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Let's break this down

Nito and Gwyn both have a grab, but Nito is too big to grab, so he has the advantage there.

Nito and Gwyn both have swords. Nito has a slight range advantage, but worse tracking, and Gwyn's sword is on fire, which Nito is weak to. Gwyn has the better weapon.

Nito is slow and tanky, while Gwyn has less poise and health but can run and dodge. This invalidates Nito's floor stab. 

The Great Lord could probably one-shot the skeletons, not to mention Nito killing them himself with his attacks. THe skeletons are not a problem.

I would love to vote for Nito, because Gwyn as a boss kind of sucks, but the High Lord just has too many advantages.

:mask-sack: Welp, time to hit the sack.
    TomBombadil515*
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TomBombadil515* on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:29 pm

I think Gwyn would defeat Nito. Sure Nito has his skeleton servants by his side, but Gwyn has an advantage over them-- his sword has long reach. Second, since Nito's weakness is fire; Gwyn's sword is imbued with fire. And one last advantage Gwyn has over Nito is that he is more agile-- very agile actually.

:white-stone: 

Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Fine, Gwyn wins with a score of 12 to 4. 

Next Round. 

Belfry Gargoyles vs Sanctuary Guardian. 

Seems obvious, but then again, it is two vs one, and we know how great an advantage numbers are. But it's only two vs one for part of the fight. And then the second joins with no tail and half health. 

And well the gargoyles do get fire which the guardian is weak too.

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:41 pm

I haven't fought the Sanctuary Guardian too many times but I'm pretty sure it would dodge a lot of their attacks and fly around them shooting lightning. Not entirely sure on this one so I'll look at other arguments before voting but it seems to me he'd have the advantage.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Like all DLC bosses, he has loads of aggression. Sanctuary Guardian wins in damage, range, overall health, attack style........Pretty one sided. Doubt the numbers of the gargoyles would do much. Vote is for the Guardian.

Also, the Guardian is weak to fire, but Gargoyles are extremely weak to lightning.

Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:55 pm

The sanctuary Guardian on this one. The gargoyles were a pain the first time I fought them, until I realized what the added lighting damage was capable of. As previously mentioned (The sanctuary Guardian vs The Gaping Dragon), the Guardian is one spam happy douche. Lighting, upon lighting. Plus, the gargoyles pathetic health doesn't exactly up their chances of winning this fight.

Also, the Guardian moves around a lot, and is capable of tanking at least one hit from the first gargoyle, without staggering, allowing it to deal a TON of damage. Maybe even enough to kill the first gargoyle off right away. The second gargoyle won't take more then a few seconds, either.

The Guardian simply cannot lose this one.
    Say Xbox Again

Post by Say Xbox Again on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:16 pm

The Gargoyles are just weak. Period. Their HP is too tiny, and their reach can't compare with the Guardian.

Sanctuary Guardian op wins

:mask-sack: Welp, time to hit the sack.
    BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Santuary Guardian, the Gargoyles attack too slowly to really do anything since the Santuary Guardian hops around the place like a monkey on steroids. Also, I bet that the Gargoyles would die in two to three blasts of the Santuary Guardian's lightning bolts.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Fine, I won't even wait for the poll to be up this time.

Sanctuary Guardian wins against the Gargoyles. 

Next round would be Kalameet vs Pinwheel.

Too obvious Kalameet Wins.

Round after that, Priscilla vs Iron Golem.

BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm not too sure who would win... On one hand Priscilla can go invisible and the arena probably doesn't have any snow for her footprints to be seen. On the other, Priscilla also attacks pretty slowly and the Iron Golem can't bleed.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 pm

I think Iron Golem would win, super high resistance to bleeding, (I'm pretty sure it can bleed, it's just ridiculously high) and it's long sweeping attacks. Slow but it doesn't really matter because Priscilla is a slow attacker as well.

BloodTempest
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodTempest on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 pm

It doesn't make sense for the Iron Golem to bleed though, it's like a medieval robot being powered by a bone of an Everlasting Dragon. (Someone needs to grab an unupgraded katana and R1 spam it to see if it bleeds)

Regardless of that, I'd say that the Iron Golem narrowly wins the fight.
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Lion, goat, scorpion, eagle, thing that spits lightning and wind blasts, against one and a half lumbering stone bats that spit fire. Sanctuary Guardian is fierce, fast, agile, and deadly. The Gargs can be tricky with their attacks, but are generally easy to circle and smack with impunity. Not considering the stats and weaknesses of the two, I figure the Guardian would win anyway.
    I'd say the Sanctuary Guardian has a better theme too, so that just seals it.

EDIT: Oh, okay, looks like the matchup changed while I was posting. Awks.

The Iron Giant versus half dragon, weird eyebrow scythe lady. Pris can be staggered, and doesn't attack frequently. The golem is immune to bleed, so there goes most of her damage. The golem has large, sweeping, hard hitting attacks, and Priscilla isn't exactly agile. Since his attacks are so wide, I doubt Priscilla's invisibility would have much effect regardless.
    Iron Man wins over delusional, Repunzel, scythe lady.

When you stand by the Gate of Death
    And you have to tear free
    I shall follow you
    Across the Resounding Bridge with my song

You will be free from the bonds that bind you
    You are free from the bonds that bound you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:24 am