Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reaperfan
Yukon
barecanvas
PlasticandRage
8 posters

Uhh...what?

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Uhh...what? Empty Uhh...what?

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:03 pm

So I just got invaded in the Catacombs by a sorcerer build. I was right near the beginning so I figured I'd run back to the room that's right across the first bridge, the one with the skeleton on the raised platform shooting arrows, and meet the invader head on there, so that if I died my soul remnants wouldn't be far from the bonfire. So she comes plugging along up the bridge, I bow, she charges me, runs right past me and down the hall behind me, I'm just standing there looking at the entrance to the corridor, she runs back out a minute later naked with no weapon equipped and bows facing away from me. Essentially providing me with her back. So I stepped back and gave her a shrug. I don't want to be invaded for the easy win, I want an epic battle, that's why we play DS isn't it? So she turned around, waved at me, then turned back around and bowed away from me again, so I clobbered her with the Great Clubs R2 attack for the one hit kill. A minute later got a PSN message saying "Good Luck!" Is there any reason invading and being killed on purpose could be
    beneficial for anyone? I don't understand the logic here. I'm kind of
    dumb founded to be honest.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Uhh...what? Empty Re: Uhh...what?

Post by barecanvas Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:07 pm

She probably mean good luck on this stage of the game. ToTG sucks!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeah but why go out of your way to invade and then basically kill yourself by way of the other player? That's really all she did. It's not like she dumped a ton of souls on me either. I think I got less than 1,000 for killing her.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Was she doing the proper bow? Cause I hear that looks pretty offensive backwards haha.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Ya know I'm not sure. I think so actually. I was pretty dumb struck at the time.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:05 pm

If she really was doing it to be helpful, then it sounds like she was doing it as a way to donate a humanity to you. She might just be "donating" humanity to everyone she invades, since being summoned in the Catacombs is very unreliable and even then you would have to have the actual Humanity item to drop. Doing this just sounds like a way to guarantee someone gets 1 humanity :|
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Just seems like a lot of trouble to go through to give someone you don't even know 1 humanity. I guess I can't speak for everyone but I generally like to think that I have better things to do.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate getting humanity and I always enjoy the opportunity to club a woman in the back of the head with a large piece of wood. Ah life is good
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:15 am

Probably trying to NOT be a ****. Some invaders stop as soon as they realise its not a spawn-camping masked giant with lightning weapons and WoG.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 am

Yeah I usually help people out if I see they aren't looking for duels or are just farmers. "She" was probably just trying to be nice seeing that you weren't with some phantom trying to gank for whatever reason.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:57 am

Yeah sounds like she was mooning you, which I find more funny than insulting. Also, how were you geared? Did you look like a noob? One possibility is that by invading, she was intentionally occupying the spot of a real invader and giving you that ~10-15 minute window where nobody else can invade you, in order to get you through the level. I occasionally do this in high invasion areas; invade and then either black crystal out immediately, or hang around for a while if the host looks like they need help. That way no other dwraiths can get in.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:57 am

Maybe you should have messaged the player asking the same question. Just saying. Proper Bow

Last edited by DxV04 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed imagine backwards statement hehe)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 am