Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Share
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Tolvo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:53 pm

    How many of you guys actually wish you were mods?
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by WaffleGuy on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:14 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    WaffleGuy wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Please stay on topic and don't discuss stuff like that in here.
    It was a genuine question. I thought we could ask eachother questions here? xP

    But anyways, how and why did you become a moderator Serious? Not that I'm requesting to become one, just interested. silly
    I'm requesting to be mod....... Pretty Please????


    So waffle. why the username waffleguy?
    I already posted this a few pages back. I'll just copy it from there:
    "As for my name, you might know Belgium has some stereotypical products? It includes beer, sprouts, chocolate and also waffles. I would've come up with a better name, but I somehow resort to waffles when I lack inspiration. My youtube name (which I'll put in a spoiler since it has a cussword in it):
    Spoiler:
    ThatFuckingWaffle
    It's more lame than anything really. My gamertag has 'Wafel' in it, which is Dutch for waffle. I'm not even obsessed with it or anything. I swear."


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:16 pm

    Oh sorry, It's just so hard to make sure I read every single post, I try, but sometimes I miss some.


    Why won't people ask me questions?

    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by WaffleGuy on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:17 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Oh sorry, It's just so hard to make sure I read every single post, I try, but sometimes I miss some.


    Why won't people ask me questions?
    What question would you like? cheers


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:22 pm

    Tolvo wrote:How many of you guys actually wish you were mods?
    I USUALLY handle myself well in the chat. At one point a ton of spam, and inappropriate posts were in the chat. I was against that in the chat.
    Still happens from time to time. But not like it used to.

    I think I would be a better Chat mod than a Forum mod. But that's not my choice. That's the admins and mods choice.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:14 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Oh sorry, It's just so hard to make sure I read every single post, I try, but sometimes I miss some.


    Why won't people ask me questions?
    Where have you traveled in the past?

    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:14 pm

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Oh sorry, It's just so hard to make sure I read every single post, I try, but sometimes I miss some.


    Why won't people ask me questions?
    Where have you traveled in the past?
    Canada, and that's it. I hate vacations. Where have you gone?

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:19 pm

    In the US? NYC and pretty much the entire SE, south of NC and east of AR.

    Foreign travels? Brazil, I was actually born there, so I go there a lot and Argentina (very young for that one, though)

    avatar
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1643
    Reputation : 95
    Join date : 2012-06-09
    Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by bunnywink on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:33 pm

    Tolvo, have you ever considered becoming a mod?


    _________________
    PSN ID: bunnywink

    . STAR HARMONIA .
    AKA. 'Sparkly-Shiny-Rainbow Glitter' Prism Stone covenant
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:24 pm

    I've got another question.

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Why won't people ask me questions?


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:28 pm

    Vinyl Scratch wrote:I've got another question.

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Why won't people ask me questions?
    Vinyl, Do you actually like the taste of Spam? Have you tried it? 


    (This is not a spam question, I'm serious)

    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:31 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Vinyl Scratch wrote:I've got another question.

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Why won't people ask me questions?
    Vinyl, Do you actually like the taste of Spam? Have you tried it? 


    (This is not a spam question, I'm serious)
    SPAM is nasty, I've tried it.
    Thank you for asking a question.

    Anyone else got a question?


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 373
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2013-05-21
    Age : 24
    Location : NZ

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Hart on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:55 pm

    Tolvo wrote:How many of you guys actually wish you were mods?
    I do. A chat mod specifically.
    When I first signed up here, my attitude was slightly arrogant (in hindsight, IMO) and I sometimes ran my mouth without taking the time to read up on what had prompted an issue to get to the point it had. Doing so won me a few curt replies in my first couple of days, but since they were totally justified it was allgood.
    I also have what you might describe as an 'immature' sense of humor, and when I first discovered the chat I'd often overstep the line of what is common decency here with sexual innuendo and jokes (if SirArchMage is lurking this thread he'll know exactly what I'm talking about).
    With the former I found people here willing to overlook my hot-headedness and still continue with an intelligent discussion if they could tell I genuinely understood why they had a problem with something I had said, and was making the effort to correct my behaviour.
    With the latter, once I got a better idea of what kind of community we have here as well as where the line is drawn in terms of good-taste in that aspect, I toned down all of my posts in the chat. And while I still enjoy joking around with Capa, I also try to help out the new guys to the forum by linking threads relevant to their questions there (it also helps prevent more of those redundant threads cropping up) or just leading people through parts of the game they've found themselves stuck at.
    Both of these changes came about because I better understood the character of the people here, and because I want to be viewed as someone who, while still being able to have a joke around/knowing when someone is just having fun, can also give some direction to new people here.
    But all that are things I can do as a regular user, being a chat-mod would just mean I could actually /kick people etc. when their comments were obviously hurting someone else's feelings or were plainly going against the rules. And if I'm totally honest, theres generally a mod/chat-mod online who could be notified to pop in and provide an authoratative presence in the chatbox, if it seemed we who were already in there couldn't sort it out ourselves.
    So while I would really like to have those privileges (these hands look wrong enough twisted ) I know we don't NEED another one yet, so theres no point making a fuss about it since its another hassle the staff don't need.

    >not sure if you wanted an answer, or were just making a point but 'tis the reason for this thread so big grin

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:So waffle. why the username waffleguy?
    Please see:

    WaffleGuy wrote:As for my name, you might know Belgium has some stereotypical products? It includes beer, sprouts, chocolate and also waffles. I would've come up with a better name, but I somehow resort to waffles when I lack inspiration. My youtube name (which I'll put in a spoiler since it has a cussword in it):
    Spoiler:
    ThatFuckingWaffle
    It's more lame than anything really. My gamertag has 'Wafel' in it, which is Dutch for waffle. I'm not even obsessed with it or anything. I swear.
    >mfw all I post here are giant-a$$ walls of text


    Last edited by Hart on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________

    Smile, it confuses people.
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:56 pm

    Hart wrote:

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:So waffle. why the username waffleguy?
    Please see:

    WaffleGuy wrote:As for my name, you might know Belgium has some stereotypical products? It includes beer, sprouts, chocolate and also waffles. I would've come up with a better name, but I somehow resort to waffles when I lack inspiration. My youtube name (which I'll put in a spoiler since it has a cussword in it):
    Spoiler:
    ThatFuckingWaffle
    It's more lame than anything really. My gamertag has 'Wafel' in it, which is Dutch for waffle. I'm not even obsessed with it or anything. I swear.
    Yeah, I had somehow missed that earlier. I try to notice them all, but I miss some.

    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by WaffleGuy on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Hart wrote:

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:So waffle. why the username waffleguy?
    Please see:

    WaffleGuy wrote:As for my name, you might know Belgium has some stereotypical products? It includes beer, sprouts, chocolate and also waffles. I would've come up with a better name, but I somehow resort to waffles when I lack inspiration. My youtube name (which I'll put in a spoiler since it has a cussword in it):
    Spoiler:
    ThatFuckingWaffle
    It's more lame than anything really. My gamertag has 'Wafel' in it, which is Dutch for waffle. I'm not even obsessed with it or anything. I swear.
    Yeah, I had somehow missed that earlier. I try to notice them all, but I miss some.
    No one misses the angry egghead. Fear me.

    So what kind of career would you fancy later? (Besides being moderator)


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 pm

    Either a Vet, or a Child Psychologist.


    Not implying children are pets of course.

    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by WaffleGuy on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:18 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Either a Vet, or a Child Psychologist.


    Not implying children are pets of course.
    Sure rolling eyes 

    Guessing you occupied yourself with animal(toy)s at a young age? Or were you also into insects and dinosaurs like me?
    (Sorry for repeating myself)


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Tolvo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 pm

    Yep it was a question to answer.

    I have considered being a mod, in the past Emergence has suggested I try out for it when they were accepting applicants.  Maybe one day since during times like this where the number of moderators is a bit low, and especially in the future when DkS2 is released it might be a good idea.  I'm just unsure about it since people will treat me differently likely, for better or worse.  

    Plus I'd lose my title!
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:56 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Yep it was a question to answer.

    I have considered being a mod, in the past Emergence has suggested I try out for it when they were accepting applicants.  Maybe one day since during times like this where the number of moderators is a bit low, and especially in the future when DkS2 is released it might be a good idea.  I'm just unsure about it since people will treat me differently likely, for better or worse.  

    Plus I'd lose my title!
    Town Crier.

    What does that reference to?


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Tolvo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:00 pm

    A town crier brings things to the attention of others publicly.

    I have a thread which points people in the direction of various resources, I often post things in the DkS2 forum about new interviews and specifically things from the Facebook page for Dark Souls that have yet to be posted.  Sometimes I post videos with things that have been unseen by most and I also bring things to the attention of the mods.  When there is an issue on the forum I sometimes make threads about it and speak publicly to the members about what is going on.

    Basically, I'm a Town Crier.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by twigsterxd on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 pm

    At Tolvo's mod question. I've had my own forum and some of the things I do here, I know some people are complaining that I act like a mod. To those people, SORRY BUT I'M DOING WUT WAS ASKED OF ME.
    I would want to be a blue mod mainly because since I've been here, I've noticed a lot of things. Things that even our mods don't see. I just found out yesterday that a blue mod can mod both chat and threads and I see the chat un-modded quite a bit late at night.

    As for Hart - Sorry bro, I disagree that you would make a good mod. Only because you have too much of a good relationship with a lot of the people in chat and you break the rules just like a few of them do.


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going
    avatar
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 373
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2013-05-21
    Age : 24
    Location : NZ

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Hart on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:10 pm

    twigsterxd wrote:As for Hart - Sorry bro, I disagree that you would make a good mod. Only because you have too much of a good relationship with a lot of the people in chat and you break the rules just like a few of them do.
    Lol this ^^^ all of this.

    The main reason I didn't say I'd be a 'good' choice for the job silly

    @ Twigster, question thread and such. What was your other forum about? You might have told me before but if you have I've forgotten.


    Last edited by Hart on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrote thread instead of forum cause I'm a scatterbrain)


    _________________

    Smile, it confuses people.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by twigsterxd on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:16 pm

    Hart wrote:
    twigsterxd wrote:As for Hart - Sorry bro, I disagree that you would make a good mod. Only because you have too much of a good relationship with a lot of the people in chat and you break the rules just like a few of them do.
    Lol this ^^^ all of this.

    The main reason I didn't say I'd be a 'good' choice for the job silly

    @ Twigster, question thread and such. What was your other forum about? You might have told me before but if you have I've forgotten.
    Don't think you were there. It was around the time that Invision, (the creators of this forum software), started out. We had quite a few sites that allowed people to download music, movies etc. We got shut down because in the UK it was illegal for P2P, (peer to peer), downloading. That's when torrents came out and someone mentioned good ol' Pirate Bay big grin
    avatar
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4317
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2013-05-12
    Age : 20
    Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Encore on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:18 am

    @T
    Wit
    I think that's interesting ^^ So, to continue that topic: How long did that forum last?

    Oh, and a call back to the mod question I would like to be a Chat mod, but I am AWFUL mod material silly


    _________________
    It is all like the repeating drip of thickening oil...

    Song of Myself
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Mr. Tart on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:19 am

    Vinyl Scratch wrote:I've got another question.

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Why won't people ask me questions?

    A question for everyone; what's the reason behind your username?


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:37 pm