Your First Time Playing. Impossible?

Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Re: Your First Time Playing. Impossible?

Post by Thedeadships on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 pm

I beat it on my first character, however I was probably close to around SL 130 lol hours and hours of grinding humanity in dukes...
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Beat both Demon and Dark with my first character.
    I'm the kind that never gives up. I can be stuck in the same place for months but if I like the game enough I will end it, or I'll die (for real) trying.
    Demon around SL70 : Full run in soul form without rolling (I hated it and weren't confortable enough with it). I was stupid.... But I liked it
    Dark around SL75 I may have tryed 4 kings more than 50 times, S&O a good 20 times, Gwyn was hard too the first time.

quench
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by quench on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:15 am

First character aggro'd the crestfallen warrior after arriving from undead asylum and we both fell to our death (luckily for me lol) didn't have a clue what souls were for so was constantly losing them didn't know you could upgrade weapons so my finished character was a ng+ sl143 70str black knight sword wielding joke only when I started trying to pvp and lurking in the forum that I realised that I was doing something wrong lol still got him saved and when I look back I laugh at what a amazing mess he is. ....I really do miss him and his 30 resistance Look Skyward

"she has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirit a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird" REVELATION 17:14  :weap-magic:
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:07 pm

I beat it with the first because I basically built the same one I had in DS.  Glass cannon mage.  It was only on subsequent plays that I realized how much versatility there is with different builds.

mikeiothegreat

Post by mikeiothegreat on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:35 am

I beat it a couple of weeks ago on my first playthrough.  Now I'm selling my 360 and have a PS3, last night booted Demon's Souls for the very first time.  Wow, it looks very very awesome, kind of different but the mechanics are very similar.
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:26 pm

I came to Dark Souls completely cold.  I'm talking about so oblivious to basic gameplay mechanics that I didn't think there was any point to rolling (didn't even know there were i-frames) and didn't understand what shield stability did.  So basically I just tried to block stuff with shields that couldn't block anything.  Just trying to switch to offhand weapons or gear was a struggle.  Oh, and I picked it up months after it had come out, so other folks had had plenty of time to get pro, and greet me in the burg with their maxxed out gear.  You can imagine the horror.

I did eventually figure it out and beat the game on my first char, a classic mess of a build with points in resistance, no poise or good spells, etc.  And then later platinumed Dks and went back and platinumed Demon's Souls, with much owed to this wiki and folks on the forum.    Part of me secretly hopes they make huge gameplay changes for DkS II just so I can re-experience that feeling of utter helplessness and desolation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:49 pm