Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
ResIsBestStat
skarekrow13
Wilkinson3424
KrazykevS10
tinypantha
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
11 posters

getting ready for the zombie apocalypse

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

getting ready for the zombie apocalypse Empty getting ready for the zombie apocalypse

Post by RANT Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:59 pm

So I wanna get a sword, maybe a hand and a half sword and I want a good one, not a crappy one that won't up to countless times of head chopping. Any one here that knows of websites that have good sword that have actually used them and know they're reliable? Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

getting ready for the zombie apocalypse Empty Re: getting ready for the zombie apocalypse

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Know something I don't know?cool 
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

getting ready for the zombie apocalypse Empty Re: getting ready for the zombie apocalypse

Post by tinypantha Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:04 pm

"has anyone ever killed a zombie with a zombie killing sword and can give me some rating on how well they held up? I would love to know how many zombies they can kill so when zombies exist i can fight them"
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Better safe than sorry pendant, also, get on the chat more often.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Don't forget to build a secret underground bunker to stop the government spying on you.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 pm

I'll just lock my door, and continue playing dark souls.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Sounds like you're looking for a European blade. Can't help you (unless you live really close to me). For Japanese swords I used to know a site but it's apparently out of business.

I have a very nice ax that will work. Not that it benefits you in any way...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Depends, I'm in NYC. And yeah I was looking into European swords since they're awesome, where it's mil when you need her.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:02 am

Melee combat is HORRIBLE against zombies.

You have a better chance of surviving if you get a local handgun at your local gun store, an RPG-7 also works.

Remember to also buy a meat shooting gun so that when you shoot it at a zombie all the other zombies with him will eat him because of the meaty goodness in the bullet!
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:39 am

Actually,the best thing you could get to survive is knife-proof/slash resistant clothing.Teeth are not sharper than a blade,no matter what movies say. I might also point out that a sword is not a good weapon,it will be easily nicked while cutting through bone. An axe or hammer (I mean weapons,not tools) may be a little harder to use but they make up for it with durability. What use is a weapon that will not last? Bullets do not grow on trees and I doubt you will want to replace your weapon after a week.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 am

Kev a good swordsman can cut with even the dullest blade
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:37 am

White Knight Wulf wrote:Kev a good swordsman can cut with even the dullest blade
    Maybe in some of dat anime, but in real life you either get your sword stuck in bone or pull it out and find out that it's broken
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:34 pm

I love these kinds of threads. So much trolling/or just really horribly uninformed people who THINK they know.

a sword will really not help you out. Wont Hurt to have but i'I'd rather an axe as well. And, if your old enough and responsible (which I'd imagine its a 50/50 split here) a gun is obviously the better choice. Ammo may not grow on trees but you can stockpile. I've got almost 1000 rounds now, it rotates alota lot usually only have 500 or so. And if your a good shot it'll last.

BUT, this is a horrible thought. If your buying a weapon to fight 'zombies', please dont buy a gun because chances are your not mature enough. It is a very dangerous.thing

i highly suggest a full tang sword if your certain you want a sword. It will last much longer and typically requires more quality than a sword simply attached to a hilt/handle
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:57 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:I love these kinds of threads. So much trolling/or just really horribly uninformed people who THINK they know.

a sword will really not help you out. Wont Hurt to have but i'I'd rather an axe as well. And, if your old enough and responsible (which I'd imagine its a 50/50 split here) a gun is obviously the better choice. Ammo may not grow on trees but you can stockpile. I've got almost 1000 rounds now, it rotates alota lot usually only have 500 or so. And if your a good shot it'll last.

BUT, this is a horrible thought. If your buying a weapon to fight 'zombies', please dont buy a gun because chances are your not mature enough. It is a very dangerous.thing

i highly suggest a full tang sword if your certain you want a sword. It will last much longer and typically requires more quality than a sword simply attached to a hilt/handle
    1000 rounds? I'd only need one round for my plans for the zombie apocalypse...
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Actually no not in just anime irl as well depending on the sword, quality of the blade, and sharpness of the blade
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 pm

A quality sword can cost thousands of dollars. Unless you go for the knock off made in India swords which is what most people buy out of magazine's and try to pass them off as legit to friends. What if the zombies don't need to bite you to infect, what if they could infect you just by looking at you. Like the Mexican staring frog. High powered rifle with a high powered scope. If your worried about ammo learn how to load your own. Nowadays its harder to do since DHS bought all the Damn primers. Seriously though if you choose to get a fire arm and don't have any experience take a firearm safety class it could save you or someone else's life.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:I love these kinds of threads. So much trolling/or just really horribly uninformed people who THINK they know.

I realize that by naming this thread the way I did I would expect troll posts but I was also hoping that there'd be people that would get it and actually knew about swords and had experience with them, at least a couple of people were helpful.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Tell me what you're in the market for and price range and I bet I could name suggestions. If you have no experience and want to train with a weapon start with wood. If it's a showpiece just get what looks cool.

Edit: Also. If you can somehow convince me you won't use them, I can suggest several awesome things that are (relatively) easy to make.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:04 am

RANT wrote:

I realize that by naming this thread the way I did I would expect troll posts but I was also hoping that there'd be people that would get it and actually knew about swords and had experience with them, at least a couple of people were helpful.

i may have been a bit on the negative side. i may have shot down your idea a bit. but i did still give advice. 

FULL TANG.

full tang will be much more dependable. i have a few swords, 8 or 9. 3 are full tang, the rest are just decorative.the full tang are solid, not sure they would deal to well with a human skeleton as i have not tried. but they cut into wood, but only into. getting it back is a struggle. as it is not intended for that, i can fault it. i still say get a gun.

want a website.   trueswords.com     they have full tang battle ready section, but you will see most of it is decorative. so look carefully. you get what you pay for. i dont highly recommend this site, but i have a few from it. there was another sight, with swords more around the 1k-2k mark in cost. and i'd expect those to be very high quality. but i dont pay that much for a rifle so im not about to for a decorative sword, fully functioning or not. good luck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm