Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Share

    Wimpylightning

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-08-30

    Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Wimpylightning on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:26 pm

    I was invading in the forest, hoping to fight gankers or 1v1 or anything, really. Just looking for a fight. I found a ganker, but he and his phantom immediately started attacking me. I thought "okay, bad luck. Try again." Invaded the same guy. Same thing happened. On Xbox 360, how do I stop from invading the same person over and over? It has happened many times with hackers/cheaters/modders/gankers, and I continue to invade the same people daily and it is very annoying. How do I stop invading those specific people?
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:46 pm

    Go to a different area, invade there and then, if you still want to be in that other area, go back.

    Don't take it as gospel, but this is what's always worked for me.

    You could also try "Avoiding" them because, might as well. Takes very little effort to do so.


    Wimpylightning

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-08-30

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Wimpylightning on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:48 pm

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Go to a different area, invade there and then, if you still want to be in that other area, go back.

    Don't take it as gospel, but this is what's always worked for me.

    You could also try "Avoiding" them because, might as well. Takes very little effort to do so.
    On Xbox there is no "Avoid" option on player profiles, and I've tried going to different areas and returning to the forest later but they're still there. Wait a day and go back, still there. They're always there...
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 pm

    Wimpylightning wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Go to a different area, invade there and then, if you still want to be in that other area, go back.

    Don't take it as gospel, but this is what's always worked for me.

    You could also try "Avoiding" them because, might as well. Takes very little effort to do so.
    On Xbox there is no "Avoid" option on player profiles, and I've tried going to different areas and returning to the forest later but they're still there. Wait a day and go back, still there. They're always there...
    There's something similar if you go rate them, I don't remember what it is though.

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:51 pm

    If you're actually taking days off and you're getting the same people then I don't know, I guess the game decided to link up your connection very strongly with those guys.

    And "Avoid" does come up when you file a complaint against a player's GT. A judge's gavel will pop up and Microsoft will tell you the complaint has been filed and the player is question is now an avoided player.


    ICTHAT

    Posts : 11
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-08-25
    Location : england

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by ICTHAT on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:55 am

    avoid doesnt seem to work on 360 nor putting a complaint against the player as im still getting invaded by someone using magic thats not in game
    avatar
    redwingsoverbaron
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 24
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-08-31
    Location : Wilmington NC, US

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by redwingsoverbaron on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:50 am

    avoiding works, its not 100% though. it just reduces the encounter rate. I used to spam it in the forest until I realized just what that place really was. It's not necessarily being a ****, if you keep invading a hacker/ganker/super mega high sl guy, then.... not much else you can do.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by twigsterxd on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:12 am

    Wimpylightning wrote:I was invading in the forest, hoping to fight gankers or 1v1 or anything, really. Just looking for a fight. I found a ganker, but he and his phantom immediately started attacking me. I thought "okay, bad luck. Try again." Invaded the same guy. Same thing happened. On Xbox 360, how do I stop from invading the same person over and over? It has happened many times with hackers/cheaters/modders/gankers, and I continue to invade the same people daily and it is very annoying. How do I stop invading those specific people?
    Since I'm PS3 I'm not sure about this. Can you block people? When I was always invaded by the same annoying person, I would block them so they can't invade me anymore. Since you're invading, try to block them and you won't connect to them again
    avatar
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 215
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-03-21
    Age : 26
    Location : UK

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Pilgrim34 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:25 am

    That would be the best option, although it's worth bearing in mind that you can still encounter a player that you've blocked if they are summoned into someone else's world and you are an invader, I've had this happen a few times with hackers so in this case it's best to just disconnect.


    _________________

    Wimpylightning

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-08-30

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Wimpylightning on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:00 pm

    twigsterxd wrote:
    Wimpylightning wrote:I was invading in the forest, hoping to fight gankers or 1v1 or anything, really. Just looking for a fight. I found a ganker, but he and his phantom immediately started attacking me. I thought "okay, bad luck. Try again." Invaded the same guy. Same thing happened. On Xbox 360, how do I stop from invading the same person over and over? It has happened many times with hackers/cheaters/modders/gankers, and I continue to invade the same people daily and it is very annoying. How do I stop invading those specific people?
    Since I'm PS3 I'm not sure about this. Can you block people? When I was always invaded by the same annoying person, I would block them so they can't invade me anymore. Since you're invading, try to block them and you won't connect to them again
    Unfortunately there is no block options unless they send you a message, but that's only blocking communications i.e they can't send any messages etc.
    avatar
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 106
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-01-19

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by theGentleman on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:55 pm

    Like those prior to me have mentioned, placing them on your "Avoid" list works to a degree but another possibility is closing out the game to the start menu and then starting it up again - this has a strong possibility of placing you on a different server than the gank squad and you won't see them again.

    There's only about a dozen slots open on servers in this game (I believe) and so long as there are more than that many people in the forest than reloading the game should keep you from running into the same people.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:40 pm

    Its p2p, no servers.


    PS button, friends, players met, their name, block. No message required, and I've never played against someone I've blocked in DKS, though I haven't tested it either


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

    Wimpylightning

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-08-30

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Wimpylightning on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:Its p2p, no servers.


    PS button, friends, players met, their name, block. No message required, and I've never played against someone I've blocked in DKS, though I haven't tested it either
    There is no PS button on XBox 360.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:57 pm

    Get a small paintbrush and make one then.

    I used to just quit and reload the game and I'd be in a different group but not sure what's going on with your connection

    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 am

    Just go to their profile,click submit player review and pick a reason why you want to.I tend to go to unsporting conduct myself. I don't know if it affects matchmaking on Dark Souls but they can see that they've been negatively reviewed on their rep. I don't reserve this method for PVP,I go to town when I get a summon with non-legit stats which happens more often than you'd think.

    Alternatively,going back to the main menu and re-loading your save may put you in a different matchmaking group.


    _________________
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 23
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by hey its andres on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 am

    As other have said, there is a feature on xbox that explicitly says "avoid player."
    Try a different area, try a different time, or kill them. Those are your options really. There's no none way of preventing yourself from invading a specific person.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  

    Sponsored content

    Re: Invading the same people over and over and over...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am