Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Ascending the Sanctus

ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Ascending the Sanctus Empty Ascending the Sanctus

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Greetings forum members. It's Res here and I'm here to discuss about a peculiar thing.

Earlier in the Dark Souls Character Planner I was testing the amount of percentage boosts shields get when you ascend them, the latest shield that I tested was the Sanctus.

However the Sanctus was very particular because ascending it caused many strange effects.

We know that the Sanctus has 95% physical 40% magical 70% fire and 50% lightning resistance.

I then proceeded to ascend the Sanctus to divine and magic, of course nothing changed as usual.

But when I ascended the Sanctus to the fire upgrade path, predicting it will receive a slight boost in fire resistance, I was surprised that lightning resistance increased instead from 50% to 84%

I then proceeded to ascend the Sanctus to lightning, only to find out that the lightning resistance had decreased to 0%, something incredibly strange since no shield in Dark Souls has a 0% resistance rating, along with the fact that ascending the Sanctus to lightning decreases lightning resistance instead of improving it.

Of course the character planner might be faulty, but since I am on vacation, I cannot test it on Dark Souls myself, so I ask you....

Does the Sanctus really change like this when it ascends?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Ascending the Sanctus Empty Re: Ascending the Sanctus

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:15 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Sanctus
    How it is supposed to work.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am