Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
twigsterxd
Hatsune Miku
SadPanda
7 posters

What should I buy?

Poll

Options in OP

[ 2 ]
    What should I buy? I_vote_lcap14%What should I buy? I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What should I buy? I_vote_lcap29%What should I buy? I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What should I buy? I_vote_lcap0%What should I buy? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    What should I buy? I_vote_lcap50%What should I buy? I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What should I buy? I_vote_lcap7%What should I buy? I_vote_rcap [7%] 

Total Votes: 14
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What should I buy? Empty What should I buy?

Post by SadPanda Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:22 pm

I have about 150$ coming my way next week and I was wondering if I could get a couple opinions on what I should buy.

1. 3DS or Vita
    2. Pre-order for GTAV
    3. A couple cheap 360 games (Hitman Absolution, Forza Horizon, a game with good online co-op). Hitman and Forza both have a lot of replayability for me
    4. Save up for something else
    5. Other

I usually blow my money on bad purchases so I'd like to get some more opinions. I also have some stuff laying around that's worth money but rarely use, so I could probably scrape together another 100$ or so.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What should I buy? Empty Re: What should I buy?

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Don't get a 3DS, it's not worth it. The don't have many good games on the 3DS. I basically got a 3DS just so I could play Resident Evil: Revelations and trade Poke'mon between different versions.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm actually really interested in the 3DS's exclusives. FE: A, Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, and especially Pokemon X and Y in the Fall. That one's definetly top priority for me, but I also don't want to have spend 250$ on a handheld console (with games). So the thing is, I'd probably buy just the 3DS and get a couple games later. Or, I could a couple games now and get a 3DS when Pokemon X and Y come out, since there will most likely be a bundle.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 am

If you want a new console, wait for the PS4 if u want a playstation. I'd save for something else unless you really want those games. But, you can probably get them cheaper if you get used ones making it easier to get ALL 3 that you posted.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:12 am

twigsterxd wrote:If you want a new console, wait for the PS4.
    No.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:16 am

Personally, I am not interested in anything on 3DS except the new Pokemon, which looks awesome from what I've seen. 

Just for reference, I usually try to find as little out about stuff before I buy it, so don't quote me as if I claim to know everything about it. But personally, I like what I have seen, and this is the first time in a long time I've actually liked the design of new Pokemon. 

MH3: Ultimate is also very appealing to me, but I feel like I'd prefer the Wii U version over any 3DS version. 

PSVita is very interesting to me, but I don't really know what I'd do with one if I got it. Currently, the only thing I'm sure I'd do is play Dragon's Crown, which almost makes me want one just for that, but that may not be the best decision. Still, if you have/are thinking about PS+, apparently the Vita gets a decent amount of content and really shines. 

GTAV is probably your safest bet. It'd leave you money left over, and reserve what will probably be one of the best selling games of all time (let's face it, GTA is the part of the venn diagram that overlaps between even hardcore gamers and casual CoDers). If you have any interest at all, I'd say get yourself a copy. I'm not even super hyped for it, but I'd just feel left out and too antsy if I don't get it release day. If you're questionin even getting it, though, maybe save the money - GTA isn't for everyone, despite its wide appeal. 

Still, saving up isn't a bad decision, either. PS4, MGS5, DkS2 are all on my docket (in addition to GTAV), and I'd be playing FFXIV if it didn't have monthy fees, so while I'll probably wait on the actual PS4 for a bit, I've still got plenty to look forward to, and think that, no matter what you're into, something is bound to tickle your fancy with the launch of next gen consoles around the bend.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:26 am

Damn sorry. I was thinking 3DS was the PS 3D.
    Wish you could change your vote. Just realized what it was after Johnny posted about that game.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:39 am

I voted for 2 but 3 is a good choice also. Hitman and Forza are good franchises and I have enjoyed both listed games quite a lot.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:06 am

GtaV for sure. I've preordered it to come to my door on 17th September. I'm hyped up
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 am

SadPanda wrote:I'm actually really interested in the 3DS's exclusives. FE: A, Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, and especially Pokemon X and Y in the Fall. That one's definetly top priority for me, but I also don't want to have spend 250$ on a handheld console (with games). So the thing is, I'd probably buy just the 3DS and get a couple games later. Or, I could a couple games now and get a 3DS when Pokemon X and Y come out, since there will most likely be a bundle.
    Since I already have a 3DS I'm getting X and Y too.
    But other than that, the 3DS doesn't really float my boat.

Also.
    If you do get a 3DS, I highly suggest getting the 3DS XL (extra large) it feels way more comfortable than the regular 3DS.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:06 pm

put money into bank for annual 1% interest rate. in ninety billion years you will be a wealthy man.

or buy a wii u
    they are getting a price cut. (that's what im doing) happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am