Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Versatile forest hunter

Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Versatile forest hunter Empty Versatile forest hunter

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Almost all of my builds are quality ones and I've been having a lot of fun with this one in the forest lately:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=308118658591369443

Claymore as main weapon for its versatility and gauntlets of thorns to give a better chance of cancelling bs when rolling. The gold tracer is mainly for use against opponents with low poise but it's also useful for cancelling bs attempts if you use it unlocked with its speed and dead angling.
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Versatile forest hunter Empty Re: Versatile forest hunter

Post by OminousSquaffle Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 pm

The family mask made me cry hot tears of feely-ness but it's a good setup. I've been using nothing but quality builds for aaages now, with the exception of my glass cannon...don't like the timers on buffs.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:45 pm

I used to rely on buffs a lot in my earlier days of pvp but then I found out I preferred quality builds!

Occasionally I'll use fire resin but it doesn't really add all that much to a quality build since your physical damage output is generally pretty good already. I know the father mask is pushing it a bit but I kind of needed it to keep it below 125 tongue

The phantom hit capability of the tracer is mad too. There seem to be so many hornet ring users in the forest these days but the tracer goes a little way to help countering them.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:21 pm

If you used a Mask of the Mother instead of the Father version,you could have 79 extra health. Also,why the 28 strength if you aren't using a Murakumo? The stat point is hardly worth an extra 1 point of damage on your Claymore and Composite Bow. You get an extra 103 health by moving a few stats around.
    http://mmdks.com/3sfn
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:36 pm

I see where you're coming from and I would probably have done what you have suggested if I was only going to use a claymore but I also use the mura along with many other weapons from time to time as well, it really is a jack of all trades quality build and this is just the current setup that I have had some joy with.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Looks like a good quality build to me. And, nothing wrong with the family masks, especially in the forest. I love to see ganking hosts wearing the Child's mask. So fitting, IMO.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:41 am

Yep, there's definitely a sense of irony in that, although I have been seeing that mask a lot less recently. It's probably the least useful of the family masks overall since you can achieve the same effect with other items.

Also there's something inherently obnoxious about the look of the father mask which lends itself well to gesturing after a kill!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am