Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
SadPanda
CakeThiefPro
6 posters

Is Petrus royalty?

CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is Petrus royalty?  Empty Is Petrus royalty?

Post by CakeThiefPro Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:39 am

Ok so I created a new character the other day and for some reason decided to read the descriptions of all the different hair styles and colours.

The bobbed hairstyle says: Neatly trimmed, as the old nobility

Gold hair/eyes beloved by certain members of the nobility

The knight shield also states: Although it is thought to have been used by ancient knights of the nobility, its defense capabilities are similar to other shields.

Elite Cleric Set says: those that were black belonged to warrior clerics sent on missions, many of whom were high-level priests.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but is it possible Petrus is a member of the royal family in Thorolund? I get the feeling he may be someones bastard child that can't officially inherit. Instead he was made a high level priest but the father/mother wanted him out of the way so they sent him to Lordran. He then kills Rhea either out of jealously that she was formally acknowledged as a princess or because his father uses him to kill all undead members of the Way of White that are too important to simply send to the asylum.

Also the purple hair colour says it belongs to a near extinct race. I can't remember anyone in game with purple hair but a lot of people wear helmets. So far Zena comes to mind but if anyone else has a better idea I'd love to hear it.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is Petrus royalty?  Empty Re: Is Petrus royalty?

Post by SadPanda Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 pm

In feudalistic times, Priests were very high up on the social order. It would only make sense, especially because he's a leader of a group of other priests.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 pm

If I'm not mistaken isn't he related to Rhea?

And she's a part of the royal family, so I can imagine that being very possible.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:38 am

Latitoast wrote:If I'm not mistaken isn't he related to Rhea?

And she's a part of the royal family, so I can imagine that being very possible.
    So he is related to her? I assume most people figured this out ages ago but it only just dawned on me that he was more than an Elite Cleric with a horrible mission. Well thanks guys ^^
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 am

Where does it say he's related to her?
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Thxodore wrote:Where does it say he's related to her?
    No where but if he's royalty and she's royalty then they must related at least distantly which is what I'm trying to figure out.
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 pm

I mean don't get me wrong, it would make sense. But wouldn't Rhea at least mention once that her brother/cousin/relative was protecting her? I feel like FROM would have thrown us a bone, maybe? Not that they're in the habit of doing that. At all.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Thxodore wrote:I mean don't get me wrong, it would make sense. But wouldn't Rhea at least mention once that her brother/cousin/relative was protecting her? I feel like FROM would have thrown us a bone, maybe? Not that they're in the habit of doing that. At all.
    This is why I think he might be a bastard son or something that was kept quiet from the majority of the nobility. I mean his hair colour, style and his shield all make reference to originating from the nobility and being popular among them. He's also been given a very important and presumably secretive mission as he's assassinating undead members of the WoW that are also royalty. Only someone very very high up in the royal family could issue such a mission (possibly Lloyd himself). So who would they trust with this mission? A random elite cleric or someone from the family you know you can trust?
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Hmm. He does seem to detest her more than he should a random priestess. Why would the WoW want to assassinate her though? And do you think Patches and Petrus are in on this together, both of them hating the WoW?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't believe the WoW planned for her to be killed. There is no law in Lordran and two other priests died before her. It would make sense to kill her at firelink and go home. Petrus acted of his own hate to her and wanted her dead though he knew her loyal preists could kill him. Also remember that ancient royalty had numorus members in their bloodline and some do get forgotten or are too distant from the center to be a member. So Petrus could a relative but so distant from Rhea's spot that she never knew herself the relation. I could say Petrus grew jealous and removed her as a form of revenge. I have another idea but that is for later.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Thxodore wrote:Hmm. He does seem to detest her more than he should a random priestess. Why would the WoW want to assassinate her though? And do you think Patches and Petrus are in on this together, both of them hating the WoW?
    Well the WoW had undead hunts (can't remember what description says this- Lloyd talisman maybe?) and basically killed any undead they found. So when a member of the royal family is found to be undead they can't just treat them like any other undead and hunt them down and kill them. So instead they send them on a mission to Lordran to kill Pinwheel who stole the power of Nito (possibly as part of an agreement between Gwyn, Lloyd and Nito as stealing power from any god can't be tolerated). This way they either help Nito to get kindling and prolong the Age of Fire or another undead has been removed from the picture.

As for Patches based on his appearance in Demons Souls I'd say he's just there to troll us since in Demons Souls you see his resentment for Clerics appear towards the end when they refuse to forgive him for throwing a Saint down a hole (who you save). I assume he carries this hatred for clerics into Dark Souls but who really knows with him silly
    homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by homelessguy Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 pm

his mace said it is the weapon of a barbaric priest but his shield states it of nobility he never drink estus nor does he  take rhea humanity so he may not be undead.

his action and his mace are very different one says he a barbaric priest while his action show he not like getting his hands dirty maybe he was noble or a high ranking priest maybe ran one of the undead prison beating the undead as he knew there be no punishment but in a bad turn for him he himself turned undead (bet he dropped his soapstone)
     forcing the way of white 2 send him to lordran making him hate the church 

but still side so he can murder clerics so he can take there loot and stop them from getting the rite of kin. who knows all I know is he dead in 3/4 of most people worlds for being a bigger *** than Lautrec

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am