Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Dr__Awkward
EeAyEss
Thor_Odinson
7 posters

Low-mid pvp fun

Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Low-mid pvp fun Empty Low-mid pvp fun

Post by Thor_Odinson Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 am

So for the past week or so I've mainly played on my level 20, 49, and 55 SL toons to take a break from the 120ish pvp style....I have to admit it is considerably more fun imo.  At these levels I see FAR more variety of armor combos, diff weapons, and even play styles.  It is a very nice breath of fresh air from the generic sl120 "Bs fish/counter bs fishing,wotg spam, and dark magic barrage" playstyles.  Maybe ive just been playing around at the higher for too long and it has gotten stale

Shrug
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Low-mid pvp fun Empty Re: Low-mid pvp fun

Post by EeAyEss Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:38 am

I highly enjoy my really low level invasions after doing the sl 120 thing too. Like around sl 15 in the parish and depths.

Gonna promote Reim here, but he started a great thread and promoted a great challenge:

Make and succeed with a sl 6 invader. I'm trying at the moment, it's hard. But the few cracked orb invasions I've had were lotsa fun, tons of challenge to be had.
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:36 am

level 35 darkwraith in the forest. Can be fun if you find the right players. But 70% of the time its just spawning, getting 2H R2'ed with the Stone greatsword, then spammed with pursuers or dark bead by 2 phantoms and a host..

I've since moved back to lvl 120 in oolacile just so I can compete against gankers. seems to be more 1 on 1 opportunities there anyway. or hosts with 2 phantoms that are willing to comply.
    Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thor_Odinson Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Well the low level was never intended for the forest.... when it comes to the forest ill go on a sl135/199 for that. (199 actually recieves a very surprising amount of non stop invading in the forest, burg, and township). The whole point of the mid to low level is for the parish, painted world, anor (though anor gets nasty sometimes,) and even the depths.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 pm

-Play through at SL 8
    -Get Guardian Armor, Jagged Ghost Blade, Guardian Tail, Large Club, and Barbed Straight Sword
    -Get Bloated Head, Egghead, or Bloated Sorcerer
    -Buy as many Poison Throwing Knives, Rotton Resins, and Dung Pies as you can
    -Equip all mentioned above
    -Make sure all weapons are at Raw +5
    -Equip a pyro glove and iron flesh
    -Equip steelplate ring and RoFaP
    -Wreak havoc on the Parish, Blighttown, and Depths
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:45 pm

I try to be as even with the newbies as possible. Ease them into Dark Souls. The only downside is that they might get the idea that invaders are nice and "fair" like me. Then, after I kill them, they get to the church and then get invaded by some jerk with a buffed obsidian greatsword.

lolol
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:35 pm

I make SL 11-12 builds just for invading in the Parish mostly and areas around. I always use unupgraded gear, or upgrade my weapon to the point it has about the same damage as a Drake Sword (hen there's more than one person). 
    It has improved my skills tremendously in a pretty short time. Tactical awareness gives you a big advantage already. New players are great for learning how to parry, as they just swing mindlessly at you. I use unupgraded gear not only to keep things fair, but also so fights last longer. So it comes down to skill more than 1 hit +14828 lightning Zweihammerknife silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I loved my SL 6 tour of Lordran. So much fun invading at lower levels. The only downside is there are many phantoms that have elemental weapons, and you invade up (so, you could be invading waaaay up).
    Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Qyntius Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:36 am

I'm a newer player who just made a lower level character because I finished the first playthrough on my 'mainchar' and obviously messed some things up there. I decided to make him SL 20 and V for Vendetta cosplay with the chester outfit, poison throwing knives, bandit knife, and parrying dagger. At the moment I'm leveling up pyromancy to beat the 4 kings (I bought Dark souls like a week ago so it's hard for me), but I joined the forest convenant and practicing parrying/backstabbing against newer players with like 5 minutes in between invasion time is definitely making me a better player. I just think it's a shame I missed the Dark souls crowded period... but hey getting Dark Souls 2 on release date!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm