Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Reaperfan
Micha369
The Once-Ler
7 posters

Demon's Souls Cross-Wiki/forum Event: Mobs of Boletaria Under Construction

The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Demon's Souls Cross-Wiki/forum Event:  Mobs of Boletaria   Under Construction Empty Demon's Souls Cross-Wiki/forum Event: Mobs of Boletaria Under Construction

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 pm

So...This is an idea I had and I hope we can muster up enough support for it!  October is 6 weeks away and houses the major World Tendency shifting events for Demon's Souls.  Many of us are just plain burned out of Dark Souls at the moment but are still looking for a Souls fix.  Likewise, many of us have a copy of Demon's Souls stashed away somewhere that hasn't seen the light of day in quite some time (2 years for me).  I propose we do a 2 month event (yes 2 months)!  We will start October 1st and each of us will create a new character to run through Demon's Souls with the intent of creating a PvP character from scratch to be used in the month of November (and maybe beyond) for a Demon's Souls Fight Club.  

Note this is the NA version of the game.

This thought is a work in progress so I will be editing this, but here are my thoughts:

1).  During October (or September now) you begin your PVE adventure.
    2).  You must create your character from scratch (no old characters, soul sucked characters, or muled characters).  Play the game the way it was meant to be played!  Yes, that means if you want a DEX toon you should start farming that pure bladestone now (just kidding!)  (stones can be dropped to your co-op players to help them out.  (Farming is not the point here co-op play is)
    3).  Once past the 1st level of Boletaria, you should play in human form whenever possible while clearing your level then blue or black with/against others after.  Everyone else is in the same boat (and hopefully soul level) so this encourages much co-op.  
    4).  Everyone should kill an npc black phantom to obtain a black-eye stone within the first couple of days (first level of Tower of Latria is the 1st one I remember) Maybe we will do the Tower of Latria 1st level early together).
    5).  We will set up a schedule of when you are to do certain levels in October and once you have completed your level (with other Blues) you are expected to become a Blue Phantom to help others or a black phantom to try wrecking others:) (everyone will know what levels people are doing so this could be really fun).  Play-time will be 9 to midnight Eastern Standard Time (but there may also be a European playthrough as well if there are enough to do so) so that everyone is on at the same time as well.
    6).  There will be a PSN Chat set up and those playing will be expected to use it so you can see who is online and who is helping/invading.
    7).  Level up according to what you would like your final sl 125 PvP build to look like.
    8).  Everyone will level up on the same schedule (at each level interval) so that we are all within range for vading and being invaded.
    9).  I am a member of several forums and sites and this is a cross forum event to get enough support.
    10).  The world events will make it easier to obtain any weapons in the game so that is why I have chosen October for the PVE side, but there is always the option to do the PVE side in September and leave the WWT event of PvP in areas like 5-1 Istarelle Lair and 1-1 Dragon Pit so let me know what everyone thinks.
    11).  Everyone will complete the game in this fashion during the month of October oe September when that is decided (on schedule) and will run any additional levels needed in NG+ to finish their build for Demon's Souls fight club in October or November and beyond.  Still to be announced.

Who is interested?  Please post here so I can get some numbers and names.   If this is going to work properly then we need big support (10 plus people on at a time).

Confirmed So Far:
    1) Once-Ler
    2) Cronitis
    3) Twilightwerewolf (maybe)
    4) Reaperfan (maybe)
    5) Twigsterxd (maybe)

2 Confirmed from the other wiki so far

Last edited by The Once-Ler on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Demon's Souls Cross-Wiki/forum Event:  Mobs of Boletaria   Under Construction Empty Re: Demon's Souls Cross-Wiki/forum Event: Mobs of Boletaria Under Construction

Post by Micha369 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:16 am

Hello The Once-Ler,

I like the idea but the time is not suitable completely.
    During the week most people have time from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. since we have to go to work the next morning. On the weekends it could be extended of course, e.g from late afternoon to 0:00 EST
    Because you said EST I assume we talk about an European event, right?

What I don't understand: If everybody plays in body form who should invade or help us?

How can you control that a player didn't use the mule thing?

What I don't like is the idea of farming! This ist very boring and frustrating.
    I would like to use the Thomas glitch for this.
    On the other hand this glitch could be exploited very much. Duplicating a demon's soul and I can level up w/o doing anything.
    Or even worse how can we prevent duplicating of darkmoongras or sticky stuff to buff weapons?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Demon's Souls Cross-Wiki/forum Event:  Mobs of Boletaria   Under Construction Empty Re: Demon's Souls Cross-Wiki/forum Event: Mobs of Boletaria Under Construction

Post by Reaperfan Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Sounds really tough to actually coordinate, but I like the idea behind it. It's like a co-op run but with everyone all at once, eventually leading the the FC. Kinda like Castle Crashers, once you get to the end and beat the bosses only one can claim the princess for himself! silly
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Another problem would be the same as the tournament I tried to have. Quite a few people on the EU server, 2 from NA and none from japan. Summer is almost over so most people on here will be going back to school. It's a great idea but BAD timing bud. People are playing more Demons these days but it is hard to organize something like this or anything. Dark is still pretty busy and the FC's for it still go on.
    Also, the part about scheduling everyone's playthru kinda sucks. Not everyone plays the same areas at the same time. If I'm making a blessed toon but your rules state I can't do 5-1 for 3 days, I'm gonna do it anyways because of invaders. I won't want to play with cheesy weapons if they don't suit my build. Also, you may say this route, 1-1, 1-2, 2-1,2-2,2-3. Without a good weapon there's NO way people are gonna want to fight lurker or dragon god. Plus, I don't know a lot bout servers but if you were to get 200 players to do this, it's gonna lag everybody cause we ALL in the same place.
    Also, too many people in a PS3 chatroom is bad. Especially for co-op. Be way too laggy. In tournaments, I used to have to log out of chat all the time just to host my tourney because of the lag.

@micha - EST is eastern standard time. What I'm on right now in Canada. I also agree with you on the duping. There's NO way to tell if someone has or hasn't duped. We ALL know how to do it so it will be exploited.

Also to the OP. All the vets check this out so don't worry about it getting missed. It won't.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:27 am

sounds great...but too late for EU (yes i have the NA version, but EST is was too late)
    will invade you every now and then...already wait for the PBWT event to make my invader shine in pure dark
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:29 am

I am really busy right now but I will post replys later today.  Couple of quick things though.  I am not opposed to the ideas of using Thomas to help along and speed up your character, but you should obtain all the raw materials to do so.  This will be a pve to pvp event so people can enjoy the play through again before the fight club.  If it were simply a fight club people would dupe all their weapons anyway.  That's not the point though.  Happy to have anyone and everyone in the fight club portion though.  Also,  we can make this a weekend (Friday through Sundays) event if need be.  I was referring to Eastern Standard Time.  This site alone is not garnering a ton of interest at the moment so I am going to open it up as a cross-forum event.  Unless we have 10-20 interested it is not going to work.  I will let everyone know what kind of interest I get from the other 2 forums.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Micha369 wrote:Hello The Once-Ler,

I like the idea but the time is not suitable completely.
    During the week most people have time from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. since we have to go to work the next morning. On the weekends it could be extended of course, e.g from late afternoon to 0:00 EST
    Because you said EST I assume we talk about an European event, right?

What I don't understand: If everybody plays in body form who should invade or help us?

How can you control that a player didn't use the mule thing?

What I don't like is the idea of farming! This ist very boring and frustrating.
    I would like to use the Thomas glitch for this.
    On the other hand this glitch could be exploited very much. Duplicating a demon's soul and I can level up w/o doing anything.
    Or even worse how can we prevent duplicating of darkmoongras or sticky stuff to buff weapons?
    There is no way to control if a player gets all his/her equipment muled to them.  If they did it before and cheesed the game then they will do it again.  My feeling is that most of those people who did that moved on to other games to cheese.  This is really meant for people who want to get back into Demon's Souls for the game itself and re-experience it with a nice little fight club waiting at the end as a cherry on top of the experience.  I don't expect that people will want to farm pure bladestone for 40 hour (I usually get mine in 1 or 2) so I get that.  If that is what hinders people from joining then I will farm it at a low level and will give it to you somewhere along the way!!!  I am not sure you need fully upgraded dual Kats to take on the tower knight though.  It kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game for what it is.  Flamelurker is a barrier to the Blacksmith's full potential for a reason.  That Boss is supposed to be fun and hard.  Just come out and play a bit though.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm interested Once-Ler.  I think Fri - Sun would be best,  potentially allowing people from different time zones to interact.  Also I think there should be trading allowed amongst chat members.  Say someone gets a lucky pure bladestone drop and doesn't need it they can hand it off to someone else in the chat?
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:33 pm

This should probably be a cross-forum thing.  I'd wager there's a few who'd see a topic posted at wikispaces but not on here.  I can stat a topic over there if you you want.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:33 pm

twigsterxd wrote:Another problem would be the same as the tournament I tried to have. Quite a few people on the EU server, 2 from NA and none from japan. Summer is almost over so most people on here will be going back to school. It's a great idea but BAD timing bud. People are playing more Demons these days but it is hard to organize something like this or anything. Dark is still pretty busy and the FC's for it still go on.
    Also, the part about scheduling everyone's playthru kinda sucks. Not everyone plays the same areas at the same time. If I'm making a blessed toon but your rules state I can't do 5-1 for 3 days, I'm gonna do it anyways because of invaders. I won't want to play with cheesy weapons if they don't suit my build. Also, you may say this route, 1-1, 1-2, 2-1,2-2,2-3.   Without a good weapon there's NO way people are gonna want to fight lurker or dragon god. Plus, I don't know a lot bout servers but if you were to get 200 players to do this, it's gonna lag everybody cause we ALL in the same place.
    Also, too many people in a PS3 chatroom is bad. Especially for co-op. Be way too laggy. In tournaments, I used to have to log out of chat all the time just to host my tourney because of the lag.

@micha - EST is eastern standard time. What I'm on right now in Canada. I also agree with you on the duping. There's NO way to tell if someone has or hasn't duped. We ALL know how to do it so it will be exploited.

Also to the OP. All the vets check this out so don't worry about it getting missed. It won't.
    Thanks for the reply.  I have a few comments to add.
    This is a thought in progress kinda deal and I am making it up as I go.  It may never go, but let's see.  Scheduled playthrough was just an idea to get everyone in the same spots at the same times.  The point of this is not to play through the game with fully upgraded weapons from the beginning.  That's not how we played the game in the beginning. (Flamelurker is a barrier to the Blacksmith abilities for a reason).  Maybe we could adjust the schedule so that we do all the 1st level Arches before progressing on to the second ones and so on.  Yes, it means that you will have to play through levels without you optimal equipment for a bit, but everyone else is upgrading along the same speed (and level) and if this works right you will be playing through with one or 2 Blues on your hip:)  When you complete your level then you become a vader for that level too until we all move on.  If it works out, we can schedule the blacksmith as an early unlock so people can start upgrading along their paths as they get the stones/weapons. This is just an idea though.

As to the ps3 chatroom.  It is essential for this in my opinion.  It's the only reliable way to know people are on and where they are.  I have been a part of a lot of FC's here and elsewhere and I have almost never seen them at capacity.  And I doubt we will have 200 participants lol!  It would be nice, but this game is 4 years old and many don't even have it anymore.  If we got 10-20 reliable people and we are able to coordinate them all on at the same time I would count that as a huge success.

Lastly...Time is not set in stone.  It has to be evenings for me though.  I am happy for it to be a weekend warrior type of thing if that works best for everyone.  I chose October to coincide with the world tendency events which will make it easier for people to get certain items.  any scheduling for certain areas will happen within the wwt periods.  Also, if you can't follow the schedule exactly for timing reasons (school/work etc) then fine.  Try to follow as best as you can and catch up as you need to.  Just don't go get fully upgraded dual kats and start invadin 2-1 as the rest of us are muddling through with our plus 4 scimitars lol.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Cronotis wrote:This should probably be a cross-forum thing.  I'd wager there's a few who'd see a topic posted at wikispaces but not on here.  I can stat a topic over there if you you want.
    Hey Crono!  Long time no see!  I am still a member there and am going to post over there later.  Let me clean up the idea a bit and I will post it there later today.  You in man?

Last edited by The Once-Ler on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 pm

I am also going to post to the Atlus forum and the facebook PvP pages.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Sounds really tough to actually coordinate, but I like the idea behind it.  It's like a co-op run but with everyone all at once, eventually leading the the FC.  Kinda like Castle Crashers, once you get to the end and beat the bosses only one can claim the princess for himself!  silly
    Yes...but if it works it stands to be really fun:)  Come join in!
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Anyone interested?  Please sign up and I will add a signup sheet to the top post.  I will keep other forum users listed on those forums, but will post how many we have interested.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Just to comment on your comment about not a lot of players playing the game. Check the forum bud, it's busy. ALOT of people are going back to Demons because Dark is getting retarded.
    As for upgrades, if you've played Demons before and are a veteran like most of us you will know that before doing certain bosses with crappy weapons would be annoying. Even with helpers. Like I said, putting people in the same areas at the same time is not the way to go.
    Here's an idea, tell me what you think.
    Let's say you have 50 players. There are 5 arches. Split people up so you can have an even number of players for each arch. That way, if you get people wanting blessed toons, they can ALL do 5-1 first while people wanting mages can do either world 4 or world 3 for their stones. Don't put everyone on the same area. As I said, depending on how many people, the server is gonnna lag like a bugger making the game REALLY annoying. Also, with your ps3 chatrooms, it would be easier to split these up into groups so only 12-15 people in each. Make 5 rooms, each pertaining to an arch and you and ONLY you have access to them all. You can open 1 of them, check things out, leave and go check another. Too many people in the chat will lag chat and could get people killed while in chat waiting for the lag to stop so they can tell someone something. You need to think about the other players bud. Make it easier in some ways so as not to annoy them because of something so ridiculous as chat lag or something. Do it that way and it will be better for people. This way, they do their chosen world instead of everyone being in the same one. Like I said, if you chose world 4 for everyone, that would suck for me because world 2 might be my world because I'm making a dragon toon. It wouldn't be fair if people have their weapons before others had a chance too. Pitting players in PvP with having 1 upgraded toon and the other guy doesn't, isn't really fair if he hasn't had a chance to get his made yet.
    Personally I would like to do this but not the route you want to take. Unless of course you don't have enough people then you have to go that route. Mainly what I'm saying is that if you put us all in the same area at the same time, we might as well ALL make the same builds because we will want good gear when the PvP starts.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:46 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:You in man?
    Yup sign me up.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Nice!  Slow but sure we will get support for this!  Got a signup from an old friend on the other wiki forum too.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:09 pm

So, I am thinking that we can set it up that we can drop each other equipment, weapons, and stones that we pick up along the way.  Like female characters can't use the old King Armor so they would pass it along etc.  Same with weapons like moonlight sword.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:59 am

twigsterxd wrote:@micha - EST is eastern standard time. What I'm on right now in Canada.
    So I mixed this up with CET, sorry.
    9-12 p.m. EST (UTC-5) means that in Europe (UTC +1) it is from 3 - 6 during the nignt. Not suitable for most European players including me.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:34 am

I'll think on this. I like the idea but I do have to admit im not totally sold on the schedule idea. Maybe instead have a level limit? Idk but ill keep thinking on this and if I have the time
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:00 pm

I am re-thinking the schedule.  The point was to have people in the same place at the same time for co-op and vading.  If everyone is in the chat it may not be a problem because people can just co-ordinate.  Maybe we just set up the leveling on a schedule so we are all in the same range.  Just a thought.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Up to 5 of us confirmed between the 2 wikis forums so far:)  Slow but sure!  Hope we get more!
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 am

The Once-Ler wrote:Up to 5 of us confirmed between the 2 wikis forums so far:)  Slow but sure!  Hope we get more!
    Because a few things are not clear yet people won't sign in.

First question for me as an European is about the timing.
    When do I have to or can I play?

What about the imo really true issues raised by twigsterxd?

Where could I sign in?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi Micha.  The time-frame I was referring to is Eastern Standard Time in the US.  If there are enough people interested in the European time-zone we could organize a play-time for European players that would be more convenient.  The major point of this is a massive playthrough together.  twigsterxd had some good points about people wanting to get through worlds that would accommodate their builds.  The problem is there are not enough people wanting to go back for a playthrough right now that would allow everyone to go their separate ways and still have people to play with.  Everyone would be playing by themselves.  Plus, maybe I am in the minority on this but I actually enjoy the challenge of a playthrough without top tier weapons from the start and having others in the same boat as me joining in the challenge and fun.  I fought Miralda this weekend with a sl 10 character using a +3 halberd and +3 heater shield:)  The point I was ultimately making is that we should all play Together and we will eventually get to everyone's world Together.  Plus if we all level up together we can keep playing with each other.  To augment that we can determine our builds in advance and when we get to a world that you don't need and someone else does, you can drop them stones, armor, etc that you don't need to help them out and they will do the same for you.  These are just thoughts though and they may not appeal to everyone.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Also, I am thinking of doing this at the end of September now so that we can all get to NG+ before the WWT event starts.  Just a thought but hear me out.  If we actually have enough people for a FC I thought it would be fun to hold it in some of the WWT restricted areas like the dragon's lair in 1-1 and the Istarelle Lair in 5-1.  Just a thought though.  Any thoughts on my comments above or this one?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am