Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

From a noob Gravelord-Servant

LittleLuden
    LittleLuden
    Casual
    Casual

From a noob Gravelord-Servant Empty From a noob Gravelord-Servant

Post by LittleLuden Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:59 pm

i thought today, it might be quite cool to be a tiny little gravelord servant. obviously, i am to stupid to get behind the mechanics. can anybody help, please!

i joint, went to anor londo later and used the eye. nothing happend (besides a mysterious smoke coming out of my pants). i was expecting a sign on the ground, therefore i went to a secret place beforehand to hide it, but no sign, just smoke. i waited... long... then off for ariamis. put down a white soapstone sign (at the bonfire) with the intention of helping someone with priscilla. a couple of minutes later i got the message, that i was invading someone as a black phantom now. i was surprised. had my helping gear on, not my killer stuff. and died quickly.

so thats how it works then? activating an eye, putting down a white soapstone, waiting that someone finds it, and if so, i invade? i had a completely different understanding from what i read in the wiki.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

From a noob Gravelord-Servant Empty Re: From a noob Gravelord-Servant

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:10 pm

No, what you saw was a glitch.

To gravelord you simply put down your eye and wait. If one of the three players you cursed sees your sign they will invade to remove their curses.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:17 pm

There's a long list of things you need for it to work right. The basics are that you need to be in human form, in an area where you haven't beaten the boss (so you are also vulnerable to dwraith/DMB invasions too). If you use an eye of death then, it will curse 3 other worlds. Your soul sign will appear in those worlds where you are standing in yours. So if you want invasions, stand somewhere obvious and try not to move around much as moving can sometimes cause problems with people activating your sign just as it shifts in their world.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Okay as I understand it, and have had a lot of success with in the Parish, there are a few key factors you must abide by when trying to curse someone.

Firstly, like all player interactions, you must have your sl in the levels sweet spot. The easiest way to do this is to look around and see how many white/yellow signs and invaders target you in an area. If they invade quite frequently or you see many summon signs then you are probably likely to get a good session in.

Secondly to figure out if your curses have dropped into another players world put a white, or any colour, soap stone in your quick change inventory. Switch to it and monitor what happens to it. If it goes black for a few seconds, becoming unusable, then that is the curse entering someones world.

Thirdly the Gravelord sign follows you around so stay in an area that people like too gather in, eg if in Anor Londo then the internal bonfire might be a good place, as people are lazy and probably to worried about losing thier souls/humanity and won't go out of thier way looking for it.

Fourth being a Gravelord is an exercise in patience. Nothing will happen immeadiately. You may have to wait ten minutes for people to start invading but they will come. There is no feeling like throwing down an EoD and watching it multiply as you kill invaders.

Fifth its hard to constantly be honourable in the Gravelord Servants. Essentially you are risking your covenant items, which you use to rank up, as your means for pvp which makes the covenant very hard to deal with when you have few eyes. I reccommend that you basically do what ever it take to win the first match against the invader simply so you can reclaim the EoD you used for the session. Its not like being a Darkwraith where it doesn't really matter whether you die or no or lose humanity because humanity isnt hard to come by. If you get good at Gravelording you will have huge quantities.

Sixth, and I know this is starting ti get boring but its relatively good advice, you will get hit by heaps of Darkwraiths. Using EoD's means that your invasion timer is set to 0 so you can be constantly inavded by phantoms. Ancedotal evidence on my part saw me face all three spirits of vengeance and two darkwraiths in the space of two minutes. You are warned. Also, though I'm sure other people on this site won't like it, take all opportunities to kills DW's as quickly as possible, be ruthless, it sucks when one ends your spree before it begins.

If I've missed anything I'm sure DxV04 will fill in the gaps. Good luck to ya and spread misery wherever you can.

Papa Nito loves you!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Okay as I understand it, and have had a lot of success with in the Parish, there are a few key factors you must abide by when trying to curse someone.

Full details can be found in this thread in the archives.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t1118-gravelord-mechanics

It starts in the third post.

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Firstly, like all player interactions, you must have your sl in the levels sweet spot. The easiest way to do this is to look around and see how many white/yellow signs and invaders target you in an area. If they invade quite frequently or you see many summon signs then you are probably likely to get a good session in.

Spot on!. Search for signs on the ground and drop an eye of death in middle you will surely see action.!

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Secondly to figure out if your curses have dropped into another players world put a white, or any colour, soap stone in your quick change inventory. Switch to it and monitor what happens to it. If it goes black for a few seconds, becoming unusable, then that is the curse entering someones world.

I interpret what Viral shared a little differently. I take it as a sign that I am being invaded or that someone is attempting to invade. Effectively the same thing Viral said.

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Thirdly the Gravelord sign follows you around so stay in an area that people like too gather in, eg if in Anor Londo then the internal bonfire might be a good place, as people are lazy and probably to worried about losing thier souls/humanity and won't go out of thier way looking for it.

Exactly, or bottle necks of traffic where everyone must pass are good also. For example; the area in the parish where people must enter to reach Andre the blacksmith.

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Fourth being a Gravelord is an exercise in patience. Nothing will happen immeadiately. You may have to wait ten minutes for people to start invading but they will come. There is no feeling like throwing down an EoD and watching it multiply as you kill invaders.

If you use a bonfire to alert you about impending invasions or a summoning/invading device ( IE, white or red stones, cracked orbs)and it seems you are going to be invaded but after waiting a while you do not get invaded. You might be in a Peer to Peer lobby that is not good. Quit and reload. It always works for me.

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Fifth its hard to constantly be honourable in the Gravelord Servants. Essentially you are risking your covenant items, which you use to rank up, as your means for pvp which makes the covenant very hard to deal with when you have few eyes. I reccommend that you basically do what ever it take to win the first match against the invader simply so you can reclaim the EoD you used for the session. Its not like being a Darkwraith where it doesn't really matter whether you die or no or lose humanity because humanity isnt hard to come by. If you get good at Gravelording you will have huge quantities.

Mr. Unforseen has a prototype young gravelord build. Quite beastly.
    Look here http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Young+Gravelord

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Sixth, and I know this is starting ti get boring but its relatively good advice, you will get hit by heaps of Darkwraiths. Using EoD's means that your invasion timer is set to 0 so you can be constantly inavded by phantoms. Ancedotal evidence on my part saw me face all three spirits of vengeance and two darkwraiths in the space of two minutes. You are warned. Also, though I'm sure other people on this site won't like it, take all opportunities to kills DW's as quickly as possible, be ruthless, it sucks when one ends your spree before it begins.

Praise the Gravelord!! cheers

ViralEnsign_ wrote:If I've missed anything I'm sure DxV04 will fill in the gaps. Good luck to ya and spread misery wherever you can.

Papa Nito loves you!

Proper Bow Thank you Viral. You covered all the bases very well.
    LittleLuden
    LittleLuden
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LittleLuden Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:06 am

thanks alot guys! good hints, that really helped. i think i completely missed the fact, that i need a place, where the boss is still alive.

you find me in the demon ruins tonight, most likely in the area where the taurus demons are, just down the ledge from the bonfire. so if anybody fancys a fight, look out for the eod (but i will behave ruthlessly, don´t expect anything honourable.i have only three eyes left...).
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:16 am

What Sl are you I have a stock pile of 30+ eyes with your name on it.
    LittleLuden
    LittleLuden
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LittleLuden Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:29 am

wow! that sounds too good to be true! i would more than apreciate that and would surely include you in my prayers to lord nito.

i am level 97 right now. does ist fit in the range. i have not too much to trade in, a few weapons, but nothing special. greataxes, a +3 enchanted marakumo, stuff like that.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 am

LittleLuden wrote:wow! that sounds too good to be true! i would more than apreciate that and would surely include you in my prayers to lord nito.

i am level 97 right now. does ist fit in the range. i have not too much to trade in, a few weapons, but nothing special. greataxes, a +3 enchanted marakumo, stuff like that.

you are just out of the range. When you decide to head to new game plus/ hit sl 120 look me up I require no trade as the eyes are on two characters one is at sl 120 now and is geared for fight club while the other is a soon to be optimised version of my current build who earnt well over 50+ eyes in the parish alone.
    LittleLuden
    LittleLuden
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LittleLuden Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 am

i will definetely do so! i am on my first playthrough so ng+ is far future to me. lvl 120 not, actually, i am optimising my character for 120. i need it for the fc. i send you a message when i´m in your range.
    santa claus is coming to town...
    From a noob Gravelord-Servant 945058907
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:45 am

Scratch that 38. Now 39 just killed a Gravelord and took his eye! Now I'm super evil!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 am