Video with interesting view on PvP

    Share
    avatar
    Lorrac ESP
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-05-19

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Lorrac ESP on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:53 pm

    That's why these days I tend to do more mid level pvp than anything.

    Hackers concentrate on the lower and higher levels.

    Actual hackers are sort of rare, but the blessing spammers are everywhere.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by hey its andres on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:56 pm

    Estus makes fights much more interesting, which is why I stay in the forest. Even when I'm in the more "honorable" places in the game like the Kiln I've been one shotted by CoD CSS while bowing and I honestly find it funny. It's all part of the experience of playing DkS, and at the end of the day it's just a game that you are meant to enjoy. You're supposed to enjoy being killed in DkS and it seems that hackers have made a lot of people get soft. Just because something is impossible is not an excuse to give up.



    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Sentiel on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:12 am


    Look at the first minute and half of the video. LOOK AT IT!
    See? Divine Blessing did not help the host at all. That's how you have to deal with them. Murder them without mercy. twisted 


    SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 35
    Reputation : -2
    Join date : 2013-08-18

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by SlintEastwood on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:32 am

    Divine Blessings are a legitimate part of the game. They shouldn't be, but they are. 

    Honestly, Foxeo strikes me as a bit of a scrub in that video after dashboarding on someone who popped one db after he chugged a few gallons of estus. I tend to agree with a lot of his videos though (to an extent, I agree with the sentiment that people shouldn't whine about the way other people play but for a completely different reason).

    I also don't really think it matters where they come from since it's not very hard to get a full stack without the use of any third party modifications.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by hey its andres on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:40 pm

    Sentiel wrote:
    Look at the first minute and half of the video. LOOK AT IT!
    See? Divine Blessing did not help the host at all. That's how you have to deal with them. Murder them without mercy. twisted 
    Everyday is pon. Every time is pon.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:44 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:I said that when I play games alongside friends and acquaintances, I tend to ask them about their usage of rare items. That's how I concluded that most people do not use the uber-rare items. I admitted that my research was subject to sampling bias and it is implied that it was not peer-reviewed. Did you read my post?
    yes.

    first, its anecdotal, second is observation bias, third is a small sample size. there are so many variables to that kind of stuff even in offical, pier reviewed, large scale studies that statistics are a less than ideal basis for knowledge. you'll excuse me for calling BS on your "information."

    using your same methods i could claim that 90% of cars are japanese, because the people i know all own japanese cars. thats not a basis for anything, which you probably know, and was my point.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-05-15

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:21 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:I said that when I play games alongside friends and acquaintances, I tend to ask them about their usage of rare items. That's how I concluded that most people do not use the uber-rare items. I admitted that my research was subject to sampling bias and it is implied that it was not peer-reviewed. Did you read my post?
    yes.

    first, its anecdotal, second is observation bias, third is a small sample size. there are so many variables to that kind of stuff even in offical, pier reviewed, large scale studies that statistics are a less than ideal basis for knowledge. you'll excuse me for calling BS on your "information."

    using your same methods i could claim that 90% of cars are japanese, because the people i know all own japanese cars. thats not a basis for anything, which you probably know, and was my point.
    So what would you estimate the ratio of illegitimate DBs to be, Forum Pirate?
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 33
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm

    Why would his or anybody else's estimation of that be relevant?


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.

    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 139
    Reputation : -11
    Join date : 2012-01-20

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by lorenzo110 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:16 pm

    I side with foxeo. He's pretty much spot on. Every single modded player I have run into has gulped divine blessings during the fight. I knew this guy who used to be on my buds list who is doing the same thing. Its quick to use and gives instant full HP. Why wouldn't a cheater want to give himself unlimited access to this item. I tend to see in pvp more humanity used on both sides, which to me is fair game because it takes a little longer to use it. But unfortunately every hacker and glitcher and cheater I have run into only uses blessings. Its just sad and pathetic that these guys are so hard up to win they go into pvp with every single advantage they can get their hands to compete. I don't care if your facing a tanked out high level player or a gank squad, those are legit parts of DKS game play and if you can not handle that then go play Mario Bros. There is no valid excuse what so ever to hack your game save file in order to cheat in DKS. Or in any other game...period. People like this are trash and gutless, and totally have a lack of integrity.

    As a community DKS veterans should see this issue a non debatable one. There is no excuse what so ever to encourage or to justify cheating of any kind in the game. Yes divine blessings are a legit item in the game. But come on people those of you who have faced these garbage modified players know that at one point in the fight they will be using divine blessings. Its my personal choice on why I wont use them in pvp. I use humanity. That way no one can ever say I am cheating in this game. Everyone should take a self examination of their own game play and morality. We are not stupid people and we know right from wrong. It is unfortunate that divine blessings have gotten a bad rap, but it is what it is. Besides lets be honest folks, if you have to gulch 5 or 10 diving blessings to win a fight your just not that good at all. We as a community of players know this one golden rule of 1v1 pvp: If you heal during a fight you have lost. Period.

    I know I'm going to hear people say "If I am getting ganked I'm going to use anything." Well that's your choice to do. But you will be judged by your game play not only by the skills you use but the actions you take on the field of battle. If you don't care about that, like all the 98 percent of the people who play this game, then by all means gulch your blessings and good luck to you. But you really didn't earn the win. You know it and those real veteran players know it as well. This game was meant to be hard to play. One of the most difficult games out there if not the difficult of them all. Its not about the challenge of your opponent but the challenge of yourself as a player that is the difference between the elite and the scrub noobs. What do you pride yourself in being? Its a question of who is remembered and respected more: the player who goes into battle with no advantage or buff what so ever against his enemies, or the one that needs every single advantage they can get their hands on because to them winning is everything. Divine blessings in the pvp environment is a "must win at all cost" item. The slower methods of healing are not, because they are more risky to take and use because of how long it takes for them to kick in. There is no debating this, and we as a community know this. Just as Foxeo does. So it becomes a players preference and choice. Its a choice that will brand you as an Elite player, or noob scrub. No one I know has ever said try hard players are elite and great. Only the try hard scrubs say that about themselves LOL.  Just my opin.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Forum Pirate on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 pm

    why does it matter to you if someone else thinks you're cheating? you know you're not, so who cares?


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Leet on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:24 pm

    lorenzo110 wrote:I side with foxeo. He's pretty much spot on. Every single modded player I have run into has gulped divine blessings during the fight. I knew this guy who used to be on my buds list who is doing the same thing. Its quick to use and gives instant full HP. Why wouldn't a cheater want to give himself unlimited access to this item. I tend to see in pvp more humanity used on both sides, which to me is fair game because it takes a little longer to use it. But unfortunately every hacker and glitcher and cheater I have run into only uses blessings. Its just sad and pathetic that these guys are so hard up to win they go into pvp with every single advantage they can get their hands to compete. I don't care if your facing a tanked out high level player or a gank squad, those are legit parts of DKS game play and if you can not handle that then go play Mario Bros. There is no valid excuse what so ever to hack your game save file in order to cheat in DKS. Or in any other game...period. People like this are trash and gutless, and totally have a lack of integrity.

    As a community DKS veterans should see this issue a non debatable one. There is no excuse what so ever to encourage or to justify cheating of any kind in the game. Yes divine blessings are a legit item in the game. But come on people those of you who have faced these garbage modified players know that at one point in the fight they will be using divine blessings. Its my personal choice on why I wont use them in pvp. I use humanity. That way no one can ever say I am cheating in this game. Everyone should take a self examination of their own game play and morality. We are not stupid people and we know right from wrong. It is unfortunate that divine blessings have gotten a bad rap, but it is what it is. Besides lets be honest folks, if you have to gulch 5 or 10 diving blessings to win a fight your just not that good at all. We as a community of players know this one golden rule of 1v1 pvp: If you heal during a fight you have lost. Period.

    I know I'm going to hear people say "If I am getting ganked I'm going to use anything." Well that's your choice to do. But you will be judged by your game play not only by the skills you use but the actions you take on the field of battle. If you don't care about that, like all the 98 percent of the people who play this game, then by all means gulch your blessings and good luck to you. But you really didn't earn the win. You know it and those real veteran players know it as well. This game was meant to be hard to play. One of the most difficult games out there if not the difficult of them all. Its not about the challenge of your opponent but the challenge of yourself as a player that is the difference between the elite and the scrub noobs. What do you pride yourself in being? Its a question of who is remembered and respected more: the player who goes into battle with no advantage or buff what so ever against his enemies, or the one that needs every single advantage they can get their hands on because to them winning is everything. Divine blessings in the pvp environment is a "must win at all cost" item. The slower methods of healing are not, because they are more risky to take and use because of how long it takes for them to kick in. There is no debating this, and we as a community know this. Just as Foxeo does. So it becomes a players preference and choice. Its a choice that will brand you as an Elite player, or noob scrub. No one I know has ever said try hard players are elite and great. Only the try hard scrubs say that about themselves LOL.  Just my opin.

    I really don't understand your point. All of this has already been said/was already understood.


    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:why does it matter to you if someone else thinks you're cheating? you know you're not, so who cares?
    I know that it does not apply to everyone, but I will drastically change my playstyle if I know that my opponent is cheating. Let me share a story: I had 1v1 duel with a player in AL. Since the player appeared to be not be cheating, we had a nice toe-to-toe fight. On the next invasion, I see the player switch out an egghead and invisible body, so this time, I no longer return the bow or engage in a toe-to-toe fight. I dash to the spiral staircase/elevator and attempt to kick and BS the player off into the killzone. So, for me, if I know that my opponent is cheating, a lot changes for me.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Leet on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:27 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:why does it matter to you if someone else thinks you're cheating? you know you're not, so who cares?
    I know that it does not apply to everyone, but I will drastically change my playstyle if I know that my opponent is cheating. Let me share a story: I had 1v1 duel with a player in AL. Since the player appeared to be not be cheating, we had a nice toe-to-toe fight. On the next invasion, I see the player switch out an egghead and invisible body, so this time, I no longer return the bow or engage in a toe-to-toe fight. I dash to the spiral staircase/elevator and attempt to kick and BS the player off into the killzone. So, for me, if I know that my opponent is cheating, a lot changes for me.
    He was saying who cares what people think. If you're not cheating, you're not cheating. Disregard other people's assumptions. 


    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 pm

    Oh, sorry. Forget what I said then. Look Skyward


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:39 pm

    The amount of crap this guy spews is enough to make your head spin.

    avatar
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Thor_Odinson on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 pm

    Thankfully on ps3 I havent ran into any db spammers. I  dont believe anyone should be mad however if your spamming estus and they decide to use a db. This pretty much just seems like theyre matching your tactic (even if their version of healing is vastly superior to yours). Just like if I see a pure backstab fisher, I just counter bs with a rapier and possible chain bs them because i cant stand players who do this. Of course I dont really see the point in using a db in normal pvp at all. Seems like a waste just to get that small win. In something like arena play is where I could see this being a serious issue. I would much rather someone have diving blessings than 9 wotg and a dusk crown spamming me at a mid tier sl really. Db's are definitely an unfair advantage to those have many of them obtained illegitamelty, however they are in the game and people can obtain them legit and use them how they please. If not in pvp when would one actually use a db to its full benefit? Perhaps my view will change once I have played a db spammer..Coffee!
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Leet on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:49 pm

    I tend to run into DB spammers in the Burg only. I have yet to run into one anywhere else.

    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:16 am

    TooLeet wrote:I tend to run into DB spammers in the Burg only. I have yet to run into one anywhere else.
    You'll probably run into them in the Forest. I have, on occasion. Especially when they have been hit with a Lloyd's Talisman.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Rynn on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:35 pm

    BrotherBob wrote:I know it's presumptuous, but I assume that my opponent is "not legit" (not necessarily hacking) if they pop even one DB. My reason is that I find it unfathomable for anyone to want to use such a valuable and rare item, unless they have an unnatural surplus of it. Again, that's my perspective and it is presumptuous, but I feel that most people who would be willing to use up a DB in any case either have an illegitimate amount or just don't care.
    I use my divine blessings liberally because people hate them so much. Rather than pop a humanity mid fight, I pop a divine blessing. (Like during a fight club after a match is over, i waste the blessing instead.)

    Sponsored content

    Re: Video with interesting view on PvP

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:55 pm