Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Tolvo
Serious_Much
Valanor
Bassman Bob
Wilkinson3424
Paragon
Hugh_G_Johnson
Seth Winternight
BloodMoon96
twilightwarwolf
Murkulanvippi
Silent-Warrior
Forum Pirate
mackofspades
Soris Ice Goldwing
Lord of Ash
shadowzninjaz
Demon Slayer
robsthedon
Kahldris_Ducard
Leet
Ahhotep1
26 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE. - Page 4 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE.

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:00 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    Kahldris_Ducard wrote:Is everyone ready for this weekend's event I know I am. I am stoked to get my warfare on.
    yeah i cant wait as well, we still have long days to go  before the event starts :'(
    Good to hear that Shadowz! Looking forward to seeing you there!! biggrin 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE. - Page 4 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE.

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:15 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:So new thread...and a many new other things. I wonder what shall happen. Anyway i shall be getting back into DkS soon so i may post a new build up for opinions.
    Glad to hear of your impending return. And yes, there have been developments! We are evolving. twisted 

When a thing or person (for that matter) ceases to evolve it soon dies.  Though, I must admit that the Exiled of Ariamis Covenant has taken on a life of it's own. A healthy, robust life! And it's Life-Blood is ALL of you!!

Proper Bow
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:38 pm

http://mmdks.com/3l3d

Here is a revised vision, looks like it could be fun.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:Even with base stats? we are talking bout a 200ish Ar difference here Rob. thats just a crazy big amount.
     Lol not base stats
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Yea, Im using base stats for weapons on this build, other wise I would do +15, the number did not work out.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:07 pm

base stats for some builds isnt that bad i use them on some of my builds that are 100-125
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Using base stats to be able to buff always works out, because you'll have a lot of points to work with in the end when it's all said and done. That's why i'm trying this OGS faith build for the arena. Very low requirements lets me have 50 faith. Might as well buff it.
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Leet, you are using the Obsidian Gs does not scale anyway, I has no stat points for that much investment into either str or dex.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:Leet, you are using the Obsidian Gs does not scale anyway, I has no stat points for that much investment into either str or dex.

Yup. Plus the AoE will work wonders in the arena.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Just telling u know tooleet it might not be as good as u, the aoe is really easily dodge, u almost gotta use the aoe atk when there twop or on there wake up.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Why does this week feel so slow i wish it was saturday already XD
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:Just telling u know tooleet it might not be as good as u, the aoe is really easily dodge, u almost gotta use the aoe atk when there twop or on there wake up.

I only use it during wake ups. The animation seems to last pretty long so when people try to dodge it tends to still hit them.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Yeah sometimes they can dodge on wake up tho depending on which way they roll
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:07 pm

it can probably be piviot parried. the dkga can be piviot parried with its aoe.

you'll want to dead angle to avoid that, which exposes you to a roll bs.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:14 pm

u cant parry the ogs aoe atk
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 pm

not at range no, same as the other aoe's.

I haven't tried, but I see no reason why you would be unable to parry the actual downward thrust, and even if you can't you can still partial parry the wave to avoid the damage, which means you're still going to want to deadangle to avoid it, and should still be wary of a roll bs made easier because you've exposed your back.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:not at range no, same as the other aoe's.

I haven't tried, but I see no reason why you would be unable to parry the actual downward thrust, and even if you can't you can still partial parry the wave to avoid the damage, which means you're still going to want to deadangle to avoid it, and should still be wary of a roll bs made easier because you've exposed your back.

I strictly only do it during a wake up, or if i feel 100% confident i can get away with it. That build is for the arena. Basically if i bs someone, or parry someone, as soon as the animation is done, and i mean to the millisecond, i do the R2. Yes you can roll away from it if timed right. It seems as if the AoE lasts longer than it seems. I can't explain it. Like, if you look at the attack and flames go everywhere, even though it looks like you wouldn't take damage going near it, it still will hurt you. So people roll away from it but when their roll is over they still take damage. On top of that, when i DMB buff it, it does almost 1000AR.

And i have yet to have someone even attempt to parry it. 99.9% of people roll away because it's riskier trying to parry a DMB buffed OGS than just getting out of the way. Maybe i'll do a test and see if it's possible.

Also, i have to be 2 handing the weapon during the bs or parry because i have to do the AoE as soon as i can. If i have to 2 hand it, and then hit R2, they have a ton of time to escape.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 pm

its easier to parry. you're timing is really precise. i pivot parry people who do that exact thing with the dkga aoe's when people use them on me
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:its easier to parry. you're timing is really precise. i pivot parry people who do that exact thing with the dkga aoe's when people use them on me

Do you know if AoE attack speeds vary? I'd imagine so.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Greetings Exiled!

I will be adding "ranking up" challenges. As usual I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Give this some thought and try to be creative. Each challenge for ranking up can be multi tiered and increasingly difficult. I would suggest no more then a three-tiered challenge for each rank. Those ranks being: Rank 1: Disciple, Rank 2: Velka's Blade, and Rank 3: Lifehunter.

As for the rank 3: Lifehunter, the next step up is Council Member as it stands now. I am looking at filling at least two CM positions possibly three. But I would also like to come up with another promotion option for the Lifehunter rank.

Just remember that though fighting skills are very important (pvp/pve). A good pvper/pve'r does not necessarily possess effective leadership skills. However, those can be learned and should be recognized within the rank structure of a covenant.

Chime in with suggestions!

Thanks!
    *your sleepyhead leader...me silly  *
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:11 pm

I have an idea. How bout a challenge where you duel "insert covenant member here" using something like a +15 broken straight sword or something you'd never try to use in PvP. That might be a little hard of a challenge, but it's something. Or maybe just a weapon out of someone's comfort zone that doesn't do a ton of damage. Maybe a whip or something. 

I was also gonna say they have to play Robs, but it's a challenge for me playing Robs even with weapons i play with everyday. Just a thought though.

I'm trying to think of things that can be proven. You can't really say "Farm 10 dragon scales" because of MM and you can't really proved that person farmed them, already had them in their possession, or had someone give them to them.

The most viable thing i can think of is something with dueling. Possibly play a member using a bare fist, instead of a shield (wouldn't make much of a difference, to me at least.) Maybe no armor, or no poise. Duel a member using nothing but parrys (that might be too much of a challenge for some, plus whoever their dueling will know they're only going for parrys.) Ummmm. Maybe kill a member using nothing but the dragon head. Kill a member using the pierce shield or crystal ring shield. Suck "insert amount of humanity here" from a member.

Just trying to get the ball rolling, that's all i got for now. I'd like to rank up. Also, wherever it says "a member" i had Robs in mind the whole time. I figure he's the best candidate because he plays like a normal person, and is a challenge to duel even with your build of choice.
    mackofspades
    mackofspades
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mackofspades Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Top n' da mornin' to ya clanny happy
    Just got off of a "Wonderful" day at work and i am ready to do a little Dark souls before i head on over to Star Trek Online. Whos all online/wanting to play? Ill be working on another level 99 toon (Gonna try archer class! :O) Who is currently at level 30 and about to head on over to the catacombs. If anyone is interested PM me on either PSN, Skype, or the forums. Hope to hang out with someone big grin

EDIT: Thanks for the Rep Btw happy
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:58 pm

i have one idea but with different options.

what if we do a scavenger challenge.

so there will be weapons around the fight area almost at their breakpoint, so close that after a few hits the weapon will break and the player will have to pick up another wep to keep fighting his opponent 'til one of them dies

OR

there can be three different weapons so after each fight the player will keep fighting until the matches are over ( the player with more kills will win).

all kinds of weapons DEX,STR,MAGIC,FAITH etc

i would also suggest that the player have to be naked only with wolf ring on and nothing more but thats just me devil
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:58 pm

No problem dude.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 pm

mackofspades wrote:Top n' da mornin' to ya clanny happy
    Just got off of a "Wonderful" day at work and i am ready to do a little Dark souls before i head on over to Star Trek Online. Whos all online/wanting to play? Ill be working on another level 99 toon (Gonna try archer class! :O) Who is currently at level 30 and about to head on over to the catacombs. If anyone is interested PM me on either PSN, Skype, or the forums. Hope to hang out with someone big grin

EDIT: Thanks for the Rep Btw happy
    There is a group in psn Exiled Chat atm. I'm getting my event char straightened out others are messing around doing other stuff. Drop in! biggrin 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am