Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Tolvo
Serious_Much
Valanor
Bassman Bob
Wilkinson3424
Paragon
Hugh_G_Johnson
Seth Winternight
BloodMoon96
twilightwarwolf
Murkulanvippi
Silent-Warrior
Forum Pirate
mackofspades
Soris Ice Goldwing
Lord of Ash
shadowzninjaz
Demon Slayer
robsthedon
Kahldris_Ducard
Leet
Ahhotep1
26 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE.

Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE. - Page 7 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE.

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I have been thinking what about coordinating a series of matches and encourage people to use tatics, see how they think and have different people use different things, see how they react to the change in each opponent, that way you can see how the other thinks, test your mettle, are you a chicken, do you brazenly charge forth, or can you subtly change your own tactics to emerge victiorous.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE. - Page 7 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! EPOCH FIVE: TRANSCENDENCE.

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:50 pm

I find the "tactical" range peeps display interesting. But be cautious using the word "chicken" as the one extreme to this range.

Yes, some are unsure and, perhaps, even fearful. But there are many factors in-play. A new or inexperienced player at this stage of the game (especially) has every reason to be unsure even fearful. The quality of and emphasis on "invading" has seemingly become almost pathological in nature. The operative word here is "almost". silly

Some "brazenly charge forth" with balls-to-the-wind merrily spamming r1/r2 etc. While others proceed less brazenly but with patience, wisdom and cunning. Both effective to a point.

And both can effectively work together "if" they are team orientated. However, if the "brazen" tends to "grand-stand" the team fails. Just as...if the "patient one" can not change-up to brazen when a true need arises the team fails, again.

Solo play tactics must inherently differ from team play tactics. But they are not opposed.

How many times has someone been summoned to help...only to have the host run willy-nilly through npc's leaving the phantom to fight every single one because all were agro'd. That is a solo player mentality operating in a team situation. At best all that is left is a dysfunctional team. A similar scenario operates in a 2v2 situation were team work is essential.

Haha! notice my emphasis on team work...though I solo play challenge builds a lot or use to. The Wasteland has dulled my Lordran skills immensely.

That needs to change! Duels later guys, yes?

BTW...promotions are coming now that the Guerrilla event is over for this month. Look for them on Monday! happy

Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 pm

I merely meant do you run away from confrontation or do you face your enemy without fear. I run into so many people who just run away all the time.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:I merely meant do you run away from confrontation or do you face your enemy without fear. I run into so many people who just run away all the time.
    Yes, but why do they run? Can that not be a strategic move? Or are they truly scared.

One basic tactic in conflict is to be the one who chooses the "battle field" or their place to die. Which ever applies. Haha!

But, yeah....I got your meaning. I'm quilty of tangential thinking. happy

BTW...Did you see my post in the event thread! silly

Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeaaa I did lol made my sides hurt from laughing stupid dark souls is messing up might have to buy new disc
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 am

It's Monday again. Back to work we go. twistedevil 
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:18 am

TooLeet wrote:It's Monday again. Back to work we go. twistedevil 
    Have fun XD
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 am

I know the feeling meet. I'm taking college level classes in high school im not thrilled either T-T
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 am

Meh Seems okay for me at least for now. Damn the computer though so many x's on things here. Well at least I will play sometimes still.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:40 pm

I have today and tomorrow off!! YAY!!! silly 

Leet...I hope you are not pulling 10-hour days, again. twistedevil 

Tw...I am guessing you are getting your electives out of the way which is good. Then you might be able to dive right into the core of your major(s)! I miss college. I miss the intellectual stimulation and the debates we would have over Greek Coffee or Ouzo at the Nefertiti Diner. Oh! Yeah!!

The Ouzo debates were always an exercise into the wild and the weird! twisted 

Soris...I'm glad to see you posting. Know that you are missed!! biggrin
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Yeah otep, i will most likely be here for 10 hours. If not, i'll be home in a couple hours to play some Dks.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 pm

TooLeet wrote:Yeah otep, i will most likely be here for 10 hours. If not, i'll be home in a couple hours to play some Dks.
    Bummer! But more $$$$ for your "big boy toy". silly Duels later? Yesterday was a wash due to rl intrusion.
    I was thrown from a horse a couple days back. Banged up, sore and a few cuts...nothing unusual. Except my leg felt weird. So I finally went to the hospital. My right tibia has a hairline fracture. At least I didn't go down in cactus. THAT would have been pure torture! LOL
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Today just sucks, Why can't it be another day....... Just found out Uncle has Lung Cancer, dunno what stage yet, and the wife still is not home, Damn it all, just bleh...... 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:Today just sucks, Why can't it be another day....... Just found out Uncle has Lung Cancer, dunno what stage yet, and the wife still is not home, Damn it all, just bleh...... 
    Stop. Take a couple deep breaths. Positive thinking can affect the outcome of many things.

Call your wife right now...talk to her. Did ya get that webcam up and running yet?

We are here for you always!! So, let it out. It's ok. happy
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:36 pm

I am okay, I suppose, I am just burning inside.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:I am okay, I suppose, I am just burning inside.
    Do you cycle, jog, swim? Fire up your body, push it as far as you can...until your muscles begin to hurt then cool down. Intense physical activity can act as a "back-fire".

The neurochemicals released are healing and will adjust your mindset.

If ya wanna duel to get your mind off things enough to re-direct energy...I'm game!

But physical activity works wonders...even a brisk walk!
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:50 pm

The Anger inside can Purify, leaving no malcontent, this Inferno inside me, straining to be released, shall sate the thirst of all who cross the path of injustice, let the beast of rage be contained, to be used for the good of all, instead of the single minded gains of a few.....
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:The Anger inside can Purify, leaving no malcontent, this Inferno inside me, straining to be released, shall sate the thirst of all who cross the path of injustice, let the beast of rage be contained, to be used for the good of all, instead of the single minded gains of a few.....
    Thou hath the power and steady of mind to wrestle rage and turn it unto itself, changed and re-directed. Purifying the malevolent creation and rendering it's counter.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Anger or any "destructive" emotion is not good for the soul.

So stop talking about it.
    The less you talk of it, the less you will have

Did anyone get promos? 

Also Bo i will PM about me not taking participation on the event
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Strapping his plates of armour upon his body, Ekh'Eshah prepared for another inquisitive venture to the Painted World. The potential knowledge would provide means to benefit the covenant and bolster his strength, granting one step closer to the salvation at the end of his road. He preferred to stay in places outside of Ariamis, as he deemed he did not deserve his place among the Exiled. However, one favoured the serenity of this hidden world, guarded by robed figures, than the misery of the outside lands.

The dust and dirt trapped underneath Ekh'Eshah's boots grinded as he stood up, having equipped himself suitably for the long walk. This old shrine provided one of few means outside the Painted World to warm his decaying soul and much activity cultivated here under the blackened sky... Danger included.

One would question why this warrior is so clad in arms and armour, but one hasn't experienced the perils dwelling in Lordran. Trusty scythe in hand with supplies strapped tight, Ekh'Eshah began his trek to the Painted World, having done this many times before. Fortune is far and wide to come by, but having been watching the timelines in Lordran split and meld for what seems like years, he may just get some relief. The air is thick with smoke as per usual, with the pungent and familiar odour of death staining Eshah's nostrils. The one sweet flower, blooming in the artificial sun, stood solitary and without a glow upon its petals.

The crunch of the dirt with the clank of metal repeated itself in every step, until the wonderous stone steps before the chamber of the painting awaited his presence. Kneeling before the painting with his own curious doll in hand, The Watcher drew a sigil upon the stone floor and awaited the painting to draw him in. He did not care who would greet him on the other side, but he shall make a good impression regardless, with the new (or familiar face)... Might as well, since he had nothing left to lose.

Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm

One cannot live without Anger, it is a part of emotions the same as happiness, therefore the only logical solution is to master it, as to not lose your temper, you will see as you grow older, that everything cannot be black and white, and that there is a place for everything in life, with age comes wisdom to be shared to the children of the next.
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Also, Greeting Wanderer, Welcome to the World of the Exiles, be you new or a current Exile yourself, I make thee most welcome and hope to see you in the world of Lordran 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Demon Slayer wrote:Anger or any "destructive" emotion is not good for the soul.

Did anyone get promos? 

Heed Kahldris' advice Demon. Know that the world is made of shades of grey with very few beacons of black and white. And when someone needs to talk you should not shut them down. You "missed" the positive in the above exchange.

Promos will be up when I get them up. happy

I am curious to know why you "seemingly" lurked the chat the entire event yet did not respond until everyone said good night. twisted

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    Demon Slayer wrote:Anger or any "destructive" emotion is not good for the soul.

Did anyone get promos? 

Heed Kahldris' advice Demon. Know that the world is made of shades of grey with very few beckons of black and white. And when someone needs to talk you should not shut them down. You "missed" the positive in the above exchange.

Promos will be up when I get them up. happy

I am curious to know why you "seemingly" lurked the chat the entire event yet did not respond until everyone said good night. twisted 
    Because I'M THE MIZ!...

and I'M... AWWWWESOOOOOME!
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Well this is just lovely.

Last edited by Kahldris_Ducard on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm