Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Share
    avatar
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-05-15

    Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:48 pm

    Just wanted to say how much fun I've been having with my first real quality build, and recommend it to everyone that hasn't tried it. My mistake was thinking that I didn't want to use any pure str or dex weapons cause it would be a waste, which is just not true.

    With room for 15 weight in weapons/shield, I love how many different combinations I can use. Some that I've been playing around with:

    Greatsword/Rapier, Dark Hand/Composite Bow (What I built it for)
    Greatsword/Shotel, Dark Hand/Pyro
    Claymore/Washing Pole, Dark Hand/Pyro
    Claymore/Rapier, Dark Hand/Uchigatana

    Also swap out great club for greatsword sometimes, or can use large club to make room for shotel without taking bow out. These are my current weapons of choice:

    Longsword
    Claymore
    Greatsword
    Zweihander
    Shotel
    Uchigatana
    Washing Pole
    Rapier
    Large Club
    Great Club

    Anyone have any suggestions of other weapons to try out? Here's the build if anyone's interested, though I have a post about it and may be changing it:

    http://mmdks.com/3icp

    Edit: the changed build - http://mmdks.com/3ixr


    Last edited by ScottyDoesKnow on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 420
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 36
    Location : France

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by VaDoom on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:31 pm

    Quality is my favorite build, but I'm more the type to go 27(28)/40 instead of 40/40 and 2H most of my attacks.
    I don't have that much weight for weapon/shield, so I menu swap everything.
    I use the broadsword more than the longsword, just because i prefer the moveset.
    You may also use demon spear as a backup. I use it when my opponent use a spear himself and it's very powerfull considering most of spear user know nothing else that 2H R1 spam.
    I quick swap the composite bow with silver tracer for criticals, it weights the same, so it's practical.
    You may try murakumo too. I find it good for dead angles and sometimes even for phantom hits. it scales only E in stregth but with A in dext, that's fine enough.
    VS a turtle, if you want an alternative to dead angle, a barbed straight sword might do the work too. it weughts just as much as a broadsword/longsword.
    I can't link you my build from here, but I could later if you're interested. Nothing fancy though : 27/40 77 poise menu swaping everithing even rings and armors to use the heavier weapons.
    My default setting is broadsword/comp bow right, and crest shield left.


    _________________
    PSN : mega_perle
    PC : BandeDeNazes
    avatar
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 40
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-07-31
    Age : 21
    Location : Teeeeexas

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by OminousSquaffle on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:44 pm

    ScottyDoesKnow wrote:Just wanted to say how much fun I've been having with my first real quality build, and recommend it to everyone that hasn't tried it. My mistake was thinking that I didn't want to use any pure str or dex weapons cause it would be a waste, which is just not true.

    With room for 15 weight in weapons/shield, I love how many different combinations I can use. Some that I've been playing around with:

    Greatsword/Rapier, Dark Hand/Composite Bow (What I built it for)
    Greatsword/Shotel, Dark Hand/Pyro
    Claymore/Washing Pole, Dark Hand/Pyro
    Claymore/Rapier, Dark Hand/Uchigatana

    Also swap out great club for greatsword sometimes, or can use large club to make room for shotel without taking bow out. These are my current weapons of choice:

    Longsword
    Claymore
    Greatsword
    Zweihander
    Shotel
    Uchigatana
    Washing Pole
    Rapier
    Large Club
    Great Club

    Anyone have any suggestions of other weapons to try out? Here's the build if anyone's interested, though I have a post about it and may be changing it:

    http://mmdks.com/3icp
    Your current selection is almost exactly what I use. I'd toss the Murakumo and perhaps Gold Tracer in there (I never use the banana blade for standard PvP but it is good for bleeding out the hacks) and other than that...looks like a good lineup.

    Wait, no. Balder Swag Sword too.


    _________________
    When forced to choose between two evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried yet.
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 33
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 pm

    40/40 has merit.  While you get more useful poise break off 2h, the greatsword class can only stunlock off 1h and the ability to block quickly or even use an offhand weapon (which will also be full power) is a plus. 

    IMO carry all of these:

    - Reinforced club
    - Katana of choice
    - Zweihander
    - Longsword or Broadsword
    - Demon's Spear
    - Rapier
    - Murakumo
    - Claymore
    - Composite Bow
    - Shotel

    Menu swap to what you like based on what you see on your opponent.


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by Sentiel on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:18 pm

    I prefer to use a straight sword like Longsword, or Broadsword with Rapier for critcals and poking. Even though Claymore is awesome, as soon as you got your weapon hanging over your shoulder, people take it as a sign to backstab fish your every move. -__-

    Composite bow for ranged attacks and Grass Crest Shield for Stamina regen mostly, because I twohand the sword most of the time.

    I have a Shotel and Gold Tracer ready for quick swap and also Demon's Spear. It usually is enough to face any build.

    avatar
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 347
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2013-01-15

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by xenon_nobelium on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:06 pm

    hand axe
    partizan
    estoc
    warpick
    HALBERD
    are the most obvious missing weapons that hugely benefit from a quality build


    _________________
    Build Archive
    avatar
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-05-15

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:33 am

    Thanks for all the tips, I'll try em all out when I get a chance. No demon spear though, I just hate how it looks. Also really don't like the flailing attacks of the balder R1 and estoc R2. I checked out the moveset on the broadsword as well, but since I have the longsword upgraded pretty well already I'll stick with that for now.
    avatar
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 76
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Age : 26

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by Devokai on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 am

    Sentiel wrote:I prefer to use a straight sword like Longsword, or Broadsword with Rapier for critcals and poking. Even though Claymore is awesome, as soon as you got your weapon hanging over your shoulder, people take it as a sign to backstab fish your every move. -__-

    Composite bow for ranged attacks and Grass Crest Shield for Stamina regen mostly, because I twohand the sword most of the time.

    I have a Shotel and Gold Tracer ready for quick swap and also Demon's Spear. It usually is enough to face any build.
     I agree with this 100%. I used to use claymore/rapier exclusively until the fire nation attacked...I mean until the dwgr flippers started toying with my every move. There are some bs prevention techniques you can apply when using a claymore but it's still gonna happen from time to time. Although unlike Sent I prefer the good old chaos blade for those people. Katanas just seem to have the most unique r1 spamming speed for catching people out of rolls.
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 33
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 am

    ^ claymore's sweeping attacks unlocked should cause flippers grief though.  Straight swords are even better at anti-BS unlocked because they're faster though.


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:19 pm

    Greataxe, it gets 632 ar at 40/40 so theres no reason not to use it if you like the weapon class
    Goughs greatbow, so many uses.
    battle axe, here's a nice show case for it:


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-05-15

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:38 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:Greataxe, it gets 632 ar at 40/40 so theres no reason not to use it if you like the weapon class
    Goughs greatbow, so many uses.
    battle axe, here's a nice show case for it:
    Unfortunately I just swapped over to a 28/40 build so the greataxe isn't really an option anymore. I do have the dragonslayer greatbow on my, I like the look better. I've never personally been a fan of those hammer-type weapons. I mainly go for huge strength weapons and leave the smaller weapons to quality/dex. Hand axe is probably the farthest I'll go, at least it has two R1 animations.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Quality build is awesome. Weapon suggestions?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 pm