Is it normal to get that much souls is pvp?

Moalover

Is it normal to get that much souls is pvp?

Post by Moalover on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:15 am

Hello, well today i was doing some pvp in the forest (first time btw, i usually invade as DW devil ) with my SL 83 mage, eventually there was one fight, when as soon as i joined this guy's world he was being killed by a red phantom, i'm pretty sure i didn't even touched the guy, althoug one of my pursueres may have hit him, anyway, when the fight is over i get the  usual trespasser banished message and boom! 800k+ souls in an instant =/, it got me from SL 83 to SL 101 in 5 minutes. So i'm gessing it's not normal, as DW i got about 5~10k per victory.

Bottom line, if that happens often then i just found an even better way to farm souls than my previous method (1shotting big guys in anor londo, 9k souls per minute or so).

Cheers!.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Re: Is it normal to get that much souls is pvp?

Post by GrinTwist on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 am

Well that depends on if you were invading as a forest hunter. From what I've seen forest hunters can invade any level upward. So the chances are (with the amount of battles you won) you may have invaded a player with a higher level than you.

I'm no expert with PVP myself but I've heard that some players that are hosting at high levels in the forest can drop a large quantity of souls when killed. I've gotten one that dropped around 200k souls when I was forest hunting myself.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:40 am

Darkwraiths and forest hunters both invade any level higher then them with no difference in the amount of souls gained. You get 10% of the souls it takes for that person to level up, so if you look at the levels in Mugen Monkey (which I cannot check right now) you can go check what level he was. I once got nearly two million from an invasion once.

The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    Moalover

Post by Moalover on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:16 am

Ohh well then i guess it was pure luck then, that player should've destroyed me sick  anyway it saved me from grinding to 100 before NG+ as i was planning to do, thanks!.cheers

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:36 pm

https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/mini-calcs

Over 800k souls means around max level, which is pretty much impossible to do legit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:41 pm