Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
shadowzninjaz
CakeThiefPro
PlasticandRage
Slarg232
Spurgun
dancash1808
Carphil
Elite Knight
Latitoast
TehInfamousAmos
TheMeInTeam
Laharls_Wrath
Doctor Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Myztyrio
Reaperfan
20 posters

League of Legends

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

League of Legends - Page 2 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 pm

How would you set up Yi? Just trying him on a whim, and I'm seeing all kinds of radically different builds online. Not really anything that seemed like it made a lot of sense considering the way I've seen him played. I'm setting up one of my own just as a guess based on everything I've seen and trying it against bots, but some more practiced insight would be nice.

I'm setting mine up AD, attack speed, and criticals. Doesn't most of his damage come from his autoattacks? I could be wrong, but when I see him played that's what it seems like.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:45 pm

hmm hes also played with heavy AP build, relying in his first skill for insane damage, the ult that refreshes cooldown to spam the first skill, and buidling AP you can get healed by that other skill for absurds amounts of HP

never tried AD myself, I guess is more common, and he shines late game, being a glass cannon, super squishy but with a ton of damage
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 am

He's really fun. AD/AS/Crit definitely worked. I was just tearing through everyone, and between his R, Flash, and Exhaust there was no getting away. By the end I was refilling my entire max health with my W anyway. Could just be because I had low max health anyway though.

The only 2 things I didn't like was that he was pretty squishy himself, and I felt his total lack of cc a few times. I think I'm going to ditch one of my damage items for a well rounded defensive item and call it good. So far my build is Berserker's, Phantom Dancer, Zephyr, Nashor's for some AP in there, Infinity Edge, and Statikk Shiv. I think I'm going to ditch the Shiv. Between the Infinity Edge and the Phantom Dancer more crit% isn't entirely essential, movement speed is already high through my boots, Phantom Dancer, and Zephyr, and AS is taken care of through Nashor's, Zephyr, the Dancer, and my boots. I think throwing a little defense in there instead would be a good plan. Not sure what I'm going to use yet though. I'm thinking health and armor though.

With his high attack speed some lifesteal might not hurt either.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm terrible at making AD builds, but I think that if you put a Bloodthirster in shivs or nashors place, you could get more AD and survivability

about being shishy and low CC, you could use a frozen mallet since it provides both health and slow, but again, I'm not a pro
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:32 pm

ditch the zephyr unless its late game and you trade your boots for it. that'd be my 2 cents. it doesnt provide enough for it to be worth it... as yi you should be able to stick to them without the MS and the rest just doesnt justify it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Last night for my second game I ditched the Shiv and added Randuin's. Worked pretty well. I was thinking about maybe throwing the Ravenous Hydra on there as a situational sub. If I need the defense I'd go for Randuin's and if I want to just keep stacking damage I'll add the Hydra. I was considering the Runic Bulwark in place of Randuin's also for some magic res on top of health and armor. Still not sure where I want to go there. I like the Zephyr added to the other items I've got there. Between the attack speed, the movement speed, AD, and CD, with tenacity as a bonus I don't think that's a low return at all. All those bonuses are building on important stats for the build and tenacity is just a nice thing to add. Between that, the boots, the couple other items in there that add movement speed, and his ult, I was flying across the map when I needed to. It was a nice replacement for cc. Could still catch enemies that were trying to get away as if I'd slowed or stunned them.

All in all I think he's really fun. It'd be nice if his Q scaled with AD, but at level 18 it does nice damage with no extra AP anyway.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 pm

I started playing four days ago. I gotta say, I enjoy it a whole lot; definitely more than any MMOs I've played. I also enjoy how League isn't a pay-to-win game, and that the only way to really be good at it is to play-a lot.

I enjoy the game, but I'm still very new and not that great in matches.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm

You'll get better if you keep at it. Experiment with different champs. I played bot games a lot when I first started to get a handle on how everything works in a lower pressure environment, but there's value in playing PvP matches early to learn too. Bot games were just what I felt like I needed in order to learn.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Oh, I play bot games all the time. I've done one PvP game (one of my level 30 friends invited me to a game with other level 30s so I had no business being there) and got wrecked. I'm trying to learn the most effective ways to utilize the Champions I like.

My favorites so far are Aatrox, Ashe, and Twisted Fate. I've used Master Yi once and liked him, but he isn't necessarily a favorite of mine. I also need to get 87 more Riot points so I can purchase Thresh. ._.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Buy a few of the 450 IP champs. They're all good, and they're so cheap that it's not a big hit to your IP, and it'll probably help you to figure out what champion types you like and what you're good at. Honestly I've never used any of those champs so I can't five much advice there. Ashe and TF are both decent choices though from what I've seen. I hate Aatrox though. I won't recommend him because I can't stand him. That's probably just me though.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:04 pm

I seem to find a lot of people don't like Aatrox. I enjoy playing as him, actually. He's a lot of fun for me, definitely my kind of style. It's all just a matter of getting really good with him.

I did purchase Ashe with IP, and thought about getting Garen as well, as I used him in the tutorial and rather enjoyed his move set. Although I have gotten more kills with Ashe than anyone else so far. I have my eyes on a few Champs, but they'll come to me later, when I get better.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:23 pm

People don't dislike Aatrox because he's bad. He can be amazing. I dislike him for a few reasons. One is that he's pretty OP right now. Not very balanced in relation to other champs. At least as far as I'm concerned. I think he's probably got a nerf is his near future. The other thing is I see him used like the champion for people who don't like to play with the team. I'm sure you're not doing it or probably even seeing it as much at low level because the people you're playing with are also just figuring out how things work. Those two things combined he can be awful to fight against, and frustrating to fight on the same team as. Kinda like Teemo. If you lane with him most of the time he's going to be hogging all the xp and gold in your lane, and leaving you behind, or kill stealing you over and over. That's how I've seen him played pretty consistently. The other thing I don't like, that I've seen the few times I've played with Aatrox's that were actually team players, is that he can be very dangerous to his teammates in team fights. Say you get into a 2v2 fight in your lane and Aatrox rushes in and uses his abilities that consume his health, then the enemies focus on him first, a few seconds prior you were in a 2v2 fight with another full health champ on your side, and a few later your in the midst of 2 enemy champs while your teammate is in stasis refilling his health from the blood well ability. It leaves you by yourself in that battle suddenly and can screw you quickly. All that considered he just feels like the champ for people who like to play by themselves. Maybe he'd be a good mid laner for all those reasons? Who knows. I've never seen him played that way though.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:21 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:All in all I think he's really fun. It'd be nice if his Q scaled with AD, but at level 18 it does nice damage with no extra AP anyway.

Well you will be pleasantly surprised to know that next patch his Q is being changed to be 100% AD Scaling happy
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Page 69!

I find this game to be very tedious and slow early-game. I may give it another chance though since I have friends who are into it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

That's awesome. He'll be a hell of a lot more dangerous if his Q was scaling with the same stats his E and R buff. Quarik was telling me he was nerfed semi-recently anyway. I think he could he could use that boost.

Where'd you find that information? Do they release the stuff they intend to patch somewhere?

^ You should. I downloaded it a little over a year ago and gave it a shot. I couldn't figure out why people liked it so much. Saw it as an RTS game with one map and no offline campaign, which really isn't appealing at all. I played a couple matches, asked for advice a couple times, and was called a noob instead of helped, and I signed off and uninstalled. I'm really glad I gave it another chance though. It was actually this thread that did it too. I was bored, and stumbled in here and was reading a few of the conversations and I gave it a shot and now I'm just addicted as the next guy. Really great game for a lot of reasons.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:48 pm

The only nerf that Master Yi has gotten recently was a change to his W. AP Yi is broken as hell due to how gigantic W scales with AP and how Q's cooldown is refreshed if you get an assist or kill while using your ultimate.

• ARMOR, MAGIC RESISTANCE: 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300

• BONUS HEALTH REGENERATION PER SECOND: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160(+ 40% AP)

• MAXIMUM HEAL: 200 / 350 / 500 / 650 / 800 (+ 200% AP)

It used to have a 4.0 scaling for healing, making Yi while using Meditate have unstoppable health regen and insane tank resistances. He is a problem but should be getting fixed soon with his rework.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:14 pm

AP Yi was never "OP as hell", it's just that Riot has overnerfed everything about LoL and caused it to become a problem.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Elite Knight wrote:Oh, I play bot games all the time. I've done one PvP game (one of my level 30 friends invited me to a game with other level 30s so I had no business being there) and got wrecked. I'm trying to learn the most effective ways to utilize the Champions I like.

My favorites so far are Aatrox, Ashe, and Twisted Fate. I've used Master Yi once and liked him, but he isn't necessarily a favorite of mine. I also need to get 87 more Riot points so I can purchase Thresh. ._.

I don't usually catch people this early into starting, so I rarely get to give this advice I'm about to give (this statement was brought to you by self indulgence!)

Ahem...anyway.  Play PvP matches as early as possible and as much as possible.  If you play mostly bot games until max level you will find yourself at a severe disadvantage in terms of certain nuanced skills.  Playing in bot games is nothing like a high-level PvP match, and there are things you can't pick up on in a bot game (mostly little predictive movements in how you lane).

Not to say that bot games are bad.  They're great for trying out a new champion and seeing if you like how their kit and gameplay choices flow, as well as figuring out a good pattern in building your core items.  But once you have that flow down, start using them in PvP so you aren't blown out of the water by experienced PvPers in ranked.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:12 am

^ Yeah, that's absolutely true. I forgot to mention when I gave you my advice that I didn't really start playing PvP matches until I was level 10, and I wished that I had a little bit sooner.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 am

For once I feel like I did good in a game

Me and a friend played my cousin and his friend from camp, we beat them, and I had some use.

I was supporting with Shen and got about 5 kills and 2 deaths, not my average at all big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:01 am

I just revisited Garen for the first time in a really long while. He's actually pretty great. When I was last using him I didn't really know anything about damage scaling, or that abilities scaled off things other than AD or AP. Getting crazy results with his ult now that I'm using it properly. He does nice damage all around, has decent enough cc, good farmer, a good tank. What's not to like? I'm going to try him in PvP I think.

Only thing I didn't really like is I think he could use a better passive. 0.4% just isn't that much out of combat. I think it'd have been more effective if it were either a higher % out of combat or a constant regen.

Aatrox case and point. I just won a 5v5 against a team who was beating us pretty much right from the beginning. We were behind by 10-15 kills towards the end, they were higher level, and slaughtering us in team fights. They had an Aatrox who kept running in last, waiting for his team to do the damage, then running in and doing his AoE to get the kills. So we started splitting up into 2 teams of 2 and our Malz by himself because he was doing fine alone, and scattering into the jungle to try to break them up and pick them off alone to open up turrets, and our Morgana and I kept running into him in top jungle and killing him. I was saving my ults as Garen and she was stunning him then we were draining his health and I'd blast him with my ult when he'd leave stasis with low health for the kill. After a few times he started running from us, and I caught him with the last one over their base wall and he didn't come back up. Come to find out after the game that he was whining to his team the whole time that he couldn't get anymore kills, and flipping out every time we killed him. Evidently he left the game after the last time, followed by their MF who I guess hadn't been doing well either. That right there pretty much sums up the entirety of my experience with Aatrox.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:19 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Only thing I didn't really like is I think he could use a better passive. 0.4% just isn't that much out of combat. I think it'd have been more effective if it were either a higher % out of combat or a constant regen.

Keep in mind that, just like Mundo, his passive is described in terms of "per second" as opposed to everything-else-in-the-game's "per five seconds." To get an accurate description of its power and how it sounds in context with other abilities in the game you have to multiply it by 5, putting it at 2% instead of 0.4%.

That means having Gragas's passive up all the time when out of combat. Or a 25% more powerful version of Mundo's passive. Or enough to take a full blow from Brand's passive. And so on and so forth. When it comes to regen, Garen actually has some of the best in the game.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:17 am

Regardless of it being high in comparison I'm finding it to be pretty useless. I just laned top 1v2 twice, and when you're doing that keeping yourself healed is pretty essential. I figured that, like Malphite, I could poke then fall back to the turret and regenerate, but it just isn't enough to be at all effective. To regenerate yourself fully with base health would still take like a 2 minute wait. At 2 minutes you might as well recall and then run back. Granted it'll still regenerate while you're fighting minions, but at lower level even they do damage faster than it regenerates. I could see it maybe being useful if you have a ton of health, making the .4% a much higher number, but again I feel like if you're level 18, and have the full build necessary to have all that health you're still not going to want to go hide somewhere for a full minute.

It'd probably be useful if you paired it with lifesteal, or other items that regenerate health, but I feel like, unless you're building full tank, doing those things would take other important things away from him.

I just played a game with an Aatrox jungler on my team. I'll give him that. He really shines in the jungle in the hands of a skilled player. Kept flying over barriers and into my fights mid lane to gank. Really helpful.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:42 am

I think I'm starting to get the hang of the game now.

Tanky supports are my best role but I can do AD and AP too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:33 am

I just bought Sejuani the other night. Best tanky support I've used. Starts out a bit on the squishy side, but by mid to late game she's a monster. She's pricey, but worth checking out if that's a direction you want to go. Nunu is fun and could be considered both of those things too. He's really cheap as well. I've had a lot of fun playing both of them. Not much that I've done so far is quite as satisfying as tagging a big group of champions with Nunu's ult. It's tough to do but really fun trying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm