Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
CrackSouls
Maneater_Mildred
Reaperfan
exandroide
Forum Pirate
RailBladerX
10 posters

Taboo Fighting Styles.

RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Taboo Fighting Styles. Empty Taboo Fighting Styles.

Post by RailBladerX Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:22 am

Basically Which spells do players consider "holy **** that is so op don't SPAM CHEATER!"

basically dueling etiquette?

I know the Wrath of God spell is for the most part just a noob spam/no fun spell. and try not to back stab as its op, and needs tweeking.
    (teleport back stab anyone?)

For example My build is all about hitting you once (generally will bring you to 20-10% health) and then useing Combustion to get that last hit in for the kill. I use the Demons Great axe with the Darkmoon buff, and Power within (and generally use the magic protection spell when i can). but its So slow i need that combustion to finish them.

cheap? fair?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Taboo Fighting Styles. Empty Re: Taboo Fighting Styles.

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 am

Out side of FC anyone who says anything you do sans hacking @ low lvl griefing is unfair is just plain wrong. play how you want, not how strangers tell you. In duels i always bow before @after but anything else is fair game.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:40 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Out side of FC anyone who says anything you do sans hacking @ low lvl griefing is unfair is just plain wrong. play how you want, not how strangers tell you. In duels i always bow before @after but anything else is fair game.

yep. i've been murdered while bowing, WOG'd off cliffs, chain backstabbed, etc so many times that i've pretty much given up any pretext of honor outside of 1v1 duels and FC. last nite i invaded in the painted world and found the host with two phantoms working on the undead dragon. i stood at the top of the steps and pulled out my binoculars (the universal sign for "i'll wait for you to be ready) and one of the jerks blasts me with a crystal soul spear. i should have just ran up behind them and Fire Tempested the hell out of them.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:39 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Out side of FC anyone who says anything you do sans hacking @ low lvl griefing is unfair is just plain wrong. play how you want, not how strangers tell you. In duels i always bow before @after but anything else is fair game.

Sorry but I'm gonna be kinda nitpicky here, but you realise that @ means "at" and not "and" right? The symbol for "and" is &. It makes your posts where you use it kind of difficult to read for me :|

On Topic: The only time rules apply in fights are in predetermined dueling events such as FC, or when fighting someone via RSS or Dragon Sign. Outside of that I'm fine with it being anything goes. But if someone drops a red or dragon sign it's a clear indicator they are looking for a fight as opposed to just looking to f*** you over, so ganging up or spamming against RSS/Dragon Sign users seems very unethical to me. As to what specifically is cheap, I'm gonna say it's all subjective and different people will find different things cheap, but for me I only see 3 things as cheap:

1. TWoP
    2. Poise Backstabbing
    3. Rushing and ganging up ala bowstabbing or 3v1

And that's my 2 cents.
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:47 am

So do you guys consider for example Replenish to be cheap whether its in basic pvp or FC?

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:00 am

I can honestly say I've never seen Replenish used ever, so I have no idea how it would fare in PvP in terms of power. I would say that unless it was strong enough to rival Demon's Souls' regen builds then it might be arguable if it was allowable or not, but I would lean on the side of allowable since to reach those levels would take a ridiculous amount of Faith investment and it would be limited in its duration instead of permanent.

But seriously, was I the only one who never liked the Adjuticator Shield?
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 am

Reaperfan wrote:I can honestly say I've never seen Replenish used ever, so I have no idea how it would fare in PvP in terms of power.?

I use it in my Vitality build, since it adds 600 HP regardless of faith and talisman (weird i know...) and only requires like 5-6 faith. but i don't remember the casting time. i normal put it on right before a fight anyways.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 am

Live(& die) by your own code of honor, decide what you think is cheap and dont use it. Just dont expect others to share your ideas, as anything in the game, is in to be used.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:47 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Live(& die) by your own code of honor, decide what you think is cheap and dont use it. Just dont expect others to share your ideas, as anything in the game, is in to be used.

^^^
    I think this sounds the fairest by far.

Except for XBox Modders. &%$# those guys.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:18 am

Yeah i know reaper, i'm typing on my playstation and don't have a keyboard so i'm prone to dumb mistakes.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:33 am

Personally I don't like Pyromancy in duels, I wish others wouldn't use it but I'm not going to give anyone crap for it. I typically gauge a person by dodging a few hits and seeing what they are doing. Fishing for backstabs with high poise and a critical weapon, that is pretty lame to me. Naked with dragonbone fists trying to Shur me? Awesome.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 pm

No one sane considers replenish cheap. It's a completely legit buff. I'm at the point nowadays that I don't care what my opponent does unless theyre ganking my spawn point or attacking me during a bow.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 pm

I used replenish with my Paladin Leeroy cosplay, it makes the Sanctus seem useful then.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 pm

I don't really have issues w/ anything anybody uses. I don't like backstab fishers simply because the fights are soooooooo boring, but I don't care if all they want to have are boring *** fights. I think I've been hit by WoG twice and never in succession, so I don't have problems w/ 'spammers'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm