Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
TheMeInTeam
MosquitoPower
Slarg232
ChizFreak
Latitoast
Cronotis
skarekrow13
Hue
twigsterxd
KrazykevS10
Sentiel
15 posters

Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll)

Poll

Who is better OVERALL?

[ 7 ]
    Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) I_vote_lcap17%Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 22 ]
    Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) I_vote_lcap54%Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) I_vote_rcap [54%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) I_vote_lcap29%Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 41
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) Empty Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll)

Post by ChizFreak Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:54 pm

VOUT RAIT NAW

Spoiler:
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) Empty Re: Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll)

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:14 pm

As long as their blodd is not on my hands.
    Sunbros all the way! \o/
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) Empty Re: Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll)

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Let's solve the FINAL MYSTERY in DARK SOULS (poll) 360
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 pm

I vote neither of them. Hardly use npc's and when I do, I use them to keep bosses off me.
    Also Chiz, think you forgot a couple. Mildred, the firekeepers murderer, (fotget his name).
    But if I had to choose I would say Mildred because she's badass and keeps Quelaag off me.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Not leeroy because he's from Thorolund and probably really ugly.

I can't choose between Tarkus and Solaire...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Tarkus has the freshest gear. Word.

Also the mutual respect. One time I invaded in Sen's and the host summoned him. We stood eye to eye for a few seconds. Then he walked by me and I fought the host.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 pm

People really believe it's anyone but Tarkus?  Look Skyward
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:56 pm

twigsterxd wrote:I vote neither of them. Hardly use npc's and when I do, I use them to keep bosses off me.
    Also Chiz, think you forgot a couple. Mildred, the firekeepers murderer, (fotget his name).
    But if I had to choose I would say Mildred because she's badass and keeps Quelaag off me.

No, I didn't forget anyone that doesn't suck. Except maybe Oscar, but he is in another category.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Sif is the best summon.

He's a wolf, your argument is invalid.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Latitoast wrote:Sif is the best summon.

Leeroy is yellow. My argument stands strong.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Yellow hurts my eyes and needs to die.

Sif is great, he's gray, and he's a wolf, your argument does not stand tall.

Sif is an awesome tank that helps with a boss that is actually capable of killing you.

Leeroy fights the weakest boss in the game, even Gwyndolin is harder than Pinwheel.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Leeroy and I committed a hate crime in pinwheel. That's pretty cool. Sif is cool but she doesn't fist bump like Tarkus clearly does
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Tarkus solos an easy boss.

Manus is much more capable of killing things, he can actually solo 3 sanctuary guardians, and you and Sif wreck him as a pair.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Solaire is the only real choice.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:54 am

Its a shame Leeroy is:
    1. A hard summon sign to find so not many people ever got to fight with him.
    2. Is an assist at a super easy boss.
    3. Is such an easy to beat invader.

Especially if you compare Leeroy to his alter ego from DemonSouls, Garl Vinland... that guy was bad news.

If this was running at me:
    Spoiler:
    I would want Solaire AND Tarkus backing me up.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:51 am

Solaire easily:

- Much cooler dialog.  For example, he has dialog.  It's actually good too.
    - The boss fights you can summon solaire to help with are more challenging than the boss fight you can summon Tarkus or Leeroy.
    - Through direct lore observation, Solaire clearly makes it further in Lordran than Tarkus and Leeroy.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 am

The help on O&S is super valuable. Tarkus does solo but Solaire's summons are where you might actually need a bro helping out. Gargs/drake and Josh where you wont get outnumbered And centipede who you can't safely hit all the time.

Solaire all the way.

But if it were an option Sif is actually a huge help on Manus, and he doesn't up the bosses health because of his unique mid boss summon sign
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:31 am

I agree with this.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:30 am

MosquitoPower wrote:Its a shame Leeroy is:
    1. A hard summon sign to find so not many people ever got to fight with him.
    2. Is an assist at a super easy boss.
    3. Is such an easy to beat invader.

Especially if you compare Leeroy to his alter ego from DemonSouls, Garl Vinland... that guy was bad news.

If this was running at me:
    Spoiler:
    I would want Solaire AND Tarkus backing me up.

So true.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:43 am

Have you ever invaded someone with NPC phantom? Those guys are insane, especially on NG+. They remind me of Old King in this state a bit tbh.

I wish that the BP versions that invade you were as tough as their summon versions. Would make for interesting optional bossfights. Again, similarly to Old King. This way, we end them with a few attacks and be on our way.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:54 pm

I agree all others fail in comparison. Including tarkus who imo is really no help. Though to be fair i feel none of those guys are. Solarie dies so easily, tarkus (for me) gets thrown off and dies or just stands still. And Leeroy may be good if the boss was worth needing him.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Sif makes the manus fight harder for me.
    I don't know who he is targetting so i can't dodge properly.
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Sif may be the coolest, but he is by far the most useless. I am going to agree with his awesomeness as a wolf; not his usefulness. The others are actually useful; besides Leeroy. Leeroy is only useful if you're fighting Pinwheel with unupgraded stuff and low low level.

Sif makes the fight easier; but it does mess with Manus' RNG. The only thing about Manus that makes him scary is his Tantrum which gets used more often (from what I have seen) with Sif in the battle.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:46 pm

beatrix? beatris? the witch. Its so simple to kill the butterfly when all I have to do is stand there and block.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:beatrix? beatris? the witch. Its so simple to kill the butterfly when all I have to do is stand there and block.
    Beartice, lore-wise, her magic is powerful enough to walk into the abyss without the covenant of artorias.

Sentiel wrote:I wish that the BP versions that invade you were as tough as their summon versions. Would make for interesting optional bossfights. Again, similarly to Old King. This way, we end them with a few attacks and be on our way.
    Now i'm kinda glad Tarkus never invades....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am