Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 12 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:03 am

finally got 20 ears in anor londo
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 12 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:46 am

I have updated our roster to reflect Insane21's name change to JamieJae.  :Beer:  Here's to a fresh start Jamie!

Don't worry about double-posting, Soris. silly I certainly don't hesitate to make a new post if nobody's said anything else and I have something else to say unrelated to the first post. big grin I'm going to try and post more often regardless, we need to keep active.  Silence breads silence.   In fact; Godzilla just saved me from a double-post! LOL -- good lookin' out! silly Seriously; good work, keep it up.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:33 am

lol its what i'm here for
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:05 am

yawn  Staying up at three am. I know I will regret this later but it is nice to do again. Sorry I didn't get on to play the game I never noticed until now my grandfather has Beowulf in his book cabinet so I have been reading that all night among some other things. Be back tomorrow.....wait I mean later today.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 am

Icegodzilla wrote:lol its what i'm here for
    Good man! Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 12 Bloodtrail

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:yawn  Staying up at three am. I know I will regret this later but it is nice to do again. Sorry I didn't get on to play the game I never noticed until now my grandfather has Beowulf in his book cabinet so I have been reading that all night among some other things. Be back tomorrow.....wait I mean later today.
    Up late/early myself. big grin Did some more character building, then did some invasions.  I had unprecedented success with my grant build.  LOL -- I just realized my grant build has the least amount of poise of any of my mid-roll setups. silly I got a riposte in with the grant.  Only one though sad-- I'm considering adding "master of the partial parry" to my roster mini-bio again (I had at least a dozen partials tonight).  I hit a few R2 super wogs too.  The funniest was catching a guy coming out of a roll right on a ledge.  The timing was perfect, he went flying before he stood up.  He rolled 1 frame too early. LOL  

It was a good night, it's been a while since I dedicated a couple hours of play to invasions for one reason or another.  I tried some random duels the other day and it just doesn't do it for me.  Even on a good streak, I just feel 'good' -- that's about it.  Winning invasions are rarely that dull.   When I invade it's rare for me not to get really pumped up or LMAO at something.  I literally stand up and walk around sometimes after some invasions.

Anyway; I was right about the debrief post prediction. silly It felt good to do as well on that grant build as I did.  That was the first time I haven't switched builds or quit in frustration.  I only fought one guy (laggy DWGR user) that made me think 'damn, I wish I had another build'.  I made him fight forever (he was pissed too, he spammed kick at me after he finally got me LOL).  I would have had to really work to kill him with any build, so I didn't even bother switching... or I would have. big grin But, there were a few laggy fishers and I found a way to get them all, except him and maybe one other guy I only invaded once.  

----

Oh, one final note; I BCed from the world of a guy who had a straight sword move-set on a zweihänder.  But, it's better than the last guy who had a katana-händer... and then messaged me 'cuz I ran away an BCed... then denied having move-swapped and blammed lag.  I'd almost believe him, but I saw him do two 3-swing combos that were quick vertical strikes for sure -- I looked to make sure it was a zwei... that's what I wasn't 100% on.  But, he admitted having a zwei.  
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 pm

I just wanted to post that I would be on in a bit to get  few fights into the game. It should be fun to fight again and then I will head to the forest for the rest of the night.

Edit: Some days I hate myself but I am going to divert from that and just call myself an idiot on par with Cirno's bakaness (I know bakaness is not a real word I just used it for comparison). Forgot to put my profile on the UBS disk when I went with my dad to his father's home. Typical.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Jeez I really should have played this weekend if this void happens. Oh well I will have to remember where my profile is next time before I travel.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:39 am

at long last i have finally gotten 20 kills in the forst, i hope to god i never have to do that again.......so many hackers.......so many ganks
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:05 am

Hey guys! Sorry I've been well out of the game for a while now given I moved house and jobs all in the same month - been a bit manic on the personal life front. But I'm dipping my toe back into the ocean that is the DkS community here and saying hi wave 

Hope you are all looking forward to DkS2 - lots of Beta footage on youtube.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:16 pm

@Soris; sorry to hear.

@Godzilla; good work.

@Hali; good to hear from you, welcome back.

----

Did some more grant invasions Sunday, unfortunately it didn't go as well.  But, it was ok -- I landed three parries in a fairly short session, so that was pretty sweet.  I decided to use my obsidian build today.  I got a sweet double kill on my first invasion.  I was trying to regroup after the host healed a white from near death, but they chased me down.  I knocked the host off a ledge with a defensive wog and followed with a plunge.  The host was still barely alive, but passed an opportunity to heal to try and keep pressure on me -- didn't work.  I was able to off the white too, even though he ran as soon as I killed the host. LOL  

I got one guy in dark AL who did nothing but fish -- he either was circling or waiting for me to attack.  He did a few R1s, but I'm pretty sure they were BS fails.  I countered him 3 times, but every time my rapier went into his back we'd swap places (at least they were cancelled BSes -- I've actually taken damage on a BS when I started out doing the BS straight face ).  He actually tried a combustion and a fireball before I landed a counter BS that 1-shot him.

I went to the painted world after a while and I ran into a pair of gankers there.  I'm a bit embarrassed to say they killed me 4 times.  But, they needed plenty of estus and even more lag to barely kill me each time (once I forgot to put on the wolf ring too angry  ) however... and there something else that took the sting out it... OH YEAH!  I got 7 ears off the host and killed the white 6 times!  HAHAHA!!! silly 

I won the first 3 invasions too.  They didn't even have a chance until they saw all my tricks.  I used the phalanx the first time; I got caught by a fire storm pillar that wasn't even meant for me from about 30 feet away somehow -- out in the open too!  I went to pop a humanity and the white tried to BS me, but I recovered in time to counter and I finished him before the host could do anything about it.  I had the host low on life quickly and he back-peddled with his shield up from where the phalanx is, past the bonfire all the way to the bridge taking chip damage the whole way.  Except when he got to the bridge he missed the bridge and rolled right off!

The second time I noticed the phalanxes were gone when I got there.  No prob, I went to the harpy tower and positioned myself for a plunge attack.  I wanted to make sure I got the host so I let the white pass by.  I'm pretty sure he saw me because he stopped and faced me... turned out great, because the host stopped behind him in perfect position for a plunge.  I do a plunge, wog to stun and another to knock them both off the stairs and to their death. big grin

Third time the harpies are gone too.  These guys... I tried to set up and ambush in the engorged zombie room, but they went to clear the zombies first instead of checking up the stairs.  The white got inflicted with toxin though, so I decided to see if some wog would cure it. silly I caught them off guard the host backed off and the white was clearly in his menu looking for blooming moss -- I wogged him twice and finished him with a BS while he stood there and before the host could react.  The host went into retreat mode again... toward the harper tower... onto the stairs... and... right off the other side! LOL RIP in Peace.  Gravity OP!

Don't worry though, they spammed gestures when they finally got me. Look Skyward
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:36 pm

A few tidbits from today's invasions.

I got a guy who ran from another blue and I in dark AL.  He got to the rotating stairs and dropped down to the stairs.  I never thought to put this in the darkmoon handbook.  But, it's going in right after I post this.  Instead of chasing, I moved the stairs up.  It stops him from being able to escape through the boss fog, get a sign and it forces him to fight or run into the mob of painting guardians.  Don't sleep on those painting guardians either, they are a great help.  Worst case they should buy you a heal, but recently I had a white chase me.  He got cut up pretty good and BSed twice and died even though the host was hitting the estus pretty hard.  Today the guy tried a desperation firestorm then tried to run back up the stairs; he didn't make it.

I was able to walk through the broken window in the great hall in Dark AL and roll back in.  I've never been able to do that before and I've struggled to recreate it. The problem is it's tough to practice because you have to go all the way around to try again if you miss.

I had a Dark Souls first today; I spawned in dark AL and immediately saw two phantoms... they were both blue!!! surprised 

Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Off Topic  http://mmdks.com/4ccq
    is one of my new builds I have really enjoyed using the only problem is I have had to give up sunlight spear and exchange sunlight blade for darkmoon blade so that I may hunt sinners. nobody's posted in awhile so i thought i might share. keep it up guys invading is getting seemingly even slower:waiting:  so we know were succeeding.thumbs up 
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:46 pm

You could save 2 SLs and gain an attuement slot with Cleric or Knight at your starting class.  Also the canvas talisman has a 172 mag adj, the sunlight talisman only has 149.  Good work though, just goes to show us Messegers can pwn with anything. winking
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:13 pm

So starting this weekend on the 26th through November-early December-I will be going to my father's home for SAT/ACT Math classes since math is by-far my make or break subject. Bad news I wont be staying up on Friday nights but that means I can play Saturday! One night better than nothing right?
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but would like to join (it just so happens I have a +3 Darkmoon faith build and did a bunch of invading in dark Anor Londo last weekend) I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do to join and I can't PM anyone yet (not enough posts). Look forward to hearing from you.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Always good to see a new member here. Glad to see you and I hope you like the forum too!
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Thanks! I've liked it so far; can't believe I didn't find it sooner. Good luck with the SAT/ACT btw.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:08 pm

what another xboxer?! yes my people still live
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 pm

We aren't THAT dead yet. Well let's just say we are like hollows for now. Always dying but still there. Be nice to fight a few familiars.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:27 am

yeah its kinda like we are just creeping in the back watching waiting
    Ferrous Mathias
    Ferrous Mathias

Post by Ferrous Mathias Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:52 pm

It is pretty dead most of the time. I thought it was my campus internet since over the Summer I had a pretty good rate of matches, but this Saturday I played most of the day and would often invade within a minute or two of finishing the previous invasion.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Township is the best place for invasions every where else takes a couple of minutes
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Mathias; welcome to the forum and to the MoV! cheers  I've added you to our roster.  I see you've also found the Guerrilla Warfare page, you have good taste. silly It's proven tough to get guys together on the Xbox, but we've got a few Xboxers in the MoV now.  I know Godzilla wanted to try it... maybe you guys can get the MoV Xbox guys together for Guerrilla Warfare.

----

Sad news:  Yesterday I BC'ed from the Painted World after I couldn't find the guy!  I turned the place upside down at least twice.  I invaded in front of the annex entrance.  I hardly ever do that and will probably never try again.  No enemies were dead, but curiously there were some that were disturbed in near random spots.  

I'm almost certain the guy was a hacking troll, I've "fought" a guy on a ledge halfway up that creaky elevator at the beginning of Anor Londo.  He ended up falling, so at least he died and I got an ear.  But, I have no clue what this guy was doing. *sigh*
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Hey some days you get good fights other bad and then these messes. Invisible nuts are the weirder form of hackers I can never understand. Just will say it now I hate any magic where you can be harder to see. Just use the environment to do that.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:06 pm

When a person is hiding and i can't find them i will usually just wait by the fog gate for about 15mins, If they still never show up after that i just leave

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm