Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Green__Eagle
fearandwhiskey
JohnnyHarpoon
ARSP
karchun
9 posters

How to run in sens F. past the axes!!!!

karchun
    Casual
    Casual

How to run in sens F. past the axes!!!! Empty How to run in sens F. past the axes!!!!

Post by karchun Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Died over 10 times = loss of 10 humanities and probably 30k worth of souls just trying to run past the axes ... any specific advice on each set!!! PIsses me off so much!!
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How to run in sens F. past the axes!!!! Empty Re: How to run in sens F. past the axes!!!!

Post by ARSP Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Take it slow the gaps between the axes are actually larger than they seem. for the first sent you can just rush past them watch out for a snakeman standing above your firing lightning. When you hit the second set there will be a snakeman firing lightning at you if you have spells use them when the axes are open if not use the axes as cover and inchworm your way up to the snake and kill him. the Third set can be dealt with via running and rolling. the final set with the snake firing at you if you have spells then this will be easy if you don't then this just go a lot harder when you see the axes turn your camera sideways so you can see them (whilst avoid lightning) and run in between the gaps and as a final screw you the developers have included a trap on the otherside don't step on any pressure plates and kill the snake man if you have n't already and bonus tip when you go past the fog door there will be a giant throwing giant fire bombs at you so be sure to wait until the fire effect is over run across the courtyard and have a fall of faith (don't leap) and you will land on top of a BonfireHow to run in sens F. past the axes!!!! 639795459
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How to run in sens F. past the axes!!!! Empty Re: How to run in sens F. past the axes!!!!

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 am

The axes on the first floor you can stop between each one pretty much

the second set are closer together, but there is a gap in the middle (between axes 2 and 3) where you can stop in between

i believe the third set are way above, and these are the only ones where you should run straight through

finally, the last set also have a space in the middle (again, between 2 and 3).

my only other helpful tip would be to literally walk into the axes as they swing in front of you. now, i'm not saying to get hit by them, but i am saying walk into the FLAT SIDE. it's no different than walking into a wall or something, and that way as soon as the axe swings past you, you will dash forward at the first opportune moment.

does that make sense?
    karchun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by karchun Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:43 am

We'll see!!! TBH im not bothered about the snake monsters since i almost always summon for help anyway xD

All my characters are around lvl 38 - 42 so fairly weak to fight these monsters!!
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:47 am

Are we still in summoning range? I'm home Thursday and would be happy to co-op Sen's. I just need to get out of jail in Duke's. I leveled up, but I can't remember how far. Message me tomorrow if you want!
    karchun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by karchun Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:49 am

fearandwhiskey wrote:Are we still in summoning range? I'm home Thursday and would be happy to co-op Sen's. I just need to get out of jail in Duke's. I leveled up, but I can't remember how far. Message me tomorrow if you want!
    ]

Will do mate!! My current strongest character is lvl 43 i think - btw how does the summoning work cause i summoned another friend who was 56 - he told me to get to lvl 42 ??? is it 15% within his and my SL lvl??
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:01 am

We should be ok. I just checked and I'm level 49. Honestly, I don't know the exact parameters for summoning 10% or 10 levels or 15 or 15%. . . I'd also love to have an exact answer! happy
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:27 am

fearandwhiskey wrote:We should be ok. I just checked and I'm level 49. Honestly, I don't know the exact parameters for summoning 10% or 10 levels or 15 or 15%. . . I'd also love to have an exact answer! happy

according to the wiki the summoning range is roughly 10% of your soul level. Though this may not be true because I have summoned poeple who are much stronger than I am
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:36 am

Snipe the enemies who give you trouble around the pendelums. Almost everyone can use a bow. Poison arrows work, but some of them can be 'knocked off' their perch by normal arrows and they'll fall to their death.

so sad...
    karchun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by karchun Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:43 am

Green__Eagle wrote:Snipe the enemies who give you trouble around the pendelums. Almost everyone can use a bow. Poison arrows work, but some of them can be 'knocked off' their perch by normal arrows and they'll fall to their death.

so sad...

Well thats a plus... considering this char. is a bow expert ;P
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:39 am

Watch out for the lizard man standing behind the first set of swinging blades. A common tactic is to aggro him with an arrow, at which point he'll run towards you into the blades, and get knocked off. This will NOT kill him. Instead, he will end up in an area below with the tar floor and titanite demons. Given enough time, he will climb out and jump off onto the platform where you stand before the blades (there is a corpse with an item hanging on the ledge above you where he can drop down). If you are too slow getting through the blades, he can come up behind you and really ruin your day.

Also, people often leave helpful messages in the safe spots between the blades, particularly on the higher floors. If you see one, it is usually safe to stop there, but obviously use your head when doing so.

Finally, make sure you have low encumbrance and can sprint quickly. This is most important for the third set, which are the ones you have to sprint all the way through in one go without stopping. It is possible to do a run jump at the end if you think you are about to get hit by the last blade, but this is very dangerous because if you are angled off center by even a tiny bit you can fall off the bridge during the landing roll.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 pm

A little trick that might save you should you make a mistake in footing, if you have the spell to reduce/negate fall damage, cast it before going forwards. If you are hit you might land on a platform and survive the fall due to it. It's kind of rare for it to work here, but on the lower floors it is definitely useful.
    karchun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by karchun Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Tolvo wrote:A little trick that might save you should you make a mistake in footing, if you have the spell to reduce/negate fall damage, cast it before going forwards. If you are hit you might land on a platform and survive the fall due to it. It's kind of rare for it to work here, but on the lower floors it is definitely useful.

Oh no, the problem really isn't the actual fall itself since i normally a still alive by the inch - then "WACKK" by the T. Demon kills me!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:17 am

Do you have the rusted iron ring and a 100 physical block shield, or the ability to fast roll? Either of those will make getting past those demons a real breeze.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:44 am

My advice for dealing with the titanite demons run and run fast (keep your guard up if it looks like they are going to swing
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:07 am

You can also do a plunge attack on the first titanite demon from the stair case where you enter, it stuns him momentarily so if you are strong enough you can smash him to bits before he can react.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 am

A good hint for the pendulums is to rotate the camera so you are looking at your char from left or right, this way you can see exactly where the gaps between the pendulums are. Also in the 1st set (i think in 3rd set also) there is some pillars on the walls that shows the position of the pendulums and the space you have availabel between them. You can snipe the 1st mage-serpent from the left corner of the platform before the pendulums (where the jars are) just time your shots so your arrow passes between the pendulums, you dont have to arrow it to death usually 3-4 shots are enough to knock her off the bridge. In the last set of pendulums where you have the mage on the left, you can either kil her with a bow or some spells/pyro (i havent checked if pyro works, as there is a chance that there is not enough range for lock-on... try it if you want) but lightings work great. The key is to lock-on the mage and hide behind the wall to avoid the lightings she throws at you. Then start casting your lightning while covered behind the wall and walk out of cover when the lightning is ready to shoot, and then strafe back to cover again. If timed right you should not get hit at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 pm