Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Animaaal
Latitoast
Jansports
Devokai
Casdman
9 posters

Best spear for a quality build?

Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best spear for a quality build? Empty Best spear for a quality build?

Post by Casdman Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey guys lately ive been using a 27/40 quality build, and was looking to pick up a spear that would work well with the stats.

So in peoples opinions what are the spears that work best with a quality build?
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Best spear for a quality build? Empty Re: Best spear for a quality build?

Post by Devokai Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Partizan, Pike, Demon, and Silver Knight are basically your choices. Winged is a choice too I suppose but I feel it's waste on a quality build rather than just a dex build.

My personal opinion Demon is best for 27/40 it shines well w/ these stats and is the longest in the game. Also if you happen to be one of those people who use red tear...you win...that's it because red tear's boost makes the split damage almost void. Silver knight remains good due to it's pure physical damage and better move set over the pike. For pure damage pike wont be beaten w/ the stats you've invested but I really urge you to use other spears due to it's sub par move set, weight and I'm fairly sure it's a tad shorter than sks/DSS/demon's but don't quote me on that, just how it feels win used. You can make the argument that nothing on a spear besides it's r1 is useful but that just makes for even lamer play than using a spear already is.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Because the Demon Spears R2 is useful for anything ever...

While I would also say Demon's is the way to go on a quality build, for it's ability to chip in addition to it's decent weight and amazing length. If you use Leo as I've seen many quality builds do Then Pike or SKS and their pure physical damage would certainly perform better for you.

a Nice bonus to using SKS or Demon's is they wont take yet another slab to upgrade (something to take note of as Quality builds have so many weapon options slabs can run dry fast)
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys !

I guess im off to find myself a demon spear, though experimenting with the leo ring is a good idea, ive just got to test my ability to land counters XD
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:20 pm

You can kill the demons in Anor Londo or if you're lazy join the forest hunters and buy it from shiva down in Btown. Then you can kill his ninja friend and you too can be a spear flipper!

What weapons do you normally use? I know Leo is very popular with some quality weapons. Longsword/Claymore both have their thrust, the Halberd is basically made for the Leo ring. Even the Zweihander (a great quality weapon) has a thrust attack off it's roll.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:23 pm

As of right now im using the Sunlight Straight Sword and enjoying it, even if i died a little on the inside when i killed solaire T_T

The SSS also has a couple thrust moves so the leo ring could be useful with that too, il prob just clear all the silver knights and demons and use whatever spear drops first XD
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Devokai wrote:You can make the argument that nothing on a spear besides it's r1 is useful but that just makes for even lamer play than using a spear already is.
    Partizan R2s, and SKS R2s would like to have a word with you.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 am

Demons Spear, if you're going to use Leo Ring, go with SKS or Winged Spear. I also think a Winged Spear with pine resin is better than a Demon's Spear, just shorter.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:34 am

I'd recommend the partisan over the demon's spear myself but that's only if you want to upgrade it to +15 and plan on using buffs. If you don't plan on using buffs though just go with the demon's spear the range is great, it does lightning damage, and it's regular base damage is good as well.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:30 am

Demon spear is my choice for a 27/40 build.
    Who said it's R2 is useless? I once finished someone with it in a fight club. I won't say who it was :p
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 am

The Partizan is a cool weapon, you can dead angle with those sweeping hits which many people wouldn't expect.

I love the Demon's Spear though and would recommend it. I think someone else has mentioned before that its r2 attack takes just about the same time as your opponent's wake up after a backstab so it has its uses!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    Devokai wrote:You can make the argument that nothing on a spear besides it's r1 is useful but that just makes for even lamer play than using a spear already is.
    Partizan R2s, and SKS R2s would like to have a word with you.

No kidding, the partisan's R2 sweeps are glorious, particularly 2hd, and have a bit of phantom range.  They also seem to surprise folks more than the SKS R2s, because few folks seem to be aware of their existence.  I recommend giving the partisan a look, and using it mostly 2hd when you do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am