A rant on stupid people

    Share
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 am

    this is why I don't have friends. outside of the forum anyway...

    thank goodness I can laugh at myself


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Inside your Head?

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 am

    Hue wrote:
    Teh Kitten´s Cat wrote:I have a friend that put graphics on the same level of importance as gameplay when it comes to gaming.

    He thinks being a military sniper is really easy work and blah blah blah


    Also, if you are an atheist, you probably shouldn't say it in public.

     That. Is one reason why people hate me. A LOT.


    _________________
    PSN: BerzekerS
    I can be a sarcastic Bastard. I can be an Ironic Bastard. I can also be a Bastard
     Well What is it Cheers! Well What is it 

    Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    avatar
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Inside your Head?

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:20 am



    That one guy. Basically sums up humans.


    _________________
    PSN: BerzekerS
    I can be a sarcastic Bastard. I can be an Ironic Bastard. I can also be a Bastard
     Well What is it Cheers! Well What is it 

    Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Serious_Much on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:30 am

    People who wear the T shirts of bands they don't know any of their music or couldn't recognise the band.

    Top culprits for this are definitely Nirvana, Guns n roses and Rolling Stones.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 33
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:05 pm

    What the hell does 80 million people have to do with making a game hardcore?   LOL
    It's not hardcore it's just popular.


    80 *million* per day, consistently?  That sounds hardcore to me, but not in the sense one would usually describe a game.  Kudos to developers that can keep those kinds of numbers for any period of time, they will be wealthy individuals.

    Maybe it's because I'm a bit older than most here, but one thing you learn over time is that if your intelligence is above average (such as the somewhat questionable IQ measure, let's say you're two standard deviations above the 100 average), the vast majority of people you encounter will be weaker intellectually.  As a result, they will do irrational things, make poor choices routinely, and improve slowly or not at all.  You start to realize political decline, but also that it's consistent with all historic political decline.  However, you also start to realize that life can be enjoyed through all the stupidity anyway, and if you want to do so you have no choice but to work with and sometimes manipulate it.

    If you feel you're ahead of your peers in some respect to the extent that the company you keep is intollerable, gradually associate with people you enjoy being around more.  Keep trying until you find groups you tolerate.  Same thing with career stuff, work if you have to because you have to...but always try to get something you enjoy doing eventually.

    Pursue success at things you actually care about, and if you don't know how, look up how.  Real life carries many similarities to being good at games, and it's a pretty tough one at that, so don't take it lightly or expect to win without trying happy.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:29 pm

    TheMeInTeam wrote:
    What the hell does 80 million people have to do with making a game hardcore?   LOL
    It's not hardcore it's just popular.


    80 *million* per day, consistently?  That sounds hardcore to me, but not in the sense one would usually describe a game.  Kudos to developers that can keep those kinds of numbers for any period of time, they will be wealthy individuals.

    Maybe it's because I'm a bit older than most here, but one thing you learn over time is that if your intelligence is above average (such as the somewhat questionable IQ measure, let's say you're two standard deviations above the 100 average), the vast majority of people you encounter will be weaker intellectually.  As a result, they will do irrational things, make poor choices routinely, and improve slowly or not at all.  You start to realize political decline, but also that it's consistent with all historic political decline.  However, you also start to realize that life can be enjoyed through all the stupidity anyway, and if you want to do so you have no choice but to work with and sometimes manipulate it.

    If you feel you're ahead of your peers in some respect to the extent that the company you keep is intollerable, gradually associate with people you enjoy being around more.  Keep trying until you find groups you tolerate.  Same thing with career stuff, work if you have to because you have to...but always try to get something you enjoy doing eventually.

    Pursue success at things you actually care about, and if you don't know how, look up how.  Real life carries many similarities to being good at games, and it's a pretty tough one at that, so don't take it lightly or expect to win without trying happy.
    I realised all that a long time ago (i'm 22). Its the only way to avoid being constantly angry.

    I don't like being angry, stupidity makes me angry (defining stupidity as unable to see fualty logic, even when its flaws are demonstrated.)

    the solution is to find people (of any intelligence level) capable of critical/rational thinking. These are skills, and can be taught/learned, and do not require above average intelligence. Some very smart people do incredibly stupid things.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by twigsterxd on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:22 pm

    Mein I'm older than you and hardcore means something TOTALLY different to me bud. To me, hardcore isn't based on how many people play the game. Even if there where 1 billion people it's not hardcore.
    Hardcore to me would be game difficulty, or, gameplay depending on the scenario or situation. Hardcore to me would be my 1st day on Dks, (which btw was just this past january), being invaded and trying to win. Or, my 1st day on DeS during a pbwt event week. Also, as I said ^, the games difficulty.
    But that's just my opinion on wut it means to me.

    To add to the topic, here's my rant.
    The stupidest of ALL are the ones who think they know it all. They are right and everyone is wrong. I realized after years of dealing with them that most of these so-called "know it alls" are uneducated idiots who never made it to or thru high school.
    So in other words, "Stupid People".


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going
    avatar
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4317
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2013-05-12
    Age : 20
    Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Encore on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 pm

    twigsterxd wrote:Mein I'm older than you and hardcore means something TOTALLY different to me bud. To me, hardcore isn't based on how many people play the game. Even if there where 1 billion people it's not hardcore.
    Hardcore to me would be game difficulty, or, gameplay depending on the scenario or situation. Hardcore to me would be my 1st day on Dks, (which btw was just this past january), being invaded and trying to win. Or, my 1st day on DeS during a pbwt event week. Also, as I said ^, the games difficulty.
    But that's just my opinion on wut it means to me.

    To add to the topic, here's my rant.
    The stupidest of ALL are the ones who think they know it all. They are right and everyone is wrong. I realized after years of dealing with them that most of these so-called "know it alls" are uneducated idiots who never made it to or thru high school.
    So in other words, "Stupid People"
    .

    My friend in a nutshell.

    Well, I've been surrounded by people who is so deeply convinced that their delusional and wrong worldview is right, I've come to understand how to notice ******** easy.


    _________________
    It is all like the repeating drip of thickening oil...

    Song of Myself
    avatar
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1886
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 27
    Location : Lordran

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by nsane32 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:06 pm

    intellect is measured by your ability to learn and adapt all can make irrational decisions and age doesn't matter you can be 55 and a 12 year old can be smarter than you


    _________________
    Prepare To Die

    I will protect my lord till the very end

    Au ou Pasnic Morarta

    Spoiler:

    GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 33
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:16 pm

    Mein I'm older than you and hardcore means something TOTALLY different to me bud. To me, hardcore isn't based on how many people play the game. Even if there where 1 billion people it's not hardcore.

    I agree, although from the perspective of the developer maintaining such numbers you could say the company itself is such, or that the maintenance team is.  The game and gamers maybe not, unless said gamers are averaging days/week in the game or something happy.

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hardcore

    There are applications of it in such a context that can technically work.

    On a side note, I don't think we have a way to accurately measure overall intellect and potential on a consistent basis.  It's much easier to test aptitude within context, but that doesn't necessarily mean someone scoring well is intelligent, but rather that they're good at whatever is being tested.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Animaaal on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:52 pm

    God I get tired of tryhards on the forum. Dealing with them in the game is one thing, but then to have to deal with people posting these HUGE walls of text insinuating that people don't understand logic, how opinions do not equal facts, and that...for some strange reason...their opinion is superior to yours is %$#@ing exhausting.

    I swear to God, it's like some people are oblivious to the fact that not everyone is going to be watching all their p's a q's when posting in a forum.

    I was making a joke earlier about the TWoP glitch, and this dude flat out says "my analogy is flawed"...I mean WTF?!?!?!?! Who the **** cares?!?!?!

    Then this dude goes on to almost try and justify the tactic by saying that "Its not as bad as spawn ganking".........Look Skyward 

    Some people just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I cant imagine how they relate with people in real life. Id imagine they get told to STFU a lot. Shrug 
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 33
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 am

    ^ That's a pretty mature post rolling eyes.

    I'm not interested in that particular game though.


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by reim0027 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 am

    Animaal - dial it down a notch, will you? There are better ways to get your point across.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 am

    I said no one's name and dealt with my feelings the right way.

    I didn't say this person was the most condescending, arrogant, jackwagon I've met since ****_White, but only loosely implied that their notions were a little absurd, when I really wanted to say the aforementioned.

    I had my chance too.  I anonymously came here and used the thread for its intended purposes, and put said person on my ignore list.

    I'm not trying to defy authority, if this thread wasn't here, I would have went to the "Let it out".  I came here because some people just like to argue, and I think they are "stupid people".

    I not interested in reading an essay from people using terms like "illogical fallacy" ESPECIALLY when they've said it 101 times, and it's said with such narrow-mindedness.

    Just because someone doesn't say, "You're a douchey douche face" does NOT mean they are not a troll.

    Some people here argue shyt just to argue shyt...its getting old, so I came here. Shrug
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by raecor14 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 am

    hey guys look a distraction topic ------------------------------------> pokemon.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:16 am

    I %$#@ing HATE POKEMON!!!!!

    But a lot of people say it's pretty awesome, I guess I'm wrong. Shrug 

    That's cool though...I can admit it. Prostration 
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by reim0027 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 am

    In that post, you were calling people stupid, and in your previous post, you were calling them tryhards.  These two posts have been mostly inflammatory, and you even hinted that these posts may have been directed at a particular individual (who may well know who he is).  And, you just indirectly called them: "the most condescending, arrogant, jackwagon I've met."

    So, please dial it down.  We don't need inflammatory posts like that.  They only serve to start arguments or shut down threads.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 848
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2012-03-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Finland

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by FinPeku on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:42 am

    So... Insulting and being offensive towards someone is against the forum guidelines, UNLESS you do it in another thread and don't mention that certain someone's name, right?

    And saying someone is "the most condescending, arrogant, jackwagon" is completely fine if you don't really say it, you just say you wanted to say it. And even if i can imagine these tryhards get told to STFU a lot, it's ok if I personally don't tell them to shut the *** up. And i mean, if someone dares to point out an error in my logic, they are just being narrow-minded and stupid, right?

    Yeah that sounds reasonable!

    TL;DR (so no one has to read frustrating walls of text) Animal, before going to the let it out thread and vent about another annoying tryhard, maybe you should go through your posts and think if what you're doing is indeed appropriate or not. Be honest.


    _________________
    “Soul of the mind, Key to lifes ether….
    Soul of the lost, Withdrawn from it’s vessel….
    Let strength be grant, So the world might be mended….
    So the world might be mended…”
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 33
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:49 am

    Balance arguments are always a touchy subject, and not just on this forum.  I have seen quite the nonsense from elsewhere, with the typical pattern being:

    1.  Point out that tactic x fits no criteria that make it bannable that other accepted tactics don't fit.
    2.  Suggest a rules criteria set that is objectively and consistently applied, or lacking one, going in with no expectations regarding opposing conduct.
    3.  Because nobody can do that without banning accepted tactics, and yet some can't accept tactic x, they get angry.
    4.  I discuss the merits of tactics based on what can be known, and try to steer the discussion away from areas that rely on pure subjective preference, because preferences vary a lot.
    5.  I encounter personal attacks, name-calling, and suggestions that everyone ignore my arguments, despite no serious effort to provide counter-arguments.

    I've been around different forums a long time.  This pattern is consistent and frustrating.  It is interesting how different forum cultures react differently however.  This community, on average, takes things in stride, although suggestions against established procedures meet the usual resistance.

    Nevertheless, I would like to see more arguments based on the merits of the points and less that rely on attacking people rather than their points, here and everywhere else.  As a person with over 25,000 posts across multiple forums, I see far too much focus on attacking posters, regardless of who they are and regardless of what the topic is.  Trying to undermine a poster's credibility is weak and a waste of time.  Name calling is practically admitting one has no argument whatsoever.

    If a post truly angers someone, the best responses would be to either ignore the poster or come up with counter-points that are relevant to what was posted in order to defeat the argument.  The purpose of a forum is to make relevant contributions to a discussion, and that discussion is not and generally should never be about another poster.


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.
    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by SirArchmage on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 am

    A movie praising Steve Jobs is coming out soon.

    Really? *** this ****.

    Here is a poster detailing the many reasons that I hate Apple, with a few reasons that are not even on here. It is to my great sadness that both my best friend and girlfriend own quite a few apple products, as do the family members I live with.

    http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/4697681/Apples+and+Bananas/
    The link to it.
    The image(kind of big):


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    avatar
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 402
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-04
    Age : 23
    Location : Firelink Shrine

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Elite Knight on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 am

    Serious_Much wrote:People who wear the T shirts of bands they don't know any of their music or couldn't recognise the band.

    Top culprits for this are definitely Nirvana, Guns n roses and Rolling Stones.

     And Bob-motherf*cking-Marley. Seriously, teenagers are the worst culprits, only liking the guy because he smoked weed and they think that's awesome because it's their way of saying "f*ck the man". The only song these little twits know by Bob Marley is always only ever "Three Little Birds", and then they think it's called "Don't Worry About a Thing". F*ck!


    _________________
    [img]

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 am

    @reim

    In my defense, this thread is a rant on stupid people.  And I was just  pointing out I didn’t say, “Some thing blah blah blah inflammatory specifically naming anyone.”  I was just using the thread as intended.  I cant help it if someone draws attention to themselves.

    @Fin

    Yep.  That’s my honest answer bro.  

    There was a joke made about Sheldon and House in that “other” thread……they get yelled at a lot for being rude….just saying.


    See man, aint it a pain when someone's right on a technicality and flaunts it? Shrug

    I HATE that type of attitude and can't believe I've resorted to it.  That miffs me off more actually.


    Last edited by Animaaal on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by raecor14 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:37 am

    guys, I don't want this to turn to a locked thread, sometimes people need to vent on the stupidity of humanity, lets leave this ability here.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by SirArchmage on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:41 am

    Yes, let us all calm down and start insulting Apple and Steve Jobs.


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 20
    Location : Australia

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by raecor14 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:42 am

    SirArchmage wrote:Yes, let us all calm down and start insulting Apple and Steve Jobs.
    Idarksouls


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme

    Sponsored content

    Re: A rant on stupid people

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 pm